Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Re: Seriously? Where's your maturity?

treejoe4 wrote:

Its like photocopying a good picture and opening your own gallery to show it off, its unoriganal and crap. So the copies must be eliminated by a highly trained group of trolls.

Pssh, trained.
Although it does get old with the same thing these days.

#27 Before February 2015

treejoe4

We go through 4 years of physiological training to show no mercy.

#28 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

Has anybody thought of this? Without noobs there would be no pros. Without pros there would be no EE. Without EE none of us would be playing. If we don't play Chris would have a different Job. It's like a cycle. The pros create a border line for the levels that are good and pro-like. The noobs cant cross that boundary unless they learn. The noobs, in return of not being able to cross that boundary, created a border of their own. No pro would ever step foot into that boundary. And then there's the people in between who have learned what to do to become pro, but they aren't quite there yet. They're the ones that are creating a bridge between the noob and pro levels so that the noobs can have a way to learn. It's up to the pros to create a fun level that the noobs and in betweenies would love to play, that's why no noob currently has the guts to learn more, it's because the noob is blinded by all the other levels. If the pros and inbetweenies would just do their job right, we could create a better EE. But you cant strip away a noobs right to have fun and play EE. What fun is that for them?

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#29 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

So you mean that the best guilds in World of Warcraft exist only because of the existance of the noobs?

Why would there not be any good players/rooms in Everybody Edits if there was no noobs? The noobs benefit nothing to the more proish people, and the proish people does not need any noobs in this game to create a proish world.

#30 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Lobby = nothing

I really could not care less about the lobby, I don't see why you even use it.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#31 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Can yall just be mature and stop arguing like this?

#32 Before February 2015

Undead04

Aoitenshi wrote:

Can yall just be mature and stop arguing like this?

^this

Also, Noobs turn EE BETTER. Not worse. Noobs turn into Pros, Pros help noobs, in the end, alot more pros.
A mod should lock this as I see TI:1 infested it.

#33 Before February 2015

treejoe4

We help ee, you just dont see it, you just see idiotic trolling.

#34 Before February 2015

Pike270

Pike270 wrote:

This sort of Chain Reaction would take lots of effort. This is what you would have to do:

1. If you want to get a message out you will have to do it during the most active time of day.

2. You will have to continually crash EVERY noob level. Including those people who are working on an unfinished levels.

3. You will have to probably assign each noob level to one level crasher. Also you will need some extra to crash any staircase level that appears. Otherwise after you crash one level, another one will just take its place.

4. You will have two choices. Either hold out until the "PRO" levels fill up or get some people to guestbomb those "PRO" levels.

5. You will need to make sure to have a wide variety of "PRO" levels ranging from easy to insane difficulty. Otherwise some users might get bored from ease or ragequit from difficulty.

6. You will need a coordinator to tell which trolls to crash which levels and to select the "PRO" levels to be used.

7. This will have to go on until even the dumbest EE noobs realize the error in their ways.

NOTE: If you fail to do the above, you might be able to get a few "PRO" levels on the lobby but there will probably still be a majority of "noob" levels which EE player will migrate to.

NOTE2: You would have to do this regularly since users would most likely forget and new users would have to be properly disciplined.

NOTE3: Remember that the results may vary and that there is a chance of sucess of revolutionizing EE without these radical actions.

The alternative would be a combination of guestbombing "PRO" levels, using tinychat or in game chat to encourage/teach people how to make "PRO" levels, and inviting people to the forums (also make sure they read the "rules"). After all, you may be able to show the noobs what "PRO" is, but it often takes a mentor to teach them how to get there.

Instead of using the lobby, use the "Rooms" thread. If you find a talented user, tell them to come to the forum for help on how to get better. Be welcoming to them. After all, the more "PRO" level makers there are, the more "PRO" levels there will be.

Also, a message in the lobby encouraging creative levels would be helpful.

^ Either method above has a chance of working due to a built in physiological mechanism called overimitation.

We all know that EE mainly consists of young children.

Several studies have shown that during the years of a human's childhood (typically 1-10 or a bit more) children tend to copy what is presented before them; no matter its efficiency. This is called overimitation

At the moment, many of the maps in the lobby hold "noob staircase levels".

Being new to the game, most of those new players will imitate what is presented in front of them. Due to how the lobby currently is, they will make more "nooby staircase levels."

By either decreasing the number of noob levels or increasing the number of "PRO" levels, the newer players will be exposed to a more creative aspect of E.E. The idea is to try to get newer players to imitate those "PRO" levels.

If you want to revolutionize EE, you have two choices, pacifist or radical.

P.S. If you want to know more about overimitation, see here: http://tinyurl.com/3jwj4n9

^there they are comparing human's "overimitation" to the behavior of chimps.

P.S.S. I myself started as a "newb". I was inspired by EX Crew maps to become better than I was; I wonder if any others have been influenced by them.

Read What Bobomaster posted 2 posts below me. Noobs and newbs are different, however, I believe that many "newbs" are mistaken as "noobs". It is important to separate the people that have potential from those that don't.

Last edited by Pike270 (Aug 10 2011 4:25:16 pm)

#35 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

@Undead04: Please tell me how a noob turns into a pro, when there are no proish rooms to play? Also, please tell me how the eradication of noobish rooms prevents this game from becoming a better game.

#36 Before February 2015

Bobomaster

Noobs do not turn into pros. Newbs sometimes do.
Noobs =/= Newbs
Newbs are just new, noobs just suck, noobs dont turn into pros unless they get more mature by getting older

#37 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Pike has just basically explained ti:1's entire reason for trolling apart from the 'lulz'. Of course pro levels need to be made. People need to realise that 90% wont come near most of the forums constant standard of levels, the game itself is perfect for kids who seem to enjoy their noob levels with a childish ignorance about how repetitive they are, they seem as if they dont want to try to go further in their level skills and seem to be stuck in a perfecr loop of ignorant bliss.
Noob joins, noob sees other popular noob levels, makes them, noob joins....
If we dont start making good levels and trolling more often ee will eventually become stale and only appeal to kids losing its teenage pro audience.

Last edited by treejoe4 (Aug 10 2011 4:17:05 pm)

#38 Before February 2015

wchollett

If you want Everybody Edits to continue to be updated, maybe you should let the "nooby" levels be - people stop playing games all the time, and guests like to play levels like that. Then, the guests register and start making the good games. If Everybody Edits gets a bigger and bigger fan base, they'll update more. It's fun to dominate at the easy levels, too.

Maybe if we let everyone have those levels, people would get tired of playing them and they would stop being made/played. Why not just ignore those levels? If you go looking for those levels so you can troll them, that gives you an even more negative attitude towards them.

Last edited by wchollett (Aug 10 2011 4:44:21 pm)

#39 Before February 2015

treejoe4

People will get tired of them and people will not get tired of them

#40 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

@treejoe4: That was exactly what I was thinking when I read wcholletts post.

#41 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

treejoe4 wrote:

I am to sick of drama, actions speak louder than words

*Grabs megaphone*
AND THIS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN ACTIONS!!!!

I agree with Undead04.

#42 Before February 2015

treejoe4

EE is gonna fall under complete control of noobs, and you are doing nothing!

#43 Before February 2015

Bimps

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:
treejoe4 wrote:

I am to sick of drama, actions speak louder than words

*Grabs megaphone*
AND THIS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN ACTIONS!!!!

I agree with Undead04.

[offtopic]Where's that from again?[/offtopic]

Buzzerbee142387980881624

Board footer