Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-02 18:19:06, last edited by Krosis (2015-10-02 19:31:56)

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

[SUGGESTION] Punching the keyboard

Title:
Punching the keyboard

Description:
These levels may make you cry

Difficulty:
Hard-Extreme

Tier 1
NFSW: City Of Avalon
NFSW Crew
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW8LOUFtN8bUI
zFv2CRn.png

Tier 2
Arris Dome
Kirby, iPwner, Addi, KiraNinja
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWzp3nrUhbb0I
WEF1fbi.png

Tier 3
Ankyro Atlas
Anch159, CommanderKitten
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWmsClBg_gb0I
v8gJhK8.png

Tier 4
Lovely Land
Kiraninja
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWOQ34OG6bb0I
eLjfQFA.png

Krosis.gif

#2 2015-10-02 18:44:47

nlmdejonge

Re: [SUGGESTION] Punching the keyboard

"These levels may make you cry and want to kill someone."

Hm...
Because they are really difficult, or?
Why will players be punching their keyboards?
If it's just the difficulty, then don't we already have the "Fractured Fingers" campaign?

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#3 2015-10-02 19:32:53

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

nlmdejonge wrote:

"These levels may make you cry and want to kill someone."

Hm...
Because they are really difficult, or?
Why will players be punching their keyboards?
If it's just the difficulty, then don't we already have the "Fractured Fingers" campaign?

theres many levels with the difficult of fractured fingers, these ones are a bit easier than those

Krosis.gif

#4 2015-10-02 20:02:18, last edited by nlmdejonge (2015-10-02 20:05:53)

nlmdejonge

If the ones you suggest are easier, then why will they make players want to cry/punch their keyboards.
If it's just because they are difficult, doesn't this mean we already have a campaign with that theme?
[Edit: I mean, not that that's a problem per se. But, you know.]

Wooted by:

#5 2015-10-02 20:50:50, last edited by Pingohits (2015-10-02 20:51:17)

Pingohits
Banned

i don't think these are extreme...

kirby said arris dome was supposed to be an easy level

i would say medium-extreme, if that's possible

EDIT: why not make it a minis campaign, since all of these worlds are based off of that

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#6 2015-10-02 21:04:19

Schlog

It should've been named "Cracked Spacebar".

#7 2015-10-02 21:10:13

Abelysk

This isn't Extreme. They're all Hard.

#8 2015-10-02 21:18:22

Creature

The funniest part of posting a campaign is naming it.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#9 2015-10-03 01:43:50

Master1

nlmdejonge wrote:

If it's just because they are difficult, doesn't this mean we already have a campaign with that theme?

Just wanna point out that difficulty is not a theme. If this were the case, couldn't you also say that we shouldn't make anymore basic, easy, or medium campaigns?
-
Anyways, seems like a cool campaign, but I think Arris Dome would need to be the first tier. It's much easier than the others.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#10 2015-10-03 03:10:49

iPwner
Website

No, I don't want to have to complete another one of these arrowpuke campaigns for a gem reward; one is already enough. Didn't nou say he wanted variety? Aren't all these levels basically just clones of EX FV? Same winlist, generally same # of minis, similar patterns among minis, all very annoying and taking hours to complete a single mini towards the end of the level (if we count out Arris Dome and City of Avalon)... There are so many other hard levels that you could use for another hard-extreme campaign, like Google's level, Norwegianboy's levels, I Wanna Be the Guy. We really don't need another forgotten veil clone campaign. -_-

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (4)

#11 2015-10-03 12:18:12, last edited by nlmdejonge (2015-10-03 12:19:35)

nlmdejonge

Master1 wrote:
nlmdejonge wrote:

Just wanna point out that difficulty is not a theme.

Either difficulty is not a theme, and then this campaign's theme hasn't been made clear (because its title and description only go into how difficult the campaign is). Or difficulty is a theme, and then we already have a difficult arrow path campaign. I'd say give priority to more original campaigns.

#12 2015-10-08 19:28:53

Kira

iPwner wrote:

No, I don't want to have to complete another one of these arrowpuke campaigns for a gem reward; one is already enough. Didn't nou say he wanted variety? Aren't all these levels basically just clones of EX FV? Same winlist, generally same # of minis, similar patterns among minis, all very annoying and taking hours to complete a single mini towards the end of the level (if we count out Arris Dome and City of Avalon)... There are so many other hard levels that you could use for another hard-extreme campaign, like Google's level, Norwegianboy's levels, I Wanna Be the Guy. We really don't need another forgotten veil clone campaign. -_-

Just because you hate arrows doesn't mean EVERYONE hates them. Don't take your case for a generalisation please.

Honestly I think this campaign is kind of nice. More variety would be better though since I (almost) made 3 of those.

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2015-10-09 09:44:31, last edited by Master1 (2015-10-09 09:45:53)

Master1

iPwner wrote:

There are so many other hard levels that you could use for another hard-extreme campaign, like Google's level, Norwegianboy's levels, I Wanna Be the Guy.

First off, I'm assuming by "google's level" you mean Reality Crush, in which case that map is insanely outdated and should never be added to a campaign. Secondly, levels like norwegianboy's and I wanna be the guy tend to stick to "The wrong kind of hard" Where almost all the jumps are pixel perfect spike/portal dodging bs. When it comes to difficulty, we want it the levels in campaigns to be learnable. Not something you have to play over and over, hoping to get lucky at some point.
-
Also the levels in this topic look great for campaigns, but as kiraninja mentioned, he worked on several of the maps, and we're trying to limit campaigns to one map per person per campaign.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#14 2015-10-09 16:52:59

iPwner
Website

Master1 wrote:
iPwner wrote:

There are so many other hard levels that you could use for another hard-extreme campaign, like Google's level, Norwegianboy's levels, I Wanna Be the Guy.

First off, I'm assuming by "google's level" you mean Reality Crush, in which case that map is insanely outdated and should never be added to a campaign. Secondly, levels like norwegianboy's and I wanna be the guy tend to stick to "The wrong kind of hard" Where almost all the jumps are pixel perfect spike/portal dodging bs. When it comes to difficulty, we want it the levels in campaigns to be learnable. Not something you have to play over and over, hoping to get lucky at some point.
-
Also the levels in this topic look great for campaigns, but as kiraninja mentioned, he worked on several of the maps, and we're trying to limit campaigns to one map per person per campaign.

So I guess this thing about wanting "variety" is completely ignored? We'll just have the same exact regurgitated arrow dhiarrheum? ;o You may say that all jumps are pixel perfect spike/portal dodging bs... but the truth is, that's simply untrue ! These levels incorporate puzzles, long-jumps, skill jumps (just like some of the maps in campaign), fun signs, plot twists, and precision. But let's get to the basis of your argument; your argument is flawed at the roots, so I'll just pull those roots up for you! You could say you need to "get lucky" to beat any hard mini, and frankly, that's how I got past the unpleasant clouds of unpleasant carbonated gas inherent in the current rather uncreative campaigns. :-o All I'm suggesting is some variety here so everyone can enjoy the campaigns, and not the same, formatted, tied-to-a-single-outline, manufactured levels that are in the "extreme" campaigns. Is that so much to ask?

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#15 2015-10-09 16:54:59

iPwner
Website

OH and in addition... I actually co-created one of the levels in this campaign, so your argument is semi-floundered! :3 And now off I prance to school...

Im A ®a®ity ®

#16 2015-10-09 18:19:34

Kira

iPwner wrote:
Master1 wrote:
iPwner wrote:

-

So I guess this thing about wanting "variety" is completely ignored? We'll just have the same exact regurgitated arrow dhiarrheum? ;o You may say that all jumps are pixel perfect spike/portal dodging bs... but the truth is, that's simply untrue ! These levels incorporate puzzles, long-jumps, skill jumps (just like some of the maps in campaign), fun signs, plot twists, and precision. But let's get to the basis of your argument; your argument is flawed at the roots, so I'll just pull those roots up for you! You could say you need to "get lucky" to beat any hard mini, and frankly, that's how I got past the unpleasant clouds of unpleasant carbonated gas inherent in the current rather uncreative campaigns. :-o All I'm suggesting is some variety here so everyone can enjoy the campaigns, and not the same, formatted, tied-to-a-single-outline, manufactured levels that are in the "extreme" campaigns. Is that so much to ask?

iPwner wrote:

OH and in addition... I actually co-created one of the levels in this campaign, so your argument is semi-floundered! :3 And now off I prance to school...

Yes your argument isn't valid, Master1 is right, his "hard" levels aren't original. You're way too much overrating them since he's your friend which I can understand of course.

I gotta agree though that I wanna be the guy by Muffin is one of the best level I ever played.

#17 2015-10-09 19:39:02

nlmdejonge

Master1 wrote:

Secondly, levels like norwegianboy's and I wanna be the guy tend to stick to "The wrong kind of hard" Where almost all the jumps are pixel perfect spike/portal dodging bs. When it comes to difficulty, we want it the levels in campaigns to be learnable. Not something you have to play over and over, hoping to get lucky at some point.

My experience is the exact opposite of what you describe, and my opinion is also the exact opposite of yours. You call those levels "the wrong kind of hard", I call them "the right kind of hard". What you call "bs", not learnable and "hoping to get lucky", I describe as "precision jumping", "a skill that's masterable". Those arrow paths, where you're accelerating and slowing down through arrows: that's the thing you have to play "over and over, hoping to get lucky at some point". For a lot of those arrow paths you cannot even see half the mini until you finish the first section, which means you need to literally do it over and over until you finally figure out what the maker of the level wants you to do. It's disconcerting to see you, as an "EE Mod", write that what the staff wants ("we want") for campaigns is not compatible with "levels like norwegianboy's and I wanna be the guy". It's clear that the staff's taste goes into a specific, arrow path-like, direction. This is evident from, for example, the majority of the levels created by the staff members. Now, there's nothing wrong with consensus among the staff, but some of us are somewhat afraid that what you may see as "as diverse as possible" is still primarily (pretty minimaps with) arrow madness, because you're looking for diversity within too narrow boundaries. I wasn't joking when I wrote that "I hope minigames and stairs and such will be included in campaigns." Those arrow paths are everywhere nowadays and they are cheap and uninspired minis. There are people extremely skilled at creating such minis, but I personally just see their skill as being great at creating crap. Several years ago lots of people suddenly started creating such minis because some of the people in this community who were seen as "pros" were creating these arrow paths. That's why we've been flooded with so many of such levels in recent years and that's why they show up in so many campaign (level) suggestions - including this thread. You (Master1, staff) don't have to finish playing all campaigns, you don't even have to play them at all. I may never finish the "Fractured Fingers" campaign because I think its levels are horrible. I urge you to really make the campaigns as diverse as possible. Don't discard levels because you personally think they are the "wrong kind of hard" or insufficiently "learnable" or about "hoping to get lucky". What's fun and what's not is subjective. Also, the staff and the people on this forum are just a fraction of all the EE players. These buddies that hang around in those "pro" arrow levels, if you look carefully you'll always see the same nicks there, it's a minority. Oh, and thanks for mentioning "I wanna be the guy", it may be suitable for inclusion in the "Precision Jumping" campaign.

Wooted by: (5)

#18 2015-10-09 22:06:52

skullz17

I actually like the worlds by Norwegianboy that I've played. I don't think they're "The wrong kind of hard".

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#19 2015-10-10 02:10:32, last edited by iPwner (2015-10-10 05:54:15)

iPwner
Website

Kira wrote:

Yes your argument isn't valid, Master1 is right, his "hard" levels aren't original. You're way too much overrating them since he's your friend which I can understand of course.

I gotta agree though that I wanna be the guy by Muffin is one of the best level I ever played.

iPwner NEVER wrote:

norwegianboy's levels are original!!!!

I in no point said his levels were original, I said they had great variety which would compensate for the extreme campaign's lack of variety. You can say all you want about your opinions about EE Crew Hates People but the facts are that all the levels in the extreme campaign have the same exact outline; shmancy fancy minimap art, shmancy-fancy winlist, 14-16 minis each, little transition sections between minis etc. All the names are 2 words long each and most even rhyme: PP, TT, FV! I believe it even has a genre called "proo". While on the other hand EE Crew Hates people, in fact, does -not- follow the "proo" map outline ! It incorporates skill-platforming, speed jumps, puzzles, tricks, and is very creatively unrestrained! On the other hand, NA, PP, TT, SA, FV _________________.

iPwner also NEVER on a blue hickery-doo's flute wrote:

my argument is invalid yayz!!!!!

By saying "yes" in conjunction with "your argument isn't valid" you imply I had indeed said something I had, unfortunately,  not ! But at the end of the day I don't exactly have the shetz to respond to this fully.

iPwner wrote:

Ain't nobody got time for dat! Ain't nobody got TAIM for dat! D-Dat, dat, dat da-dadada-dat!

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (2)

#20 2015-10-13 14:36:11

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

nlmdejonge wrote:
Master1 wrote:

Secondly, levels like norwegianboy's and I wanna be the guy tend to stick to "The wrong kind of hard" Where almost all the jumps are pixel perfect spike/portal dodging bs. When it comes to difficulty, we want it the levels in campaigns to be learnable. Not something you have to play over and over, hoping to get lucky at some point.

My experience is the exact opposite of what you describe, and my opinion is also the exact opposite of yours. You call those levels "the wrong kind of hard", I call them "the right kind of hard". What you call "bs", not learnable and "hoping to get lucky", I describe as "precision jumping", "a skill that's masterable". Those arrow paths, where you're accelerating and slowing down through arrows: that's the thing you have to play "over and over, hoping to get lucky at some point". For a lot of those arrow paths you cannot even see half the mini until you finish the first section, which means you need to literally do it over and over until you finally figure out what the maker of the level wants you to do. It's disconcerting to see you, as an "EE Mod", write that what the staff wants ("we want") for campaigns is not compatible with "levels like norwegianboy's and I wanna be the guy". It's clear that the staff's taste goes into a specific, arrow path-like, direction. This is evident from, for example, the majority of the levels created by the staff members. Now, there's nothing wrong with consensus among the staff, but some of us are somewhat afraid that what you may see as "as diverse as possible" is still primarily (pretty minimaps with) arrow madness, because you're looking for diversity within too narrow boundaries. I wasn't joking when I wrote that "I hope minigames and stairs and such will be included in campaigns." Those arrow paths are everywhere nowadays and they are cheap and uninspired minis. There are people extremely skilled at creating such minis, but I personally just see their skill as being great at creating crap. Several years ago lots of people suddenly started creating such minis because some of the people in this community who were seen as "pros" were creating these arrow paths. That's why we've been flooded with so many of such levels in recent years and that's why they show up in so many campaign (level) suggestions - including this thread. You (Master1, staff) don't have to finish playing all campaigns, you don't even have to play them at all. I may never finish the "Fractured Fingers" campaign because I think its levels are horrible. I urge you to really make the campaigns as diverse as possible. Don't discard levels because you personally think they are the "wrong kind of hard" or insufficiently "learnable" or about "hoping to get lucky". What's fun and what's not is subjective. Also, the staff and the people on this forum are just a fraction of all the EE players. These buddies that hang around in those "pro" arrow levels, if you look carefully you'll always see the same nicks there, it's a minority. Oh, and thanks for mentioning "I wanna be the guy", it may be suitable for inclusion in the "Precision Jumping" campaign.

Good stuff you are writing there.
One suggestion though: The wall of text is really hard to read so you might consider splitting it up into paragraphs and then giving them some space between the lines.

Like i am doing right now.

I totally agree on what you wrote though. They say they want variety... and then they deny ANY level that is not generally "accepted" by the EElite. (people that only hang out in arrowpoo levels seem to only like arrowpoo levels, who would have guessed)

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#21 2015-10-13 16:17:04

nlmdejonge

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

paragraphs

Yeah,

I

know.

I

was

lazy.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#22 2015-10-13 16:19:39

Gosha

Aaa, so much text
I'm scared to read it

#23 2015-10-17 09:07:23

Nebula

#24 2015-10-17 11:37:05

Different55
Forum Admin

No, that's only for suggesting levels for other people to put into campaigns. A bit like the graphics ideas topic. If they're posting a complete campaign, it doesn't go in there.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:
Different551445078225550418

Board footer