Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-03-25 23:30:46

Pingohits
Banned

Re: Why this game has a small community

campaigns seem cool

791mAP8.png

#27 2015-03-25 23:31:30

skullz17

5upertrinity wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

I think EE has a pretty steep learning curve. There's SO many blocks you don't have when you first join, there's either levels you can't really play or really hard levels, along with the whole superiority thing. I'd say that pretty much all the new players have somehow randomly found it because I doubt very many people are telling their friends to play it and we have legitimately no advertising.

I mean, we have a pretty small community that are surprisingly vitriolic, and it's easy to tell why people wouldn't stay. Maybe we could have something where if someone creates a new account or whatever, there'll be something that pops up on the lobby showing you things? Like, "here's energy, here's your world tab, blah blah blah" and have something similar on the home world. Hmm.

Well this is what this page is for:
http://everybodyedits.com/help

It's sad that the 'help' button to this page is so small, it's really helpful for begginers.

I think it's far more engaging and easy for the player if there are just these helpful tips that pop up, rather than being forced to read a long page of information.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#28 2015-03-26 00:12:39

DarkDragon4900

skullz17 wrote:

I think it's far more engaging and easy for the player if there are just these helpful tips that pop up, rather than being forced to read a long page of information.

You're not "being forced".
You would only want to visit the help page once you realize you're missing info about a specific object.
And hence so, visiting the help page would rather satisfy you as you would have more knowledge on what things are.
Making it into a page allows you to peek into the other parts of the help page, which has a chance of getting your interest in reading about all the other stuff.
It's more of a tutorial page than just a few hover notes.
Although hover notes might get annoying once you're aware of the basics, it would be helpful for beginners.

#29 2015-03-26 00:15:25

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

What darkfragon said, and we have some new tutorial worlds being released soon.

Discord: jawp#5123

#30 2015-03-26 00:40:09

DarkDragon4900

JaWapa wrote:

darkfragon

Got a typo there. :p

#31 2015-03-26 00:44:05, last edited by BEE (2015-03-26 00:48:34)

BEE

5upertrinity wrote:

If you're going to point out something wrong with the game/community, try to suggest something to change it (an idea) for the better.

I hope you weren't referring to me, because that is what I did.

On a side note, for Jawapa who asked what else you could do. Honestly? Just make an admin dedicated to PR/Advert. Their job is to go around promoting the game. Every site has a social media person these days. Don't try to do it yourself, there aren't enough hours in the day.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#32 2015-03-26 01:40:44

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Bee wrote:

On a side note, for Jawapa who asked what else you could do. Honestly? Just make an admin dedicated to PR/Advert. Their job is to go around promoting the game. Every site has a social media person these days. Don't try to do it yourself, there aren't enough hours in the day.

Thats a good idea. Accounts on multiple social medias could be useful, to get the word around. I know we have a Facebook page and Youtube, but like Bee said a separate admin would have more time to actually post things on them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#33 2015-03-26 05:46:38

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

FYI, I posted a very in-depth counterargument to the initial post at http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … pid=487640.

#34 2015-03-26 06:20:21, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-26 06:24:58)

5upertrinity

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:

FYI, I posted a very in-depth counterargument to the initial post at http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … pid=487640.

I read all of it and some of it made absolutely no sense at all.
EE is a game that lives or dies depending on the community. But this goes for most, perhaps all multiplayer games.
A game like this is especially risky, because the smaller the community is, the less levels there are. But the less levels there are, the less levels there are to play and be enjoyed by the community.

What those levels are are also important, this is why we need a campaign (specifically chosen levels).
The last thing I want is to join a neat little game and start out in a ton of hard levels.

Less players > less content. That's something you pointed out that was important.
I hope to see a tutorial in the game explaining the kinds of levels in EE (boss, stairs, ect).
Because without that, it's just a lazy introduction to the game that doesn't show what the community has to offer.

Though I do agree that the game lives or dies depending on the creation of levels, obviously.
Advertising the game and keeping the new players addicted and intact with the game are important, this is what the devs need to realise.
Though they probably know about this, they need to do something about it.

I'm just upset that such a unique idea for a game, with such a nice community, isn't big enough in terms of popularity.

● Minecraft Username ► 5uperTrinity
● EE Username ► Zaught

#35 2015-03-26 08:05:03, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-03-26 08:06:40)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

EE is a game that lives or dies depending on the community. But this goes for most, perhaps all multiplayer games.

If you're still insisting that EE is a game, you don't understand what it is.

What those levels are are also important, this is why we need a campaign (specifically chosen levels).

Absolutely agree, and I've believed for a long time that EE needs a better system for helping players find appropriate maps.  But that has absolutely nothing to do with spending money on advertising, thats about improving the product.

The last thing I want is to join a neat little game and start out in a ton of hard levels.

As I pointed out, one of the main reasons why so many levels made by experienced creators are "hard" is because its extremely difficult to make easy gameplay that is new, original, interesting.  That won't change, regardless of the advertising dollars you spend on attracting new players.  The new players will play levels, and even if they stick around long enough to start making quality levels, they will quickly run into the exact same problems.

Advertising the game and keeping the new players addicted and intact with the game are important, this is what the devs need to realise.

Dude, you are seriously barking up the wrong tree; this is literally what my professional background centers on.

"new customers cost six to seven times as much to acquire as maintaining existing customers"
- http://blog.spoken.com/2010/10/cost-of- … iting.html and every marketing textbook ever written

What that means is, if EE brings in one new player via advertising to replace every old player who leaves, it will cost the owners six times as much money as if they'd just kept all their old players.  Any plan of ignoring existing "customers" and focusing all attention on new customers is pretty much doomed on its face.

There are a few exceptions.  For example: certain types of games, websites, software, and so forth experience what is called "network effects" or "network externalities" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_effect for more information).  What this means is, the more people who play it, the better off everybody is.  A common example is MMOs, where the more people who play them, the more "alive" the world feels.  In this context, it can often be extremely important to grab a truckload of new players and bring them in, so that everybody can experience a better game, especially if there is a "threshold" where the userbase can replenish itself without the firm spending money on advertising.  This can happen because people will tell their friends to come buy the product/play the game, and at some point, the gaming experience is so great that everybody who plays it has so much fun that they tell tons of other people.

So, why might that not be the case here?

1.  They've had lots more players before, and didn't reach that threshold.

The game had 1500 players active at a time before, and that wasn't enough to make it self-sustaining.  So, even if there is a point where the community will be so large that it will be self-sustaining, it may take a LOT of spending to get there.

2.  For most products that experience network effects, the product is produced by the company.  Mobile phones are made by mobile phone companies, not by people who use them.  League of Legends is produced by Riot Games, not by the people who they sell it to.  Same for other online multiplayer games.

Everybody Edits is not a game, its a platform for user-generated content.  There is not a drop of gameplay in EE that has ever been made by the creators or owners of EE (I'm assuming that remains the case, as I have no idea who the current owners are).  They make the tools to create gameplay, the arrows, dots, blocks, portals, keys, and so forth.  Then the content creators take those tools and create games with them, or art, or whatever they can think of and want to make using those tools.  Then the players come and play the games made by the game creators or look at the art made by the artists.

For user-generated content communities, network effects won't apply if the content being made by the content creators isn't good enough.  Good products get good word-of-mouth(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_of_mouth, bad products get no word of mouth, or more likely aren't talked about at all.  For EE to have the kind of word of mouth that makes it worthwhile to spend a ton to bring in new customers, the product has to be good.  This means that there have to be interesting, fun levels, and lots of people playing them.  But just as experienced content creators don't want to make the same old boring thing, experienced players don't want to play the same old boring thing.  As a result, good, interesting content will rarely appear in the lobby: the content creators can't easily make them, and the experienced players have difficulty finding old, fun maps, bringing them to the lobby, and getting people to play.  When a new player arrives and enters the lobby, they are most likely to see a bunch of poorly designed levels, conclude that EE doesn't have anything fun to play, and leave.  The difficulty in making good maps is why this happens.

That last problem can be solved with a better system for helping players find maps, but like I said before, thats an improvement to the product, not an advertising cost.

3.  Ignoring the established playerbase essentially means you are ignoring the people who are the most experienced with making good art and gameplay.  Those are the people who can make the levels that can get new players to say "wow, Everybody Edits is amazing!"  To get network effects in a user-generated content community, you need the content creators(the map makers) to make good content(the maps).  You are saying the owners should ignore the needs of the best creators.  This is not a good plan.

New players play maps created by people who make maps.  They get addicted because the maps are fun and interesting, and the community is vibrant and constantly coming up with new ideas.  This won't happen if the maps are boring, and if the community is tired because its too hard to make new and interesting content.

I'm just upset that such a unique idea for a game, with such a nice community, isn't big enough in terms of popularity.

I'm just as upset as you are, and I guarantee I've been upset about it for longer than you have.  I've seen exactly why and how the community grows and why it dies.  Spending tons of money on attracting new players is not the answer, not when the product isn't good enough to keep them.

You mention being well known in the Minecraft community.  When was the last time you saw an advertisement for Minecraft?  Minecraft has a very similar concept to Everybody Edits: give people tools to make what they want let people do what they want with it.  The difference is, the developers of Minecraft have always known that Minecraft benefits enormously from the player base generating new content.  But it goes further than that: they recognize that Minecraft benefits enormously when players can make their own tools.  Vanilla Minecraft is not a very complex game, and it adds new items at a pretty slow rate.  What the developers generally focus on is helping players to have a better experience creating their own servers, to mod minecraft and make their own tools, and use mods made by others.  I play Minecraft as well, and whenever I get bored with it, I come back later and try some new set of mods that make for a different experience.

In comparison, EE can't be modded by players.  Rather than endless worlds in which to build things and procedurally generated content to keep surprising us, we get 200x200 maps with nothing in them.  The tools we have to create content with are limited, to the point where I can point at basically every tool we have and explain how it could be substantially better; yet for most of EE's history, once a tool is introduced, it does not change or improve.  Switches are the glaring exception, and I think/hope that change was made by the new owners/developers, which shows a commitment to improving the tools and introducing new tools.  The recent improvements have resulted in what appears to me to have been a 50% increase in daily activity in the last couple months alone.  Players and builders who left are coming back, which is just as valuable if not more valuable than attracting new players.  Get creators excited about EE again, make sure they have the tools so that making new maps is easy and fun, watch the lobby get filled with exciting maps, and the players will come.

Wooted by: (3)

#36 2015-03-26 08:49:47

tentacleTherapist

Although the mods may disagree as it is their job to support the game, I and I think many others don't think ee should be the type of game with 100,000+ players online a day, it is not the type of game that should have 100,000+ games a day. EE's attraction isn't it's addictiveness through updates it is the community feel it gives. It is nice that it is one of those games where it does not constantly shove itself in your face with self promotions. This may appear as more of a person attack for which I am sorry but it does give a quite bad impression of yourself to come here, introduce yourself as some famous person in another game community then instantaneously begin comparing this game (that works completely differently to minecraft) to the other without hardly any prior knowledge as to know what the attraction is to this game and how it runs.

This is hella gay

Wooted by: (2)

#37 2015-03-26 08:59:33, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-26 09:14:51)

5upertrinity

Replying to MIHB_casts_confuseplayer, not going to quote 1,500 words.

Minecraft quickly spread due to players telling friends, there are surveys to prove this.
Also, Youtube; people found it extremely easy to commentate on. The community makes Minecraft what it is today, the same as EE.

In many ways are these two games alike. But when it comes to advertising, alot of it comes down to luck.
Speaking of being unfair, it's all luck.

I'm glad we have a lot of the same ideas in mind and are just as upset about the small community.
If I have to put a conclusion on what I am trying to say, here it is:

Reel them in > Keep them hooked

Hopefully you can tell what I mean by this, but this whole whole thread was to pretty much
outline those two key points. A lot can be looked into when dealing with those two points,
obviously when starting out a game you have to focus on keeping the players hooked (even if there are none).

What I mean by this is, regardless of the amount of players, you have to focus on the gameplay first.
That doesn't go for this game too much, it's already been made, updated plenty of times, and is generally a good game.
All the problems we see in EE today can be easily avoided, from levels that are dedicated to friends only that
exclude the outside players, from levels that are insanely hard for new players to start off in. <-- Can all be avoided.

Reeling them in is not easy, it's time consuming and uses up resources.

tentacleTherapist wrote:

Although the mods may disagree as it is their job to support the game, I and I think many others don't think ee should be the type of game with 100,000+ players online a day, it is not the type of game that should have 100,000+ games a day. EE's attraction isn't it's addictiveness through updates it is the community feel it gives. It is nice that it is one of those games where it does not constantly shove itself in your face with self promotions. This may appear as more of a person attack for which I am sorry but it does give a quite bad impression of yourself to come here, introduce yourself as some famous person in another game community then instantaneously begin comparing this game (that works completely differently to minecraft) to the other without hardly any prior knowledge as to know what the attraction is to this game and how it runs.

I'm not trying to give myself a bad impression, I thought I was doing some sort of good by giving improvements and identifying why this game has such a small community. Like others, I am upset about the small community.

100,000 is a big number, but all I said was to enlargen the community, not to make the playerbase burst from 150 to 100,000. Not to mention there's nothing wrong about pointing out that I'm well known in the Minecraft community, it's just one of my biggest accomplishments online so I thought I'd point that out so people know more about me. Also I did not start comparing this game to any others. I stated that it just needs to be advertised, because this game deserves more people playing it. EE and Minecraft have many simularities and differences, I never BEGAN comparing this game to Minecraft, I simply responded to MIHB_casts_confuseplayer who brang Minecraft into the topic.

Perhaps you should start sticking to the topic and join in on the conversation (about the topic) instead of assuming I'm giving myself a bad reputation by doing what I am.

● EE Username ► Zaught

#38 2015-03-26 09:14:03

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

5upertrinity wrote:

Replying to MIHB_casts_confuseplayer, not going to quote 1,500 words.

Minecraft quickly spread due to players telling friends, there are surveys to prove this.
Also, Youtube; people found it extremely easy to commentate on. The community makes Minecraft what it is today, the same as EE.

In many ways are these two games alike. But when it comes to advertising, alot of it comes down to luck.
Speaking of being unfair, it's all luck.

I'm glad we have a lot of the same ideas in mind and are just as upset about the small community.
If I have to put a conclusion on what I am trying to say, here it is:

Reel them in > Keep them hooked

Hopefully you can tell what I mean by this, but this whole whole thread was to pretty much
outline those two key points. A lot can be looked into when dealing with those two points,
obviously when starting out a game you have to focus on keeping the players hooked (even if there are none).

What I mean by this is, regardless of the amount of players, you have to focus on the gameplay first.
That doesn't go for this game too much, it's already been made, updated plenty of times, and is generally a good game.
All the problems we see in EE today can be easily avoided, from levels that are dedicated to friends only that
exclude the outside players, from levels that are insanely hard for new players to start off in. <-- Can all be avoided.

Reeling them in is not easy, it's time consuming and using up resources.

I want to clarify about my being upset.  I'm not upset.  If you missed it in my original post, I'm one of the longest tenured members of the community.  You can probably count the number of active players who joined EE as long ago as I did on one hand.  I doubt there is a single player or builder out there who understands the possibilities of the tools we have better than I do, and I doubt there are more than a dozen, if that many, who can match me.  I regularly have worked with the best creators I could or tracked the production of other creators, so that I can see what kind of gameplay is being made and how the tools are being used, in the chance I see something interesting that can help me make a fun map for players.  I know why maps get popular and what keeps players interested.  I can tell you why some types of maps have never been popular even though they are popular elsewhere (eg, most "race course" maps), and I can tell you where and why the tools fall short in helping creators make those types of maps fun for players.

I don't say all that to brag.  I say that because I love this game.  I've always seen the potential, and have been constantly disappointed by questionable and sometimes awful decisions made by previous owners and developers.  Like many, probably most others, I quit EE about a year ago.  I quit because at that point, there were so few players still active that it was basically impossible to make a map with players interacting with other players.   There just weren't enough players left, and I'd already spent hours if not days trying to twist and pull EE's tools to do something they weren't designed to do, because I saw the potential of how to make a fun gameplay experience that would keep players excited.  But there are no players without the maps for them to play, and I saw how fewer and fewer interesting maps were getting put out, because the cost of making them was just too high.  I've seen EE reach the point of death.

But it still lives, and I've returned with a burst of hope, that the new tools are a sign that the owners are committed to improving what needs improving and understand that EE is nothing if players can't open a map and see something new, if builders can't chill out with one another and say "hey look at this cool thing", and have fun making things.

I have that hope, and here you are, talking about the potential of the game and advocating some stupid ideas even though you have just arrived and don't know a damn thing about how this community works, and I'm guessing don't have any **** business or marketing background based on the fact that you just tried to explain to me why Minecraft got popular, when I'm using the actual **** business terms that explain the exact same thing. 

I'm not upset, I'm **** ****, because I don't want this community to die again because the owners do stupid things.  And you're advocating stupid things.  Please stop.

#39 2015-03-26 09:25:52, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-26 09:29:48)

5upertrinity

I have that hope, and here you are, talking about the potential of the game and advocating some stupid ideas even though you have just arrived and don't know a damn thing about how this community works, and I'm guessing don't have any **** business or marketing background based on the fact that you just tried to explain to me why Minecraft got popular, when I'm using the actual **** business terms that explain the exact same thing.

I'm not upset, I'm **** ****, because I don't want this community to die again because the owners do stupid things.  And you're advocating stupid things.  Please stop.

I'm giving my ideas on what can be improved to keep new players entertained and hopefully stay, and giving my insight on what needs to be done
about the small community. There's absolutely no harm in what I'm doing. You just turned a friendly debate into some sort of aggressive arguement between
two little kids, good job on that.

I didn't come here to start an arguement, I came here for a reason, and I've stated that harmless reason a dozen times.
Now if you're going to keep being rude, please reconsider the language you are using in your posts.

● EE Username ► Zaught

#40 2015-03-26 09:36:34, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-03-26 09:38:36)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

5upertrinity wrote:

I'm giving my ideas on what can be improved to keep new players entertained and hopefully stay, and giving my insight on what needs to be done
about the small community. There's absolutely no harm in what I'm doing. You just turned a friendly debate into some sort of aggressive arguement between

I didn't come here to start an arguement, I came here for a reason, and I've stated that harmless reason a dozen times.
Now if you're going to keep being rude, please reconsider the language you are using in your posts.

You're offering stupid and ignorant ideas that would kill the game I love once again.  Why would I stop being rude?  Why should I stop being rude?  People around here know me, they've played my levels, many of them have worked with me, and I'm quite willing to get banned if it lets people know that I am absolutely certain you are wrong, certain enough about it that I accept the cost of calling you out for being as full of **** as you are, because I think its that important that people recognize that.

#41 2015-03-26 09:47:53, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-29 08:05:17)

5upertrinity

5upertrinity wrote:

You're offering stupid and ignorant ideas that would kill the game I love once again.  Why would I stop being rude?  Why should I stop being rude?  People around here know me, they've played my levels, many of them have worked with me, and I'm quite willing to get banned if it lets people know that I am absolutely certain you are wrong, and so upset about it that I accept the cost of calling you out for being as full of **** as you are, because I think its that important that people recognize that.

I'm giving my opinion on what should be improved and what my insight is on the small community and how it can be enlarged.
If you disagree with what I say, that's fine. But please use more formal and acceptable words. You are only proving that you can't sustain a
proper argument or debate for very long.

You are also saying this; "I've got the community of EE, you've got no one here that knows you that can back you up".
I don't care if people around here know you, I don't care if they've played your levels or built levels with you specifically,
this changes nothing about anything.

I'll tell you why you should stop being rude, because this thread was not made to start a rude arguement to be carried out
by people like you who keep cursing. Also, being rude for a reason like this is completely nonsense.

Thanks to you, this has turned into a pure argument. I came here for nothing of the sort, please stop.

● EE Username ► Zaught

#42 2015-03-26 09:55:06

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

**** you.  I love this game, you're threatening it, and you have the nerve to act like being rude over this is complete nonsense?  Tell me you love this game, that you've spent years and countless hours creating content for it and trying to understand how it works and what drives its popularity, and that you have some actual business background or knowledge, and I'll shut my mouth.  Otherwise, shut the **** up.

#43 2015-03-26 10:03:01, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-26 10:06:39)

5upertrinity

**** you.  I love this game, you're threatening it, and you have the nerve to act like being rude over this is complete nonsense?  Tell me you love this game, that you've spent years and countless hours creating content for it and trying to understand how it works and what drives its popularity, and that you have some actual business background or knowledge, and I'll shut my mouth.  Otherwise, shut the **** up.

I'm threatening this game by giving my ideas on what can be improved and my insight on the small community and how it can be enlarged? That makes no sense at all.
I do love this game, it's a very fun and addicting game. I have spent countless hours over years creating content for it and playing levels made by other players.
'Have' keyword. I spent about 2 years playing and creating levels in this game about 1 or 2 years ago, perhaps more. I came back to it about a week ago, and now I'm addicted.

I told you what you wanted to know, so hopefully now you can stop being rude and getting completely off-topic.
If you want to keep arguing like this, please PM me. I don't want to see another post in this thread by you if it's complete nonsense and filled with rude and immature words
that have nothing to do with the topic.

● EE Username ► Zaught

#44 2015-03-26 10:08:46

Nou

5upertrinity wrote:

I'm giving my opinion on what should be improved and what my insight is on the small community and how it can be enlarged.
If you disagree with what I say, that's fine. But please use more formal and acceptable words. You are only proving that you can't sustain a

He provided a set of good arguments you ignored, repeated yourself and provided no actual counterarguments. That's the very definition of not being able to sustain a proper debate.

Also, I think you're really missing the part where MIHB shows he's very passionate about this game.

5upertrinity wrote:

You are also saying this; "I've got the community of EE, you've got no one here that knows you that can back you up".
I don't care if people around here know you, I don't care if they've played your levels or built levels with you specifically,

5upertrinity wrote:

That changes everything. He's a long-standing member of the community, one of the most experienced/skilled ones, but listening to these people does nothing? That's exactly the reason EE died down in the first place, ask anyone about the previous admins and their communication with the community.

Ironically, you don't care about people knowing him, yet you came in on your high horse that people know you from Minecraft, proclaiming you know exactly how to fix this game, based purely on ignorance.

_________

In general, sure we appreciate people wanting to improve the game, we all do, but please, don't go all Benjaminsen here. He, as an admin, had no idea what was going on in the game, which led to the downfall of EE.

No u.

#45 2015-03-26 10:09:16

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

You're threatening it because you're giving ideas that would kill it.  If you don't understand why I would be upset about that, its pretty damn clear you don't love this game.

You aren't as familiar with the community as I am, you don't have the knowledge or education I do, you left the game because you got bored, and you've been back a week.  Yet you think you're qualified to say what EE needs.  Go to hell.

#46 2015-03-26 10:28:31, last edited by 5upertrinity (2015-03-26 10:30:23)

5upertrinity

Nou wrote:
5upertrinity wrote:

He provided a set of good arguments you ignored, repeated yourself and provided no actual counterarguments. That's the very definition of not being able to sustain a proper debate.

Also, I think you're really missing the part where MIHB shows he's very passionate about this game.

5upertrinity wrote:

5upertrinity wrote:

That changes everything. He's a long-standing member of the community, one of the most experienced/skilled ones, but listening to these people does nothing? That's exactly the reason EE died down in the first place, ask anyone about the previous admins and their communication with the community.

Ironically, you don't care about people knowing him, yet you came in on your high horse that people know you from Minecraft, proclaiming you know exactly how to fix this game, based purely on ignorance.

_________

In general, sure we appreciate people wanting to improve the game, we all do, but please, don't go all Benjaminsen here. He, as an admin, had no idea what was going on in the game, which led to the downfall of EE.

I took this to the PMs, still really upset that it had to get this off-topic. I never intended someone to create an argument out of this.

So I'll start off with this, I was a long-term member for a long time, I also left for a long time.
I am giving my opinion on what to improve about this game, I'm not saying this based on what everyone thinks.

If you people keep getting so upset then please call in a moderator or admin to see what they have to say about this.
And still, him being a member of EE that people know, play with, and build with have nothing to do with any of this.
This is my opinion, mine only, though a lot of other people may also agree with me.

And stop brining Minecraft into this, it was a fact that I wanted to share with everyone, it was not intended
to show off. Please get back on topic or just stop spouting on about this nonsense, PM me if you want to chat.

● EE Username ► Zaught

#47 2015-03-26 10:53:48, last edited by Mainx (2015-03-26 10:56:44)

Mainx

Ur inadequate. Talk like a normal person. We're not here to read about your love affair with EE.

"Threatening" the game by giving ideas. Are you insane?

TIeZQ7T.png     SXgDEBO.png

HE uses EEArtist. Told u lol.

#48 2015-03-26 11:14:23

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

Not insane.  Simply aware of how dangerously wrong his opinions are.  If a person's opinion is that the best path for a sick person to get healthy is to stick a knife in their chest, I don't think its at all insane to get angry about it.

Talk like a normal person.

Talk with words you can understand, you mean?  **** off.

#49 2015-03-26 11:24:08, last edited by BEE (2015-03-26 11:24:41)

BEE

MIHB, he's not going to ruin the game with a single post.

I haven't ever even seen him ingame.

He sounds like someone with a passion, but misdirected. Don't scare him off just because he hasn't learned enough about the community.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#50 2015-03-26 11:33:25

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

Its the attitude.  Caring is great.  But, if you look at the things he says, he basically ignores anything that doesn't agree with his opinions, refuses to address them, and doubles down on his own.  Based on his attitude here and how he arrived to the forum, my best guess is that he just wants to look impressive and position himself as somebody knowledgeable and important.  I don't think he cares about EE, not nearly as much as he claims.  How can he?  His love affair has lasted a week, and he left out of boredom last time.  The very first thing he said, and I quote,

We all get addicted to games, and we eventually stop playing.

He says he was active in EE for 2 years; does anybody remember him?  How involved in the game was he?  He's not ingrained into this community.  He's somebody who arrives, gets excited, gets bored, and leaves, by his own admission.

No, I don't think he cares about the game, not really.  If he did, maybe he'd actually care about the opinions of people who know the game and the community a lot better than he does.

FDOOU1427491878488266

Board footer