Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-06-14 16:49:44

Ben

Re: Remove contest smileys from admins

Aaro54 wrote:

Is it even possible to remove smileys from people? I don't think it has happened ever before.

This is a very stupid question sir. Everything that goes up must come down.

#27 2015-06-14 17:06:20

TPA

Look people if you Dont have the Smiley Dont Worrying about It I mean and some Mods and Guardians before they Got their Places did Win them Like Proccesor won the 2011 Halloween Contest

p1z9We2.png

#28 2015-06-14 17:27:13

Stubby
Website

This debate sounds like it's getting heated.

I'm changing my stance a bit. The admins and mods should be allowed to own the smileys, but they should limit their usage. Remember, the staff have the choice to use them or not. If it bothers so many people, they can simply use different smileys. But being that they are part of the EE team and are dedicated to making EE a good game, they deserve to own whatever they want.

fgRzols.png

#29 2015-06-14 17:38:38

Insanity

Considering that back then, when contests were a thing, the worlds you had to make to win 1st or 2nd actually had to be pretty good. Which means the people who won those smileys worked their **** off to get it.

It's a slap in the face when a new administration just "gives" themselves a contest reward that they not only did not earn, but more so did not even deserve. It's not the fact that you're not using it, it's the fact that simply putting the contest reward in your smiley "inventory" discredits the value of that smiley.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (4)

#30 2015-06-14 17:55:50, last edited by Mylo (2015-06-14 17:56:47)

Mylo
Master Developer

It is NVD's game. And if NVD is okay with it, it's okay. Nothing is able to change that.

Remember this is just a game. Just a smiley. If contest smileys mean so freaking much to you, maybe a everybodyedits-break would be appropient.

Wooted by: (2)

#31 2015-06-14 18:02:11

Ben

Mylo wrote:

It is NVD's game. And if NVD is okay with it, it's okay. Nothing is able to change that.

Remember this is just a game. Just a smiley. If these contest smileys mean so freaking much to you, maybe a everybodyedits break would be appropient.

While it's NVD's game, I do believe there is place for criticizing his decision. As I said before, it's a matter of principle. If they haven't won a contest why should they get a prize? Very simple, I suppose..

This is disrespectful towards those who legitimately won the smileys.

#32 2015-06-14 18:09:11

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I think NVD, Nou, and myself are the only ones with contest smileys... and nou only has the ones he earned.
I have said I wouldn't use them, and I haven't seen NVD use them at all.

We can bring this topic to a close now.  Instead of being at each others necks for the next 3 days, arguing over something that has already been settled.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (3)

#33 2015-06-14 18:31:42

Ben

No no no no no... Don't try to get away with this. The topic shall remain open as we want people to speak up.

I know you really wanna keep those smileys but you can't just silence us. It does not matter if you use the smileys or not, you should not even have them in your inventory.

Continue discussing.

#34 2015-06-14 18:32:29

Anak

If you don't meet the conditions to have a smiley, you shouldn't have it...

And tomkazaz you need to stop being so salty towards staff https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL we get you think there's too many, you don't need to say it everywhere

#35 2015-06-14 18:42:53

Master1

Tomkazaz wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

@Tomkazaz - Why are you so angry?  Especially about this, you don't even have contest smileys.  It doesn't even affect you.

Kirby1394 wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

@Tomkazaz - Why are you so angry?  Especially about this, you don't even have contest smileys.  It doesn't even affect you.

I'm guessing thats the point. Most likely a, "if I can't have them, no one can" argument.

You, JaWapa, did nothing at that time to deserve them today.

Correct, he did nothing at "that time" to deserve them, but look at what he's done today though. We all could have let the game sit and rot after mrshoe left, but no. We've been putting our time and effort into keeping the game alive, and constantly working to improve it. That to me, sounds way more deserving of it than someone who simply built a level that was cool. The staff works on the game so it can stay alive. If it wasn't for us, the game would be back to years without updates. And because of that, we have a right to wear whatever smileys we like.

Also, why has nobody fussed about the superman smiley? That's one that nobody else can get. Why is a contest smiley any different? Sure people worked hard to win it, but I'm sure they put no where close to the amount of time into their level, as we have put into working on the game.

That being said - I honestly see no issue in the staff wearing the smileys if they want to.

Honestly though, there's no need to make a big deal out of something so small. That is why I am perfectly fine with only wearing the ones I won. Normal players should do the same by not caring so much ^^

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#36 2015-06-14 18:52:28

Evilbunny

Tomkazaz wrote:

No no no no no... Don't try to get away with this. The topic shall remain open as we want people to speak up.

I know you really wanna keep those smileys but you can't just silence us. It does not matter if you use the smileys or not, you should not even have them in your inventory.

Continue discussing.

What are you going to do if they keep those smileys? Leave? Riot? You can't impeach them, the only power you have is the power that they want to give you.
This isn't a democracy, they don't work for you, they work for NVD. They try to keep people happy because they want people to stay, but at this point I'm not sure they want you to stay.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#37 2015-06-14 18:53:56, last edited by Ben (2015-06-14 18:57:23)

Ben

Master1 wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

Kirby1394 wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

I'm guessing thats the point. Most likely a, "if I can't have them, no one can" argument.

You, JaWapa, did nothing at that time to deserve them today.

Correct, he did nothing at "that time" to deserve them, but look at what he's done today though. We all could have let the game sit and rot after mrshoe left, but no. We've been putting our time and effort into keeping the game alive, and constantly working to improve it. That to me, sounds way more deserving of it than someone who simply built a level that was cool. The staff works on the game so it can stay alive. If it wasn't for us, the game would be back to years without updates. And because of that, we have a right to wear whatever smileys we like.

Also, why has nobody fussed about the superman smiley? That's one that nobody else can get. Why is a contest smiley any different? Sure people worked hard to win it, but I'm sure they put no where close to the amount of time into their level, as we have put into working on the game.

That being said - I honestly see no issue in the staff wearing the smileys if they want to.

Honestly though, there's no need to make a big deal out of something so small. That is why I am perfectly fine with only wearing the ones I won. Normal players should do the same by not caring so much ^^

This is the most outrageous thing I've read today. First off, the superman smiley is the official smiley for staff members and you can not compare it to contest smileys, that's plain dumb. You built no winning world and you deserve no prize.

Furthermore, name five things that you have personally done to contribute to the existence of this game, because all I've ever see you doing was ignoring my complaints about people who draw Nazi swastikas. You are useless sir, and no one would feel any change if you were to leave.

#38 2015-06-14 18:56:03

Kirby

Tomkazaz wrote:

Continue discussing.

I really don't get what you are trying to accomplish here

Do you feel like some work of commanding force, that you are doing the right thing here?

he's not going to use it. Problem solved. If you're not happy with that solution, then that's your problem.

#39 2015-06-14 19:07:23

Nou

Aaro54 wrote:

Is it even possible to remove smileys from people? I don't think it has happened ever before.

Yep.

Here's what we're gonna do:
1: Remove contest smilies from admins/mods who didn't earn them through the competition
2: Add superman smiley to all staff
3: Close this thread, the negativity dial is hitting the extreme

No u.

Wooted by: (5)

#40 2015-06-14 19:09:25

Ben

Achievement "Justice" has been unlocked. Thank you all!

#41 2015-06-14 19:11:47

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Tomkazaz wrote:

No, this wasn't because of you.  You're blind rage and disrespectful attitude gets you pretty well muted.

Discord: jawp#5123

#42 2015-06-14 19:16:29

Ben

JaWapa wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

No, this wasn't because of you.  You're blind rage and disrespectful attitude gets you pretty well muted.

I didn't say I unlocked this achievement, stop picking on me..

Ben1434305789512360

Board footer