Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-06-27 15:17:07, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-06-27 15:17:56)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Re: The impact of EE on us, a community.

Different55 wrote:

Isn't the term accurate tho? Distracting yourself at all from the real world can be seen as an "escape", can't it? We're not running away from life permanently, we're just taking a break and enjoying the time we spend here making friends. What's wrong with that?

Nothing, as long as it stays at that. You have to go back to the real world sometime, but if EE (or any addiction, really) becomes something that interferes with everyday life and makes it so people dont deal with responsibilities, or like Bee said, if it gets in the way of having real interactions, THEN there is something wrong.

Wooted by: (4)

#52 2015-06-27 16:05:19, last edited by Calicara (2015-06-27 16:07:53)

Calicara

alkazam1448 wrote:

You are mentally insane if you think you are escaping from your life using a stupid FLASH GAME.

You need to see a therapist.

I would disagree. The benefit to using an online forums is, for the most part, the gift of anonymity. No one knows what you look like, or who you used to be before you joined. It gives you that theoretical 'fresh start'. People can't judge you based on your lifestyle or your physical appearance, and for some that's the key to opening up. It may be an escape, but sometimes a necessary one.

EE may not have effected you directly, but that doesn't mean it hasn't helped others. I'm not asking you to empathize, but it wouldn't hurt to be more respectful.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by: (2)

#53 2015-06-27 16:31:16

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Calicara wrote:

No one knows what you look like, or who you used to be before you joined. It gives you that theoretical 'fresh start'. People can't judge you based on your lifestyle or your physical appearance, and for some that's the key to opening up. It may be an escape, but sometimes a necessary one.

If you done like I did, creating two personalities, it becomes very hard to keep them separate.  Especially when I took on a strong public role.

Discord: jawp#5123

#54 2015-06-27 17:05:38

BEE

JaWapa wrote:
Calicara wrote:

No one knows what you look like, or who you used to be before you joined. It gives you that theoretical 'fresh start'. People can't judge you based on your lifestyle or your physical appearance, and for some that's the key to opening up. It may be an escape, but sometimes a necessary one.

If you done like I did, creating two personalities, it becomes very hard to keep them separate.  Especially when I took on a strong public role.

Only if the personalities are a dichotomy. I understand what you are saying, but online mirrors IRL in that who one presents to the world on the outside is not always who is on the inside or with close friends. With online the lines are blurred because technically they are all "inside" but I would classify it more as who you are around various people, which is not unusual. For example, how I talk to you is completely different than how I would talk to Mega Lamb which is completely different than how I would talk to Nou. The important part is not "keeping them separate" imo, but rather making it a sliding scale of sorts. Am I more motherly in this situation? More flirty? More caring? More aloof? More reflective? More ditzy? Though most of this is unconscious, if I am trying to change myself for the better, I make sure to bring the thoughts to the forefront. So all of the personalities are *yours* but we want to focus on which one is the best version of ourselves, IMO.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by: (2)

#55 2015-06-28 07:52:29, last edited by 1448 (2015-06-28 07:52:40)

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

^^ Please, use words everyone can understand.

#56 2015-06-28 09:29:58, last edited by Different55 (2015-06-28 09:30:51)

Different55
Forum Admin

If you're just going to troll and add nothing to the topic, please leave.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#57 2015-06-28 10:03:57

Xfrogman43

alkazam1448 wrote:

You can always google what they mean

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#58 2015-06-28 11:06:09

Abelysk

alkazam1448 wrote:

...or just grow up and learn some English-language and learn respect for our fellow forummers; we're not just some characters you see online, we're REAL people behind our forum avatars.

Wooted by:

#59 2015-06-28 13:50:16

Insanity

I wish I could meet some of you in real life. Mainly because it's probably that a lot of you guys are more open and way more social on this website than in real life. Granted, I'm the total douche-bag, narcissistic jack-off you think I am because I act the same in real life lol.

But helping people with social anxiety is what a lot of online communities do, so while this may just be a flash game to others, it's another way for certain people to socialize. I met some people on here that have amazing personalities, but some that probably don't share that epicness with the world.

It's not so much a flash game as a community full of people who more or less open themselves up more to each other.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (3)
Insanity1435495816516876

Board footer