Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#401 2016-10-21 23:05:19

Pingohits
Member
From: ambidextrous dextrose
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,957
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

N1KF wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

Yet this raises more questions: What is the script's main climax? Who is the protagonist? Who is the antagonist?

I would imagine nobody. The Universal Script would contain focus on over billions of people, so there's no "focus" on any single person.

Even though there is no "main character" of sorts, there must be someone that had a greater focus.

Offline

#402 2016-10-22 11:30:13

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,427

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Pingohits wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

Yet this raises more questions: What is the script's main climax? Who is the protagonist? Who is the antagonist?

I would imagine nobody. The Universal Script would contain focus on over billions of people, so there's no "focus" on any single person.

Even though there is no "main character" of sorts, there must be someone that had a greater focus.

If the Universal Script covers details as intricate as the collision of particles, surely it wouldn't be bound by structures which focus on specific characters? If it covers everything, there is no such thing as focus. Nothing is missed out. Every detail that could possibly be written has been written. You cannot add details if they haven't happened, and you cannot remove details either.


m3gPDRb.png
My soundcloud, My youtube

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

#403 2016-10-22 18:49:45

Pingohits
Member
From: ambidextrous dextrose
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,957
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

skullz17 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

Yet this raises more questions: What is the script's main climax? Who is the protagonist? Who is the antagonist?

I would imagine nobody. The Universal Script would contain focus on over billions of people, so there's no "focus" on any single person.

Even though there is no "main character" of sorts, there must be someone that had a greater focus.

If the Universal Script covers details as intricate as the collision of particles, surely it wouldn't be bound by structures which focus on specific characters? If it covers everything, there is no such thing as focus. Nothing is missed out. Every detail that could possibly be written has been written. You cannot add details if they haven't happened, and you cannot remove details either.

Albeit the fact the universal script covers everything, if there were to be someone of significant value (i.e. hitler, pol pot), it would cover quite a dense section in the script. My question is, who is the most significant person throughout the history of humankind? Wouldn't this person be a "focus"?

If I were to compare a child who died in the womb and a 101 year old great-grandmother, who would take up more space in the script? I'm talking about length and what the person has contributed to society.

Offline

#404 2016-10-22 19:06:05

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,427

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Pingohits wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

Yet this raises more questions: What is the script's main climax? Who is the protagonist? Who is the antagonist?

I would imagine nobody. The Universal Script would contain focus on over billions of people, so there's no "focus" on any single person.

Even though there is no "main character" of sorts, there must be someone that had a greater focus.

If the Universal Script covers details as intricate as the collision of particles, surely it wouldn't be bound by structures which focus on specific characters? If it covers everything, there is no such thing as focus. Nothing is missed out. Every detail that could possibly be written has been written. You cannot add details if they haven't happened, and you cannot remove details either.

Albeit the fact the universal script covers everything, if there were to be someone of significant value (i.e. hitler, pol pot), it would cover quite a dense section in the script. My question is, who is the most significant person throughout the history of humankind? Wouldn't this person be a "focus"?

If I were to compare a child who died in the womb and a 101 year old great-grandmother, who would take up more space in the script? I'm talking about length and what the person has contributed to society.

In that case, I guess it would be the person who does the most and wastes little time. Everyone breathes and blinks and all that so we don't need to consider that when we're talking about people relatively. So the minimum you could have to write about is if you were simply existing and not doing anything besides blinking etc. If you were doing something, you would be doing that thing as well as blinking, so you take up more space in the script at that point. Over your lifetime, you will accumulate a section of the script based on how much you have done. It will probably be the person who has lived the longest that will have the biggest section.

If you wanted to make it complicated, then you could also consider compression - i.e. if I do the same thing 5 times in a row, the script might just say "thing x5" rather than "thing thing thing thing thing". So doing things repetitively might shorten your section.


m3gPDRb.png
My soundcloud, My youtube

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by:

#405 2016-10-22 19:33:10

shadowda
Member
From: The endless void
Joined: 2015-02-19
Posts: 888

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Pingohits wrote:

Yet this raises more questions: What is the script's main climax? Who is the protagonist? Who is the antagonist?


An overall antagonist could be entropy, if you want . if this is the story of all existence. then the force trying to bring that to an end would be the antagonist. existence itself the protagonist.

or visa versa, imagine then story of entropy as it try to bring existence to an end. the end of the story being the final star dying. leaving the universe a vast empty void.


you could also imagine it as series of arcs.  to be chunked up in all sorts of ways. individual parts could have story's, climaxes, protagonist and antagonists.

this reminds me so much of the sandman.

this is destiny's book after all.


Hello everyone! its your friendly neighborhood Shadowda (man). color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

Offline

Wooted by:

#406 2016-10-22 23:16:27

Evilbunny
Member
From: The bottom of my heart
Joined: 2015-02-25
Posts: 1,259

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

I'd like to know who wrote this script because I have quite a few complaints.


Evilbunny (in cursive)

Offline

Wooted by:

#407 2016-10-22 23:52:39

Firecrackericebreak
Member
From: ͬͬͤ ͦͬͬͤ ͬͦͬͬͤ ͤͬͦͬͬͤ ͬͤͬͦͬͬͤ
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 449
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

lemonade is made of pear

Offline

#408 2016-10-23 02:40:41

Pingohits
Member
From: ambidextrous dextrose
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,957
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Firecrackericebreak wrote:

lemonade is made of pear

no if lemonade was made of pear it would be called lemonade

wait a minute you are right

Offline

#409 2016-10-23 12:42:05

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,427

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

I found a cool youtube channel called The School of Life. They have a huge library of videos on relationships, psychology, sociology, philosophy, politics and more. I find it very interesting, though it's important to keep in mind that the videos about philosophy and politics will often try to simplify it and teach you only the key points of it. It will take more than a ten minute video to thoroughly understand most of the topics.


m3gPDRb.png
My soundcloud, My youtube

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by:

#410 2016-10-30 00:19:29

Koya
Fabulous EE Admin
From: That game
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 6,198

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Ons9cD.gif


giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#411 2016-10-30 16:51:47

AnatolyEE
Member
From: Unknown location
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 2,830
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Is it the new 4D on 2D dimension? Koya created a new dimension!

Offline

#412 2016-10-31 15:00:57

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,427

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

This was recommended to me by youtube today:

(one teeny tiny swear)

edit: wait I think this guy's whole channel is

watch video first

edit2: this is the best one:

Last edited by skullz17 (2016-10-31 15:16:50)


m3gPDRb.png
My soundcloud, My youtube

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by:

#413 2016-11-03 02:14:11

ninjasupeatsninja
Member
From: USA (hooray!)
Joined: 2015-04-05
Posts: 1,502
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

6XVXIOv.png
yay 20,001th view for me


Link Explorer | My Website
My First Account, boy I'm old.
Registered-December%2030,%202010-blue.png?style=flat
Don't you enjoy a small sig?

Offline

#414 2016-11-03 11:05:14

maxi123
Member
From: code 1234 plz no troll
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 4,359

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

dont know whether there are people on the forums fragile enough to be hurt by the bottom part of this picture but whatever

qvlZqFT.pngwa2cdu.jpg
#FreeSeizures2015 | 10K PEOPLE DIED EVERYDAY BY HACKERS, ITS FBI OFC. | <3 this guy | thanks to zoey for the painted picture i actually forgot to credit her at first what a shame huh
ayy lmao

Offline

Wooted by:

#415 2016-11-03 13:27:10

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake
From: Ponies and Harmony
Joined: 2016-06-19
Posts: 485

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

20,001th. Rip OCD people


c5094df540.png

Official%20Discord%20Server-Melody-blue.svg?style=flat-square
Avatars: Latif (Old)
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar)

Offline

#416 2016-11-27 15:27:31

Koya
Fabulous EE Admin
From: That game
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 6,198

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

It's 4 weeks til 25th December, have a playlist https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/p … vm7KZhDrDu

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#417 2016-12-11 20:12:40

Mieaz
Banned
Joined: 2016-10-14
Posts: 498

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Onjit wrote:

Have you ever stood up too fast and had a rush of blood to the head?

Or is it just a tall person thing. I get this all the time.

It's called orthostatic hypotension (sorry for 1 year and 2 months late reply I hope this helped wink LoL)


N1KF IS A WITCH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline

#418 2016-12-17 10:51:43

Hostage
Formerly peugeot
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-06-02
Posts: 1,312
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

gamemonger 1-19-17 im held hostage help me


<3
townfolk

Offline

#419 2016-12-17 22:49:35

BuzzerBee
Forum Mod
From: Texas, U.S.A.
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,688
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and I thought y'all should know


TdQRyz3.png

?type=online&name=BuzzerBee     ?type=location&name=BuzzerBee     ?type=lastlogin&name=BuzzerBee
thx lrussell

Offline

Wooted by:

#420 2016-12-18 01:21:35

hummerz5
Forum Mod
From: wait I'm not a secret mod huh
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 4,775

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

BuzzerBee wrote:

I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and I thought y'all should know

welcome to the club. Does that mean you just got 200% wiser, like I did at the time?

or does it just mean that existence hurts?


fT09tOL.png
Ua5l6NQ.png
thanks zumza!
Well, we must be for ourselves in the long run; the mild and generous are only more justly selfish than the domineering - Bronte
?type=lastlogin&name=hummerz5

Offline

#421 2016-12-18 01:40:03

gkaby
Member
From: South coast of Antarctica
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 776
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

why can't we be friends by war is a rly good album imo

also hot rats by frank zappa is rly good

and gurrelieder by schoenberg is rly good

Last edited by gkaby (2016-12-18 01:40:33)


idk

Offline

#422 2017-01-16 06:32:47

Abelysk
Formerly Kefka
From: No
Joined: 2015-02-16
Posts: 2,556
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

1. I got mac and mheese
2. You that read wrong
3. You read that wrong too
4. You checked
5. You smiled
7. You are wondering why you're still this reading this
8. You saw that mistake... right? (On 7)
10. But did you see that I skipped 6?
10. You checked
11. And saw you that I doubled 10 and skipped 9
12. I said saw you, not you saw
13. I also skipped 2
14. You got tricked
15. I'm just wasting your time go back to reading the comments


👍

Offline

#423 2017-01-16 07:19:16

DarkComet
Member
From: Dipstick Kingdom
Joined: 2016-11-20
Posts: 704

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Kefka wrote:

comments

you mean replies? Obvious copypaste from youtube.
plznohate


X6pVnTA.png

Offline

#424 2017-01-16 16:11:39

maxi123
Member
From: code 1234 plz no troll
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 4,359

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

Kefka wrote:

5. You smiled

incorrect.
after seeing this for 10th time it's just sad


qvlZqFT.pngwa2cdu.jpg
#FreeSeizures2015 | 10K PEOPLE DIED EVERYDAY BY HACKERS, ITS FBI OFC. | <3 this guy | thanks to zoey for the painted picture i actually forgot to credit her at first what a shame huh
ayy lmao

Offline

#425 2017-01-17 06:14:48

Abelysk
Formerly Kefka
From: No
Joined: 2015-02-16
Posts: 2,556
Website

Re: Off-Topic Discussion thread

I didn't copy it from YouTube, BAAA


👍

Offline

destroyer1231505374623677120

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1505898455.6778 - Generated in 0.164 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.55 MiB (Peak: 1.83 MiB) ]