Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-16 23:33:04, last edited by shadowda (2015-10-01 22:01:31)

shadowda

Darkness suggestion

Basically darkness is a forth layer to the world like: blocks, backgrounds, and the hex background, but it is above blocks. it is over all blocks
there could be a setting, either a plain dark or not check box (see darkness graphic) or it could be a bar. i.e one side is light the other is dark and you can slide toward the side you want.

check out my graphics too http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=29538

On the dark setting the world would be completely dark in normal mode, meaning its light in god mode.
Many different blocks would give off light, such as these original blocks:
• lamp block - the normal light block, give off light in all directions - radius of 3 blocks
• switch lamp block - like a lamp but can be turned off and off by a switch with the same id - radius of 3 blocks
• timed lamp block - like the lamp but turns off and off on a set time - radius of 3 blocks
• coin lamp block - like the lamp but turns on or off after a set number of coins are collected - radius of 3 blocks
• death lamp block - like the lamp but turns on or off after a set number of deaths - radius of 3 blocks
• search light block - gives of double the amount of light the lamp block does but only gives of light from the left and right sides. It can be rotated to give off light only up and down. - distance 6 both ways.
• the crystal blocks can give of a faint glow. - radius of 2 blocks
• stone lantern - dojo themed - radius of 3 blocks
•players glow -  all players glow with a radius of 3 blocks
• block lamp - you can set a radius of darkness
regular blocks that give off light ( including action and decor )
• lava liquid - radius of 4 blocks
• fire hazard - radius of 2 blocks

• light block - you can set the radius of the light your self - using a height and length setting you can set the light. useful for lighting areas with out a lot of light blocks. put them on the outskirts of your map and set the light to cover the area.

• the lava decor - radius of 2
• the sifi decor - radius of 2

im not sure of other normal blocks shopuld give off light. but you wanr
• sifi red and blue - radius of 2 blocks
• lava blocks - radius of 2 blocks

Darkness and light could also be effects
• night vision - lets you see better
• shine - lets you glow more than usual.

honestly an entire menu could be set aside just for deciding what blocks have light. meaning you cloud chose if effect blocks or signs gave off light for example.

I believe smileys should not have special ability when it comes to darkness and light. So no night vision for the night vision smiley. ect.

NEW EDIT: indivisible light source. something with a settable radius but you can place it over blocks and decorations. it wont delete the block but it will have the light all the same. allowing for decorations and blocks to have light

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#2 2015-08-17 00:32:56

Awesomenessgood

Re: Darkness suggestion

You know what, I think this idea and the vision blockers can come in for a sp00ky halloween update really well.

lunchbox

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2015-08-18 21:11:25

shadowda

Awesomenessgood wrote:

You know what, I think this idea and the vision blockers can come in for a sp00ky halloween update really well.

I can only hope.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#4 2015-08-18 21:17:39

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Awesomenessgood wrote:

omg so sp00ky

Krosis.gif

Krosis1439929059531695

Board footer