Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-29 21:25:09

lickagoat

Serene Scene

ADlfXXL.png

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWCqDR0e8KbEI

I guess I am okay with finally submitting this art world here after such a long development time.

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=9802 The work in progress pictures.

Any thoughtful feedback would be nice.

#2 2015-05-29 22:01:05

skullz17

Re: Serene Scene

I remember this. Looks way better than when you released it before. It was amazing before, but it had a few flaws which are fixed now.

That lighter area on the coast looks odd. There's a light sandy colour, then it goes into this muddy two-colour bit. That transition doesn't look right.

I do like the water, but it looks like it has a really strong current, where I imagined it to be a really large body of water, like an ocean or something. So maybe it would be better if it were still.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#3 2015-05-29 22:12:21

Mainx

made with ee artist

TIeZQ7T.png     SXgDEBO.png

HE uses EEArtist. Told u lol.

#4 2015-05-29 22:13:57

lickagoat

Mainx wrote:

made with ee artist

I assure if you took the time to look at the second link, you would see how I made the level.

#5 2015-05-29 22:17:02

Mainx

lickagoat wrote:
Mainx wrote:

made with ee artist

I assure if you took the time to look at the second link, you would see how I made the level.

don'targue with me plase. its made with ee artist, im good enough to notice that.

ty

#6 2015-05-29 22:21:28

Abelysk

Mainx wrote:

made with ee artist

BlaOoUE.gif

#7 2015-05-29 22:22:05

lickagoat

Mainx wrote:
lickagoat wrote:
Mainx wrote:

made with ee artist

don'targue with me plase. its made with ee artist, im good enough to notice that.

ty

I will not argue with you if you do not want to but you are entitled to your own opinions.

At least keep it to yourself if it will not bring any type of meaningful conversation.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2015-05-29 23:17:49

Abelysk

When people call your art EEArtist, take it as one of the best compliments.

Wooted by:

#9 2015-05-30 01:51:01

Mainx wrote:

made with ee artist

C'mon Mainx, don't try to be the "haha im gonna disagree with everything trolll xD" type of guy Fdoou was. We don't need another one of these in this place. Start posting more constructive stuff!

#10 2015-05-30 12:49:12

Srna

Mainx wrote:

ty

What. But how do you know that ee artist did it?
1.You've got pictures that lickagoat posted how he made the level.
2.EEArtist uses more blocks. You can see that some blocks are just basic blocks.

I believe that lickagoat did this level on his own with no bots.
Great job lickagoat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#11 2015-05-30 13:00:44, last edited by Mainx (2015-05-30 13:04:32)

Mainx

Srna wrote:
Mainx wrote:

ty

2.EEArtist uses more blocks. You can see that some blocks are just basic blocks.

1. I know the original painting. It's a painting by the famous artist Janet Fish which she drew as a symbol of her childhood at Bermuda. She originally called the painting "Serene infancia". Infancia means "childhood" in portuguese.

2. I have done a level using EE Artist, but extra editing it to look better. I'd go even as far as changing all the blocks of some elements in order to fit my style and taste.

#12 2015-05-30 15:49:06, last edited by Dazz (2015-05-30 15:51:58)

Dazz

Mainx wrote:
Srna wrote:
Mainx wrote:

ty

1. I know the original painting. It's a painting by the famous artist Janet Fish which she drew as a symbol of her childhood at Bermuda. She originally called the painting "Serene infancia". Infancia means "childhood" in portuguese.

2. I have done a level using EE Artist, but extra editing it to look better. I'd go even as far as changing all the blocks of some elements in order to fit my style and taste.

Even if it is a copy of that said painting that doesn't mean he used a bot to replicate it on EE, it's just a ''handmade'' copy, fidel copy or not to the original painting it's still hard work to adapt it for EE, clearly without a bot, as proven in the second link and it's a respectable effort as long as he does not claim that he made the original art painting. The majority of users that draw on EE are using paintings, photos or other sources, (just like those using bots do) sometimes just for inspiration, other times they are just  trying to replicate those images or practice certain techniques, etc while others draw directly from their imagination.

Conclusion, if you like to use bots and edit after etc. fine, you are free to do so but in this case, especially since he provided pictures to show to everyone that he drew this to EE, by adding brick after brick, it's useless to keep arguing and make the value of this great level fade away. It's hard enough to have to convince certain users that these kind of levels are actually handmade with a massive effort and time invested, please don't be one of those.  It's because of these blasted bots the work of all these users is underappreciated.

Wooted by: (3)

#13 2015-05-31 02:27:12

BEE

I tried looking for that painting online, but can't seem to find it. Can you provide a link? It looks like it would be a beautiful painting.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#14 2015-05-31 12:06:56, last edited by Stagecrew (2015-05-31 12:15:45)

Stagecrew

Mainx wrote:
Srna wrote:
Mainx wrote:

ty

I have some trouble believing your claim about the original painting. Like bee, I looked it up and found that there were plenty of mentions of Janet Fish but nothing about this painting. While I could believe that it's just an obscure work (which you somehow seem to know of...) Janet Fish does still life, and probably would not make art like lickagoat has made.

Even if you did find a similar painting, I wouldn't believe that this used EE Artist. If you look at the WIP images here, you'll notice that Lickagoat has line art. Does EE artist make line art? No. You can come back and say "oh, he erased the image and made line art so it would look like he actually made the art!", but that would be a lot of effort doing something that wasn't even needed to make it convincing.

So I'll conclude that either Lickagoat was incredibly paranoid about being caught and decided to find an obscure painting I can't even verify exists and obsessively make WIP images he didn't need to make, or he made some great art like all the other levels on his profile.

#15 2015-05-31 13:29:14

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

Stagecrew wrote:
Mainx wrote:
Srna wrote:
Mainx wrote:

ty

I have some trouble believing your claim about the original painting. Like bee, I looked it up and found that there were plenty of mentions of Janet Fish but nothing about this painting. While I could believe that it's just an obscure work (which you somehow seem to know of...) Janet Fish does still life, and probably would not make art like lickagoat has made.

Even if you did find a similar painting, I wouldn't believe that this used EE Artist. If you look at the WIP images here, you'll notice that Lickagoat has line art. Does EE artist make line art? No. You can come back and say "oh, he erased the image and made line art so it would look like he actually made the art!", but that would be a lot of effort doing something that wasn't even needed to make it convincing.

So I'll conclude that either Lickagoat was incredibly paranoid about being caught and decided to find an obscure painting I can't even verify exists and obsessively make WIP images he didn't need to make, or he made some great art like all the other levels on his profile.

Burnt

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#16 2015-05-31 13:33:37

Arber

Don't feed the troll

Arber1433075617508729

Board footer