Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-10-17 20:24:08

Master1

Re: Can we stop being so strict...?

hummerz5 wrote:
Master1 wrote:

Yes, a spam report takes 5 seconds to deal with, but when you start including ALL the spam reports that time adds up like crazy. 90% of the reports we receive are spam. Each day I waste like 20 minutes marking stupid stuff as spam.

Alright, how about a response PM (since apparently we now have that system) outlining what is considered proper reporting? If you ban someone out of the blue, will they even understand what they did wrong?

I don't think there needs to be a PM saying what a proper report is. Read the Terms&Conditions and report things that are rule breaking. Don't report something if it doesn't break the rules.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#27 2015-10-17 20:29:24, last edited by hummerz5 (2015-10-17 20:31:44)

hummerz5

JaWapa wrote:

Everyone was given a warning when we made the forum post, the blog post, and the news pop up.

Logically I don't have a great case here. Sure, you're telling people in news pop-ups. I argue that you have little grounds to expect users to follow your actions through the blog or the forums. These are separate entities not required to enjoy EE.

The news 'bulletin' (ooh) is arguably a direct warning. Though some people probably skipped through that; and new users certainly will not see that.

Honestly, if it's a huge problem (as master1 has attested to, as well as some unspoken mods it seems), I feel more direct documentation would be a sound compromise-ish. I speak of cutting down on the general "spam report" group, not any particular instance of discussion involving the system as a medium.

In other words, what is most of the spam about? How did your warnings fail? Are we talking about repeat offenders ignoring the warnings? Naturally, you can't expect new users to understand completely.

In closing, I'd call for a clearer criteria/warning dialogue for reports. I'm not sure what the system runs on now, but a short explanation as to why you are fed up with these fraudulent reports, and the possible discipline* these reports receive, should clarify and make the situation more reasonable (to me).

*Though we might not agree on the choices, making the ramifications clear should prove useful. Because again, you can't expect (new?) people to read up on every blog post (they get long) and every forum bulletin (because seriously) and the TOS before trying out a seemingly harmless command.

Edit: My in closing wasn't very far down as I thought it was. Also, can you point out where the T&C directly addresses reporting

#28 2015-10-17 23:23:49

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

You could just do a report ban on offenders. If you abuse the report system, you can't use it.

Wooted by: (4)

#29 2015-10-18 04:06:43

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Badoosh wrote:

You could just do a report ban on offenders. If you abuse the report system, you can't use it.

Then we have a boy who cried wolf issue.

And we get in trouble.

Discord: jawp#5123

#30 2015-10-18 11:04:46

Hostage
Banned
Website

true.
i got permabanned.
i could understand a 5 month ban,2 month,even a year.
but permanently?
yeah ok

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

Wooted by:
Hostage1445162686550860

Board footer