Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-04-16 00:06:14

Hexagon

Re: [Question] How to quantitatively measure EE experience

BEE wrote:

Careful with including account age. While I'm a rare nub, I would throw any data that factored that in.

There should be some precautions taken. However, if the account age is, for example, under a week old, it can be safe to assume that the player is probably not very experienced at EE (assuming that it is not an alt.)

#52 2015-04-16 00:11:26

BEE

Hexagon wrote:
BEE wrote:

Careful with including account age. While I'm a rare nub, I would throw any data that factored that in.

There should be some precautions taken. However, if the account age is, for example, under a week old, it can be safe to assume that the player is probably not very experienced at EE (assuming that it is not an alt.)

Yes, but you don't have to be experienced with EE specifically; you could be really good at platformers. I have a friend that played ee for a bit that was really good from the start because his strength is platformers (actually, his strength was just any game, but yeah)

That's why I'm terrible at ee, I'm just terrible at all platform games. If EE were a strategy game I would be more likely to excel.

So while I'm not saying don't factor it in, do be careful the amount of weight you give that aspect.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#53 2015-04-16 00:19:48

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

BEE wrote:
Hexagon wrote:
BEE wrote:

Yes, but you don't have to be experienced with EE specifically; you could be really good at platformers. I have a friend that played ee for a bit that was really good from the start because his strength is platformers (actually, his strength was just any game, but yeah)

That's why I'm terrible at ee, I'm just terrible at all platform games. If EE were a strategy game I would be more likely to excel.

So while I'm not saying don't factor it in, do be careful the amount of weight you give that aspect.

It wouldn't be used as a weight, it would be used for ordering.  The issue is that you are NEVER going to get pros to go through and play easy levels more than once in a blue moon, as they will be bored, and likewise, noobs may avoid pro levels like the plague.  If you have a bunch of classes based on the levels players play, with the classes ordered from one group of players to another group of players, it isn't that easy to say one class is better than the other, as they may simply have different *preferences* than the other, or there may be difficulty in even determining which group is playing the harder levels in the first place, if they all avoid each others levels.  Class averages for account age and energy spent can be used to order classes by skill or difficulty, because even though you don't necessarily HAVE to get skillful if you've played a lot, players generally get more skilled the more they play.

#54 2015-04-16 00:35:31

BEE

Yes, yes that makes sense now. More of a starting point than a determining factor.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

BEE1429140931495199

Board footer