Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

Re: So an idea for Beta accounts (petition)

@Bimps1002: are you beta?

#27 Before February 2015

Bimps

Tails Doll wrote:

Nope.

But they do test stuff, but it's chris's fault that nobody does it long enough

#28 Before February 2015

Calicara

Bimps1002 wrote:
Tails Doll wrote:

Nope.

Bimps it's not really testing, it's more like releasing. Because half the time even if we don't like it Chris keeps it anyway. There should be a smaller more collective group of players who test updates before they are released.

Only players that can be trusted not to leak info of the new updates.

Last edited by Calicara (Jul 30 2011 2:23:44 pm)

#29 Before February 2015

Bimps

Failgirl101 wrote:
Bimps1002 wrote:
Tails Doll wrote:

Nope.

Bimps it's not really testing, it's more like releasing. Because half the time even if we don't like it Chris keeps it anyway. There should be a smaller more collective group of players who test updates before they are released.

They test stuff before everybody uses it so noobs don't complain when they're are bugs.

Some people think beta is only for getting stuff before the non-betas, or getting stuff only for them.

#30 Before February 2015

Calicara

Bimps1002 wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:
Bimps1002 wrote:

Nope.

They test stuff before everybody uses it so noobs don't complain when they're are bugs.

Some people think beta is only for getting stuff before the non-betas, or getting stuff only for them.

Chris releases items to non-betas even when there are bugs. This has been a long going issue. Chris has worried more about features rather than bugs. Take this new update for example? How many bugs are there? This update clearly wasn't tested enough. Look how many people are complaining. Shouldn't beta have tested this first? Well we didn't. Why? I don't know, ask Chris. After all isn't testing what I paid for?

#31 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I agree. Beta is no longer testing, it's premium. I think, instead of turning beta into premium, beta should actually test the features.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#32 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

Anybody else agree?

#33 Before February 2015

simpleguest

No, that will make the game have less worlds being made, because of less people buying "beta". this also will make you see less beta bricks in levels. Less beta smilies too. I personally am not beta, but think of all the people waiting to become 18 to buy it. then think about the people whose parents may only allow a certain amount of money to be spent on line. Say that number was $10. See? less people with beta and less worlds. It's part of the way to get more money. Less price, more affordable, more demand, more sales. Chris can make more changes, hire people, and keep a roof over his head.

#34 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

You're not making any sense. As much people would be buying beta as before, even more, if beta actually got to test features. If it were premium, it'd be the same situation. I don't see where you're getting your arguments from. You can't just pull statistics out of your ****, like saying 'less beta bricks and less smileys'. Only if people start to buy it less, and you didn't give a reason why less people would buy beta.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#35 Before February 2015

Calicara

Actually it would work in Chris' favor. He could make all normal betas premium, and make people pay even more for Beta.

So like for example. First you have to get premium, then you pay an additional $5 dollars for beta. Then when there are new features you can test them out in a beta only world. A permanent world for beta testing only. Kinda like an open world for only the testers. Upon entrance they are equipped with the latest update.

Now the only problem with this is that there would be no way to give feedback without revealing the feature. It would actually create more work for the admins. But knowing how Chris always needs the money I'm sure he would find a way.

Last edited by Calicara (Jul 30 2011 7:51:28 pm)

#36 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

I was thinking actually that Beta would be free. Chris could choose a hand full of the more intelligent players (who have bought premium, of course) who could test out new features and updates. As of privacy, it is very easy to create forum pages that are only visible to certain people, (i.e. "the board," it's a secret topic where mods and admins can discuss private matters, its only visible to mods, admins, and sometimes to people who have passwords or special permissions.) I've worked with forums, so I know that it's possible and easy.

#37 Before February 2015

simpleguest

O.O wat?

#38 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

My forum has said permissions, but I'm the only one with them. There's also a b& forum for only admins and b&

Last edited by JadElClemens (Jul 30 2011 8:18:48 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#39 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Tails Doll wrote:

They're called mods.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#40 Before February 2015

catking00

When I got beta I wanted to tesr stuff and get beta only features. I think chris should have a sign up thing for betas to test. If you sign up you get beta, if you don't you get premium. They bet the same stuff but beta tests it and reports bugs. If you just sign up to have beta or stuff first they should be premium.

#41 Before February 2015

EDJ

ha you beat me to this, I thought of this too yesterday, but I don't agree with your solution.
I hope Chris really sees this. I agree Beta has turned into Premium and I think this has to stop.
Right now all changes are implemented to Beta/regular immediately. I propose to split beta and regular completely and permanent. Beta users will still be able to play on regular ofcourse.
This change has multiple benefits:
- Physic/New feature changes can be tested on smaller scale and without breaking rooms.
- Chris can better react to the opinions and make changes before he releases it to the regular Client.
- People can anticipate physics changes better in the regular client.

#42 Before February 2015

supadorf24

EDJ wrote:

I hope Chris really sees this. I agree Beta has turned into Premium and I think this has to stop.
Right now all changes are implemented to Beta/regular immediately. I propose to split beta and regular completely and permanent. Beta users will still be able to play on regular ofcourse.
This change has multiple benefits:
- Physic/New feature changes can be tested on smaller scale and without breaking rooms.
- Chris can better react to the opinions and make changes before he releases it to the regular Client.
- People can anticipate physics changes better in the regular client.

I think are far too many Beta players to enact this. Face it; most people bought Beta for the extra smileys, blocks, and worlds, not actually to beta test the game. I think Beta should just become Premium, since Beta has never really been about beta testing anyway.

Then, take a select group of players--maybe 10 or 20--that can play on the alpha client that the in-game admins currently test with. These select 10 or 20 wouldn't become admins; they would just be using the alpha client to test features before they were released into the Premium and unpaid client.

Recap of changes I'm proposing:

Unpaid client: would remain unchanged.

Beta client: would become the Premium client. Would still receive features before unpaid members.

Alpha client: would become the only client used for testing. 10 or 20 players would be chosen to test in this client.

#43 Before February 2015

EDJ

Why wouldn't it work? Most features get "tested" by the whole community atm. More people means more things get discovered faster but without breaking the worlds.

Face it; most people bought Beta for the extra smileys, blocks, and worlds, not actually to beta test the game. I think Beta should just become Premium, since Beta has never really been about beta testing anyway.

It was about testing, I bought it for it. But beta users dont loose their smileys   or worlds. They just need to go to the regular site. it was split before and that worked fine, the shop would be removed from the beta one and the worlds too.

#44 Before February 2015

supadorf24

There are a lot of older and more experienced non-Beta players that could offer better feedback than a lot of young and immature Beta players. Seems silly to pay to help Chris anyway.

A bunch of Beta players just want stuff first, not to test it.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Jul 31 2011 10:31:00 am)

#45 Before February 2015

Calicara

I don't think beta of premium means skill level, or maturity level. So if this is implemented the players who get to beta test should only be those who have been playing EE for a while and are able to give good constructive criticism. Because anyone can buy beta. But that doesn't mean they are better.

Also I forgot about secret forums. That would be a good idea. I really like Supadorfs version of it.

#46 Before February 2015

EDJ

That could work too, atleast there has to change something

#47 Before February 2015

correiajoao

Failgirl101 wrote:

I don't think beta of premium means skill level, or maturity level. So if this is implemented the players who get to beta test should only be those who have been playing EE for a while and are able to give good constructive criticism. Because anyone can buy beta. But that doesn't mean they are better.

I agree with you.

Tails Doll wrote:

I was thinking actually that Beta would be free.

One question. Why do you think that the BETA should be free? To you get it for free? When you said that, you just want to try to acquire it for free, unlike others who have acquired it, helping Chris. I am BETA, not to have the smileys and blocks, but somehow able to help test new items!

#48 Before February 2015

Tails Doll

Sorry I haven't responded for a while, I was at camp.

Though this topic has already reached its climax, I still have to respond to this guy.

@correiajoao: I was referring to the actual Beta testing, not the premium accounts that are currently referred to as "Beta." No, I don't want Beta for free. I don't even want Beta at all. And if I did, I would just buy with my own money. Very simple; why would I ask Chris to change half of an online game just to get something for free? Do you think I'm crazy?

#49 Before February 2015

catking00

if there are testers for alpha client how would you choose them? there are thousands of EE players, hundreds of beta's, and probably like 800 people wanting alpha. I think it should be active forum members so they will respond often with the bugs. they also need to go on often enough on the game. so that would narrow it down to like 2 or 3 hundred players.

Last edited by catking00 (Aug 4 2011 3:57:44 am)

#50 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

yes it would be good, but I'm not signing the petition. remember last update?: people said they were going to sell or just leave EE if it wasn't fixed for a week. and us beta are given it early, there are still bugs in it, beta is a lot better than non-beta.

that is why I'm not signing it.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Tails Doll 142387912082312

Board footer