Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

Re: Mods, Could you PLEASE talk to chris about this?

This guy named 333 copied galactic minigames and tok off the credits.     But the good thing is that I convinced 333 to clear it and he did.     People who copy levels are noobs who want thousands of unfair plays.

fgRzols.png

#27 Before February 2015

moundsy

Supadorf24 wrote:

@moundsy When ThuggishPrune says copy, he doesn't just mean some noob is stealing the idea. Smilis uses a program to copy the exact level into one of his own save slots.

Copying levels like this is a form of plagiarism.

Oh i never knew that well i feel bad now... and normally if its the ideas being used i wouldn't mind but if the EXACT SAME LEVEL is being used that i made i would be mad then because then thats 1 hacking, 2 stealing, 3 and some other crap that i forgot to mention... ok im sorry guys

#28 Before February 2015

Chimi

I strongly support and suggest my crews do the same.

#29 Before February 2015

Jeremy

It means that your level is really good that they copied it. Be proud of it!

#30 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Jeremy wrote:

Not sure if you understand the problem. . . .

#31 Before February 2015

Calicara

Jeremy wrote:

But is it good that someone is getting credit for a level they did not build?

#32 Before February 2015

Jeremy

Failgirl101 wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

But is it good that someone is getting credit for a level they did not build?

No. But look at the bright side...there is no bright side. No.

#33 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I dislike other people taking credit... but if stealing artwork becomes a rule in EE everyone will complain about little issues like people copying other's oh-so-elegant smilies and whatnot.

I'm against putting rules like this in EE just as much as I'm against having messed up updates in EE.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#34 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

moundsy wrote:

plagiarism is stealing copywritten words not levels or art

You can't copyright words. Or people.

Lol just joking around

#35 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

To prevent This, Place copyright symbols, licenses, Whatever.

Last edited by Aoitenshi (Aug 14 2011 3:22:26 am)

#36 Before February 2015

Dazz

Aoitenshi wrote:

yea and who will copy the level could just erase the symbol and put his name, simple as that, or we make a giant copyright symbol all over the map and ...idk no more art just symbols //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile . NO.   RULES, we need rules //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Edit: I have an idea, I think Chris could make a special symbol or even a code for every user, and we can use them in our own levels and put them so everyone can see them, and even if someone is copying a level he can`t erese that code/symbol   and if we report   that person (IF he makes a reporting sistem in EE.) we also have proof he copied our level.

Last edited by dazz (Aug 14 2011 4:22:06 am)

#37 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

I always hide a TP in my level. If they mess with that the art is messed.

#38 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

ThuggishPrune wrote:

About copying others levels.
Smilis did it again!
He stole muffin's level claiming that muffin said it was O.k.

I mean really, can we PLEASE make a rule about this?

I notice Pauliomen (i think that's him) stole a couple of Addi's levels
And Smilis keeps doing this :/

Could a mod talk to Chris about this problem?

Link to the rip-off
http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PW_2NBEsPna0I

If You Put an Idea Out There It Will Be Used. I borrow little bits from worlds like floor pattern [although I build everything else, I only use max 1 borrowed bit] and that is how a lot of the games were created.
I do disagree with 100% copying

dazz wrote:
Aoitenshi wrote:

yea and who will copy the level could just erase the symbol and put his name, simple as that, or we make a giant copyright symbol all over the map and ...idk no more art just symbols //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile . NO.   RULES, we need rules //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Edit: I have an idea, I think Chris could make a special symbol or even a code for every user, and we can use them in our own levels and put them so everyone can see them, and even if someone is copying a level he can`t erese that code/symbol   and if we report   that person (IF he makes a reporting sistem in EE.) we also have proof he copied our level.

Your edit won't work. how will EVERYBODY EDITS recognise a world which looks the same and can be Identified <I made it sound easy] but it's not. and with how many worlds there are out there a world will be copied.

Last edited by SquadFS (Aug 14 2011 11:10:13 am)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#39 Before February 2015

Dazz

SquadFS wrote:

Your edit won't work. how will EVERYBODY EDITS recognise a world which looks the same and can be Identified <I made it sound easy] but it's not. and with how many worlds there are out there a world will be copied.

well you might be right but really, I don`t care anyway what or how, it`s not my business I just ask Chris/Peter/ect to make something against this because it`s not fair.

I don`t want to ruin "someone`s fun" but imo the best way is to   ban those who use wpe, simple as that, since it wasn`t made for this game anyway, why allow someone to use it and ruin our fun, mess with keys, troll/spam ect.              
I don`t care, anything would be better than NOTHING as it is now, with no rules or a report sistem.

#40 Before February 2015

killj0y

Honestly, noobs that copy levels are a b**ch. I have had to deal with level copyers in the past, and if it is a boss, the best thing to do is clear the level and make another boss within it. There should be something done about people that copy levels as it is not only hacking, but also stealing.

#41 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

Thanks for the support guys. Oh and guess what! Moundsy has copied the idea of snake boss calling it ML snake boss.

But thanks guys Smilis does this late at night too...

#42 Before February 2015

Zoidy☺

I honestly.. do not care at all. if Smilis wants to copy a level he likes well ok. i would find that as a complement.. i don't see why tp is making such a huge deal out of this...

#43 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

Zoidy? wrote:

I honestly.. do not care at all. if Smilis wants to copy a level he likes well ok. i would find that as a complement.. i don't see why tp is making such a huge deal out of this...

Smilis is just jealous of the levels. Everybody shouldn't mind about him. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#44 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

Zoidy? wrote:

If you notice a lot of people care about this issue.

#45 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

4nvO

Example ^

CC = Shows that we are using Creative Common Symbols.
BY = You must give credit to the artist.
(Circlular Arrow) = If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
License = License.

Last edited by Aoitenshi (Aug 15 2011 6:04:54 am)

#46 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Dazz sent me a message saying i better support this OR ELSE..

So i agree, this needs to stop

#47 Before February 2015

Shift

I agree that this is a problem, but it's being blown way out of proportion, and there's little that anyone can do about it. If you can provide unquestionable proof of smilis stealing a level, then a mod just might give him a perma-ban. Maybe. Otherwise, it's like me complaining to EX Crew about their level's name.

This talk of copyrighting levels is insane. The game is called "Everybody Edits," and everybody is allowed to edit as they choose. The idea of a special symbol just... baffles me. There are a million reasons why that wouldn't work, namely that the symbol couldn't be made in the copy anyway.

The only way to take care of this issue without actually killing EE, is to provide proof and have a mod perma-ban him. So stop complaining and work on that.

By the way, when I say "mod," I mean "in-game mod." I don't really want to go back and change that right now.

#48 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

shift wrote:

This talk of copyrighting levels is insane. The game is called "Everybody Edits," and everybody is allowed to edit as they choose. The idea of a special symbol just... baffles me. There are a million reasons why that wouldn't work, namely that the symbol couldn't be made in the copy anyway.

Dont remember saying Copyrighting level... I said art. Please do me a favor by listing 2 reason why symbols won't work.

Off-Topic: "Everybody Edits" means Everyone is allowed to copy as they want... And that means everyone is allowed to erase copies as they want. I find Everybody Edits' name doesn't fit to the game anymore.

Alas, stop saying "This is Everybody Edits".

Last edited by Aoitenshi (Aug 15 2011 11:07:19 pm)

ThuggishPrune 142388093980493

Board footer