Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-11 20:54:07

Slushie

Make limited blocks unlimited, and divide other shop prices by 10

The title is self-explanatory.

Why do players have to be so severely restricted on the types of worlds they can create by the insane shop prices? Why do I have to wait 6 hours to add one checkpoint to my world, 25 hours to add one sign, or 160+ hours to buy a decently sized world? After laziness, the shop is the largest factor that is stopping new (and old) players from creating worlds.

If we make the tools more accessible, new players will be more likely to stay and contribute worlds, and maybe EE will stop feeling so stagnant.

ok

#2 2015-09-11 20:58:14

Hostage
Banned
Website

Re: Make limited blocks unlimited, and divide other shop prices by 10

what if they make daily tasks or something like
"complete [world] to get 100 energy!"
"get your world to be on the top online list for 50 energy!"
and so

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#3 2015-09-11 20:59:30

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

what about turn the time from 150 seconds to 90? (1:30)

Krosis.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2015-09-11 22:51:42

Schlog

I don't like these ideas. Energy is supposed to take a long time, that way you'd play more.

#5 2015-09-11 23:26:12

Abelysk

MLGNinja wrote:

I don't like these ideas. Energy is supposed to take a long time, that way you'd play more.

In 2010 there weren't even any Shops. You didn't have to log on daily to get anything.

#6 2015-09-11 23:27:52, last edited by Slushie (2015-09-11 23:32:08)

Slushie

MLGNinja wrote:

Too bad new players don't want to play because they don't have any blocks.

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
MLGNinja wrote:

In 2010 there weren't even any Shops. You didn't have to log on daily to get anything.

Exactly, and there were ten times as many active players then.

ok

Wooted by:

#7 2015-09-12 04:49:21

Gosha

I like energy system now, dont change it

#8 2015-09-12 12:11:50, last edited by Badoosh (2015-09-12 12:48:06)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

I fully support. The game was doing better in the past with a smaller shop before weekly updates.
When I first joined in 2011, I felt a bit overwhelmed by the shop, but not enough to give up. Here's what I had to buy:

Hidden text

Here's what new players have to buy:

Hidden text

And on top of that there are limited blocks, and a crew system you're supposed to buy somehow, and only 200 energy to start with. Sure the prices for blocks decreased, but is it enough to make up for the fact that the majority of smileys cost 1000+ energy too? Campaigns do give energy prizes, but is it enough? Are daily rewards enough? Probably not.
How is this supposed to be a part of the game that makes players stay instead of run away?

Edit: Some other solutions to ponder:
Price decay: the older something is the cheaper it is. Old players can spend more time getting new stuff, and new players can catch up fast.
Bigger rewards for campaigns: Players get more smileys from beating campaigns.
Greater initial energy: Players start with 500 energy instead of 200.
Energy time decreases: It takes 1 minute to get 1 energy instead of 2.5.
Increase chances on magic coins: More energy and max energy and refills couldn't hurt.

#9 2015-09-12 12:25:30

Zumza

How admins think:
- We should make our items very hight price so they will stay longer on game, play more campaigns
- If they want to really use our system for their imagination then let them buy builder club. After all hosting isn't that cheap.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#10 2015-09-12 15:43:44

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Badoosh wrote:

Edit: Some other solutions to ponder:
Price decay: the older something is the cheaper it is. Old players can spend more time getting new stuff, and new players can catch up fast.
Bigger rewards for campaigns: Players get more smileys from beating campaigns.
Greater initial energy: Players start with 500 energy instead of 200.
Energy time decreases: It takes 1 minute to get 1 energy instead of 2.5.
Increase chances on magic coins: More energy and max energy and refills couldn't hurt.

i agree with most of them, but most of the players that has play more than 1 year, they have around 300 energy, it's not fair for new users have 200+ than they that spent time getting magic coins

Krosis.gif

#11 2015-09-12 20:07:23

Muftwin

Tomkazaz wrote:

throw away the hours invested

TomKazaz wrote:

Or lowering the energy time to 1:30, that would speed things up.

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by: (4)

#12 2015-09-12 20:08:52

Slushie

Tomkazaz wrote:

You can't simply reduce prices and make limited blocks unlimited. It would only lower the value of old accounts and practically throw away the hours invested in stacking up those items.

Why not think of new solutions instead of insisting on price reduction?

How about coupons that would allow new players to get a pack or two for free, just so they have something to start with (not the classic items, of course). Or lowering the energy time to 1:30, that would speed things up.

Well, either way, accounts are being devalued because the time it takes to buy items will be reduced. The best solution I can think of is compensating players by awarding credits for the energy they spent. Maybe some new items can be introduced that players can spend their credits on, e.g. a rare smiley that takes a year's worth of credits to buy, username color changes, etc.. Cosmetic things like that, that won't affect gameplay. As things are now, it takes years to purchase enough items to make a good world, and it's scaring prospective players away.

ok

Wooted by:

#13 2015-09-12 21:44:44

skullz17

If the energy shop isn't there, what motivates players to continue playing EE?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#14 2015-09-12 21:50:06

Creature

At least make doors/gates items +25 and items like portals, signs and others +10.

This is a false statement.

#15 2015-09-12 22:27:07

Slushie

skullz17 wrote:

If the only thing keeping players coming back is the need to spend energy, maybe that says something.

ok

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2015-09-12 23:15:07

Anch

If you say people are motivated to come back to EE by having the need to spend energy, then they are not actually playing the game (if they are just spending energy, of course)
You're not actually interacting with people or building worlds; just spending energy.

#17 2015-09-13 02:06:30

Muftwin

skullz17 wrote:

why would we care if someone stops playing ee if the only reason theyre here is to a bad idle game for rewards they cant use and are clearly ocd to do that

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by:

#18 2015-09-13 03:20:37

Prodigy

i dont get the point of this AT ALL!!

h0qIF0q.png

#19 2015-09-13 03:32:27

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

For the time being, prices are not being changed.  At some point they will probably be given minor adjustments, because of added content expanding the shop.

Adjusting the time for energy refill is definitely manageable.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

Ben

#20 2015-09-13 04:14:30

Bobithan

JaWapa wrote:

For the time being, prices are not being changed.  At some point they will probably be given minor adjustments, because of added content expanding the shop.

Adjusting the time for energy refill is definitely manageable.

This isn't really a promising reply at all. "Minor adjustments" don't help an absolutely broken system. Having limited blocks to use is nothing but a detriment to the game. Why limit the player's creativity in a game that is all about creativity? It's an absolutely horrible system with no redeeming qualities.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#21 2015-09-13 04:43:35

iPwner
Website

I fully support this. It is so obnoxious to have to either waste years drilling away items off the shop or buy BC which I must spend REAL, hard earned CashMoney to buy - nuh uh. ;> Speaking of which should be SACKED, considering all of the *renovations* they're making after mrshoe left and that it was created by mrshoe.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#22 2015-09-13 12:31:48

skullz17

Muftwin wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

why would we care if someone stops playing ee if the only reason theyre here is to a bad idle game for rewards they cant use and are clearly ocd to do that

Well a new player might just get bored of EE quickly if they aren't the builder type of player, because they just find a lot of boring worlds. Whereas they might stay if they feel like they have made some progress and want to continue, and then eventually find more reasons to continue playing EE.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#23 2015-09-13 14:44:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

Why don't we just start off all accounts with a larger selection of packages, like windows, ninja and stuff, and give everyone 100 of each limited block, as well as 1 free small, medium, and large world? That way they at least have something.

(Also add that to old accounts too please)

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (3)

#24 2015-09-13 15:00:12

Schlog

minimania wrote:

Why don't we just start off all accounts with a larger selection of packages, like windows, ninja and stuff, and give everyone 100 of each limited block, as well as 1 free small, medium, and large world? That way they at least have something.

(Also add that to old accounts too please)

This is a good idea in my opinion, but you shouldn't give TOO MANY free packages, otherwise the shop would be pretty worthless

Wooted by: (2)

#25 2015-09-13 16:50:41, last edited by Bobithan (2015-09-14 06:09:07)

Bobithan

Tomkazaz wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

an absolutely broken system

The system works fine. Nobody said every single noob has to buy every single item. The energy shop is there only to offer you stuff beyond what you already have and can work with.

Bobithan wrote:

Why limit the player's creativity in a game that is all about creativity?

Part of being creative is trying to make do with what you got, instead of making a fuss about it on the forums. The limitations are here to stay.

That's an absolutely horrible argument. By way of the shop, you are actively making worlds less varied and creative. World quality isn't somehow made better with these limitations in place. I'm frankly shocked that anybody has that kind of absurd view on the shop. Why have all these interesting tools to play with when it takes years to build up the necessary stock to make a world that fully utilizes the tools the game has to offer?

I don't understand the logic on how limiting the player's ability to make worlds in a game that is about making and sharing worlds makes the worlds any better. There are so many new concepts that are yet to be explored because of the fact that it's damn near impossible to get a large enough supply to execute said concepts without spending real world money, which people are, of course, very reluctant to do. This game has a ton more to offer that's already in the game, but we've seen near none of it because of the money grab that is the shop.

Just look at the numbers! As the shop got more and more bloated, more and more people left the game and newcomers wouldn't stay because of how intimidating the shop is. No amount of discounts or "minor adjustments" will be able to make the shop not the bloated mess it is today. We've gone down from ~2k+ online to just ~250 or so for a reason. If your first impression of a game is that you have nothing and there's no hope that you'll be able to get even a small portion of what's offered to use, you're likely going to leave. It's easy for you to say the shop is fine, as you've been fortunate enough to buy from the shop as it grew, but newcomers don't have that privilege. It's a tumor.

That's not to say that the shop shouldn't exist. It still holds value if used correctly, and not just as a huge brick wall that scares away all of the newcomers. It's good for smileys and auras. It's good for simple block packs. It's good for worlds. The critical aspect of the shop that's actively making the game worse is the absolutely horrible idea of limiting the amount of action blocks you can use.

And don't complain about all that wasted time and energy in the miraculous case that they do make limited blocks unlimited. It's downright selfish to complain about being literally given as much as you want of something you've been hoarding for so long. Be thankful, maybe? Besides, if you're the sort to have put thousands of energy into a limited block, I'm sure you already have all there is to buy from the shop sans the worlds, so you're really not missing out on much.

tl;dr make limited blocks unlimited, there is no reason not to.

aka towwl

skullz171442346288542006

Board footer