Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-18 01:57:58, last edited by 21Twelve (2015-06-19 00:18:09)

21Twelve
Formerly 222Hockey222

pro minigames

Here is a level that I started about a year ago. It features blocks and features that were only available in the earlier versions of Everybody Edits.

isWQk.png
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWoKL6ypImbUI

I tried to keep the minigame style slightly modern, with a touch of what minigames used to be.

Here is a list of minigames made by players other than myself:

1st green basic - Rayoflight, slightly altered by me.
Red brick - DCLevels
White metal - DCLevels
Yellow special - Original design by DCLevels, changed by me.
2nd cyan basic - Last section of the minigame by DCLevels

I hope you enjoy.

b5c4b4f1a7.png

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2015-06-18 02:05:26

TPA

Re: pro minigames

Wheres The Link to the world

p1z9We2.png

Wooted by:

#3 2015-06-18 02:09:36

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

TPA wrote:

Wheres The Link to the world

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#4 2015-06-18 02:16:35

21Twelve
Formerly 222Hockey222

Well... put the wrong link in. Fixed.

b5c4b4f1a7.png

#5 2015-06-18 11:16:30

Kira

Awesome world. Finished with 7 blue coins

#6 2015-06-18 11:34:26

Opengangs

It's frustrating, to say the least. In a typical minigame world, you shouldn't have extremely thwarting minigames first (unless it's the easiest, I only made it to the second minigame, yeah, I'm not that good). You should start off with easier levels, so that players don't quit upon the first minigame of the level, because that beats the purpose of the game, doesn't it? I'm not saying for you to start over, rather use this to create a new world and start off with easier, less intimidating puzzles.

The aesthetics point of view is quite bland, nothing really jumps out at me as special when I view the minimap. It's not very eye-catching. Like art worlds, try spicing your minimap up so it can attract players who view the minimap at first glance. Take Megaman Dash as an example. It had a really cool logo to go with the gameplay.

Concept was good, it was challenging, but frustrating.

Good luck in your future projects, though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Computer Science, Mathematics | Aspiring PhD candidate in theoretical computer science.

#7 2015-06-18 12:51:14

Kira

Opengangs wrote:

It's frustrating, to say the least. In a typical minigame world, you shouldn't have extremely thwarting minigames first (unless it's the easiest, I only made it to the second minigame, yeah, I'm not that good). You should start off with easier levels, so that players don't quit upon the first minigame of the level, because that beats the purpose of the game, doesn't it? I'm not saying for you to start over, rather use this to create a new world and start off with easier, less intimidating puzzles.

The aesthetics point of view is quite bland, nothing really jumps out at me as special when I view the minimap. It's not very eye-catching. Like art worlds, try spicing your minimap up so it can attract players who view the minimap at first glance. Take Megaman Dash as an example. It had a really cool logo to go with the gameplay.

Good luck in your future projects, though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Honestly, the minis were really easy and fun, it reminds me the oldschool levels
Hockey didn't focused on art, but mostly on gameplay, it's obvious..

#8 2015-06-18 12:59:48

Opengangs

Kira wrote:
Opengangs wrote:

Honestly, the minis were really easy and fun, it reminds me the oldschool levels
Hockey didn't focused on art, but mostly on gameplay, it's obvious..

Yes, it's visible that the world is based on gameplay, but there should be an art element to it as well. This is not saying ALL levels should have art, but it does have its pros, and it outweighs the cons. Like Megaman Dash, it's more gameplay-based, but there's the art element to it, and it helps to attract players.

As with difficulty, there are people who are "new" or have little to no experience when it comes to beating puzzles, and then there's the really good players. Of course, the good players are going to say it's easy, but that's because they have experience. Like every game, it should be enjoyable for all players, rather than just enjoyed by people who are good at puzzles, and having easier levels first makes the level all the more enjoyable to play in.

Computer Science, Mathematics | Aspiring PhD candidate in theoretical computer science.

#9 2015-06-18 14:37:25

rgl32

Opengangs wrote:

Yes, it's visible that the world is based on gameplay, but there should be an art element to it as well. This is not saying ALL levels should have art, but it does have its pros, and it outweighs the cons. Like Megaman Dash, it's more gameplay-based, but there's the art element to it, and it helps to attract players.

As with difficulty, there are people who are "new" or have little to no experience when it comes to beating puzzles, and then there's the really good players. Of course, the good players are going to say it's easy, but that's because they have experience. Like every game, it should be enjoyable for all players, rather than just enjoyed by people who are good at puzzles, and having easier levels first makes the level all the more enjoyable to play in.

Well you see, the easier levels are put at the start, just because the people who made it made it decided to make harder minis doesn't mean anything. All it means is they made a harder challenge, just because people can't do it doesn't mean they should change it to abide by the general consensus of how things are done, that's stupid. Along with your argument on art, that is all dependent on who is making the level, they wanted more space and less distracting aspects, so people could just focus on the minis. Not everything has to fall into every category of level making, sometimes its better to focus on just one aspect and do great at that one aspect.

I really liked this level though. Minis were pretty fun and decent difficulty curve from what it started at. I did, however, hate those minis like the white smaller one and blue one, just plain annoying in my opinion, but I liked it as a whole.

Wooted by:

Nou

#10 2015-06-18 15:01:00

iDC

Opengangs wrote:

Interesting feedback but try to understand that the goal of this level to was replicate the style of levels that were made back in 2011. He only used the blocks that were available back then.

DVNTehT.png

#11 2015-06-18 15:27:14

Nou

I don't mind the "lack of art" at all. It's for gameplay, and I enjoyed it. The difficulty curve isn't consistent, but then again it's nice to have a break in between tough levels.

...but the illusions, you sneaky bastard!

Moar pls.

No u.

#12 2015-06-18 16:10:52, last edited by Pingohits (2015-06-18 16:14:31)

Pingohits
Banned

these are my favorite kind of minis

brought a tear to my eye

*sniff*

also,

Opengangs wrote:

The aesthetics point of view is quite bland, nothing really jumps out at me as special when I view the minimap.  It's not very eye-catching. Like art worlds, try spicing your minimap up so it can attract players who view the minimap at first glance. Take Megaman Dash as an example. It had a really cool logo to go with the gameplay.

disagree
bolded statements are what I disagree on

first of all, this is a minis world
there's no art involved with this situation

what you said about hard minis beating the purpose of the game is incredibly invalid
hickey did start of with easier levels and then exponentially raised the difficulty curve

second, nobody wants a logo in their beautiful world unless it's some sort of adventure
take a look at stagecrew
sure, some of his worlds have logos, but his worlds are still pulchritudinous without the need of a logo
skylands_stagecrew.png

spicing up your minigames with art is recommended, but not necessary

if you do it wrong it's going to end up like some trash from 200 lava minigames

the point of hickey's world is for minis, not art

791mAP8.png

#13 2015-06-19 01:30:06

21Twelve
Formerly 222Hockey222

Opengangs wrote:

You completely missed the point of this world. It was intended to replicate an older time in EE. It was meant to be nostalgic, not live up to modern EE expectations.

b5c4b4f1a7.png

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2015-06-19 03:28:52, last edited by Abelysk (2015-06-19 03:29:09)

Abelysk

6acIcU4.png

Really fun challenges ...

#15 2015-06-20 07:37:32

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

All gold, blues, and crown. Nice minis
5BfMA93.png

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee