Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#51 2015-06-19 14:38:59

Pingohits
Banned
From: aids lizard
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,591

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

some man wrote:

why does nobody go here anymore
creature, kamekthemagician, pingohits, they all just went away

i'm not there because nobody holds a conversation there

it's only diff, kaslai, and ratburntro44 (with his bot)


791mAP8.png

Offline

#52 2015-06-19 16:02:34, last edited by skullz17 (2015-06-19 16:02:42)

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,572

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

alkazam1448 wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

It's just because it needs an actual website. Like CS. Nobody likes using ugly online IRC clients like Kiwi, nor downloading ones.

Well? What about #fail? There is at least 1 person online all the time.

fail is different. The people are cooler and less boring.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

Wooted by: (5)

#53 2015-06-29 08:58:19

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin
From: Texas, U.S.A.
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,930
Website

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Isn't Coldstorm open source?


TdQRyz3.png

?type=online&name=BuzzerBee     ?type=location&name=BuzzerBee     ?type=lastlogin&name=BuzzerBee
thx lrussell https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Offline

#54 2015-06-29 09:00:44

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Yep, that's what I tried first. Unfortunately coldstorm is made out of black magic and I couldn't get it running within a reasonable amount of time. I will consult with the elder gods and try again at a later date.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

Wooted by:

#55 2015-06-29 13:36:55

0176
Member
From: Brazil
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,146

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Ah, so it's actually okay to talk about Coldstorm here. I thought we would've been snobbier.

Offline

#56 2015-06-29 14:28:13

Onjit
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,940
Website

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

What is coldstorm?


A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Max length: 2,000 characters / Max lines: 20

Offline

Wooted by:

#57 2015-06-29 19:43:23

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin
From: Texas, U.S.A.
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 3,930
Website

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Onjit wrote:

What is coldstorm?

Nothing,  we meant CounterStrike. Go home little bird.


TdQRyz3.png

?type=online&name=BuzzerBee     ?type=location&name=BuzzerBee     ?type=lastlogin&name=BuzzerBee
thx lrussell https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Offline

#58 2015-06-30 05:48:15

fishbole
Member
Joined: 2015-05-14
Posts: 110

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Onjit wrote:

What is coldstorm?

its a secrete place where nerds meditate on how to create bots to take over the worlde


hi im fishboleand its raining

Offline

#59 2015-06-30 05:52:14

Onjit
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,940
Website

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

BuzzerBee wrote:
Onjit wrote:

What is coldstorm?

Nothing,  we meant CounterStrike. Go home little bird.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm


A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

Max length: 2,000 characters / Max lines: 20

Offline

#60 2015-06-30 11:47:41

nlmdejonge
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,264

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Different55 wrote:

Also, you might want to protect your nickname from impostors on IRC. Here's how2do: [...]

Unfortunately, on Rizon, registered nicks expire after 3 months. Which isn't exactly a lot of time.
I registered mine after your first post (which was 2015-03-25) and now my nick has already expired, I just found out.
Being forced to login every 3 months kinda spoils the fun of having a registered nick. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral


I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Offline

#61 2015-06-30 13:35:27

Abelysk
Guest

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Onjit wrote:

What is coldstorm?

A frigid storm that occurs in Antarctica.

This is nothing.

#62 2015-06-30 15:56:41

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

nlmdejonge wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Also, you might want to protect your nickname from impostors on IRC. Here's how2do: [...]

Unfortunately, on Rizon, registered nicks expire after 3 months. Which isn't exactly a lot of time.
I registered mine after your first post (which was 2015-03-25) and now my nick has already expired, I just found out.
Being forced to login every 3 months kinda spoils the fun of having a registered nick. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

...Then don't not join IRC for 3 months at a time? Not sure what to tell you here. >_> 3 months is kind of a huge long time in internet time, this is in place to prevent people from squatting on nicks that other people might want.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#63 2015-06-30 16:31:12

skullz17
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 6,572

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Yeah there's no point having a registered nick if you're only using irc very occasionally. You don't have to be registered.


m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Offline

#64 2015-06-30 16:33:09

Creature
Member
From: The Dark Web
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,658

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Then someone steals your nick and you will be forced to have another nick when you wanted to use your forum name.


This is a false statement.

Offline

#65 2015-06-30 16:57:04

Different55
Forum Admin
Joined: 2015-02-07
Posts: 15,947

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Basically, yeah. Even if the expiring registration wasn't a thing, there's no guarantee you'll be able to have your forum username be the same as your IRC nickname. Other people use IRC, too. Actually, that "problem" would be even worse if registrations didn't expire.


"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Offline

#66 2016-06-17 20:54:56, last edited by HG (2016-06-17 21:09:00)

HG
Member
Joined: 2017-08-16
Posts: 2,219

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

I would like to inform that the chat-room is being moved to a completely new IRC server.
Basically the server staff is nothing more than a piece of trash, and they started to ban the forum staff from the network.

This new host is called Frogbox, and seems to be managed by the forum staff.

Host: frogbox.es
Port: 6667, +6697 (SSL)

If you don't have an IRC client or you feel that you don't need it, you can join the chat-room using this link. KiwiIRC
Otherwise, download an IRC client like HexChat or mIRC.

Besides the server moving, there should not be any major change. It's going to be the same chat-room.
Instead, there should be a better channel management now.

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#67 2016-06-17 20:58:30

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,999

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

HG wrote:

If you don't have an IRC client or you feel that you don't need it, you can join the chat-room using this link. KiwiIRC

KiwiIRC is a shameless advertisement that flaunts its hostname everywhere you go. Is there anything else I can use beside that or a downloadable client?


Everybody //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Edits //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Is //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Back

Offline

#68 2016-06-17 21:00:12

HG
Member
Joined: 2017-08-16
Posts: 2,219

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

If you don't have an IRC client or you feel that you don't need it, you can join the chat-room using this link. KiwiIRC

KiwiIRC is a shameless advertisement that flaunts its hostname everywhere you go. Is there anything else I can use beside that or a downloadable client?

There is qwebirc. But frogbox.es doesn't have it included, I think. You can download so many IRC clients like HexChat, mIRC, netTalk, etc. They are a lot better than a webclient. I'd recommend HexChat.

Offline

Wooted by:

#69 2016-06-17 21:17:49

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,999

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

HG wrote:

There is qwebirc. But frogbox.es doesn't have it included, I think. You can download so many IRC clients like HexChat, mIRC, netTalk, etc. They are a lot better than a webclient. I'd recommend HexChat.

I cant figure out how to qwebirc, and because there are download links and such, im going to assume its a download-only client. Webchat works fine for me, as its more convenient to use and I dont have to mess around with more than one window just to check the chat. Frogbox.es removed theirs, because webchats apparently not a "true client" even though it can chat and stuff just fine. Simply just being able to chat with my personal choice of using a web client would be fine without constant criticism from everybody every time I say I like using them.


Everybody //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Edits //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Is //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Back

Offline

Wooted by:

#70 2016-06-17 21:19:20

HG
Member
Joined: 2017-08-16
Posts: 2,219

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

N1KF wrote:
HG wrote:

There is qwebirc. But frogbox.es doesn't have it included, I think. You can download so many IRC clients like HexChat, mIRC, netTalk, etc. They are a lot better than a webclient. I'd recommend HexChat.

I cant figure out how to qwebirc, and because there are download links and such, im going to assume its a download-only client. Webchat works fine for me, as its more convenient to use and I dont have to mess around with more than one window just to check the chat. Frogbox.es removed theirs, because webchats apparently not a "true client" even though it can chat and stuff just fine. Simply just being able to chat with my personal choice of using a web client would be fine without constant criticism from everybody every time I say I like using them.

qwebirc is a webclient. However, different servers add it for their use on their servers only. qwebirc currently works only on freenode, EsperNet, QuakeNet, Rizon, and other servers, but not Frogbox

Offline

#71 2016-06-18 08:32:58

Gosha
Member
From: Russia
Joined: 2015-03-15
Posts: 5,837

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Seems like irc doest work in Russia
Well.....

Offline

#72 2016-06-18 15:47:33

sthegreat
Member
Joined: 2015-04-25
Posts: 409

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Gosha wrote:

Seems like irc doest work in Russia
Well.....

vpn?


user.php?id=sthegreat

Offline

#73 2016-06-18 21:23:02

Kaslai
Official Caroler
From: SEAͩT̓͑TLͯͥͧͪ̽ͧE͑̚
Joined: 2015-02-17
Posts: 787

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

N1KF wrote:

Frogbox.es removed theirs, because webchats apparently not a "true client"

No, we migrated the server and literally zero people had used it in the prior 2 years, so we decided not to re-install and configure it.

Offline

Wooted by:

#74 2016-06-19 01:17:30

Schlog
Member
Joined: 2015-07-21
Posts: 1,851

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

i'm so good at breaking rules that i got banned before joining once nice

Offline

Wooted by:

#75 2016-06-19 01:29:43

Zoey2070
Moderation Team
From: Shakuras
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,319

Re: Official Forum Chat Room

Ninja wrote:

i'm so good at breaking rules that i got banned before joining once nice

through some quick testing, if you're registered (or choose a registered nick) you need to be identified before joining

it's been fixed though


proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂
danke bluecloud thank u raphecOtX1wh.gif rest in peace my dear lil crab teague. and fitzpatrick. i loved you a lot
🌈 Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Offline

Prodigy1466421253607895

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1566195572.5353 - Generated in 0.063 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.68 MiB (Peak: 1.94 MiB) ]