Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-03-13 21:56:30

Anak

Re: Official Contest Results Complaining Topic

Everybody Edits is a videogame. Videogames are meant for you to enjoy. If you're not enjoying it, step back a second. Turn away from it. Take a deep breath, count to 10, or do whatever helps. Seriously, if you're not enjoying it, just step away from it. Continuing to participate in something that you feel isn't being good for you is only going to hurt you more.
On that note, videogames aren't essential in your life, and neither is a smiley. Calm down. If you didn't win, well, too bad. As someone else said here, "life goes on". If you really think you've been wronged that bad, take it up with the mods personally, in a PM or something. All this overreacting and shouting and screaming is unncecessary, and isn't wanted to be seen by anyone else here. Trust me, if you deal with this in a calm manner it's going to be that much better for you. As is with judging, it is based on the judges opinions. If you have a different one, if you want to vote, make a community award or something. Like seriously, it's just a game.

Sorry if I'm sounding rude, but imo so are you. You're being awfully rude to the staff, to the winners, and to everyone else who just wants to enjoy their time here. If you're going to be so extremely rude, you shouldn't have signed up thinking you wouldn't lose to someone.

Wooted by: (4)

#52 2015-03-13 21:57:30

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

JaWapa wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

The problem with that contest was the lack of factors to judge by. At the end of the day, Toop picked the worlds HE liked the most.

This right here.

If you don't like the way the contest turned out, make your own.  Only downfall to this is that we more than likely won't support it with rewards, so you would limited to gems (and you would have to buy them).

Toop is too strict to contest! He chose a player to win, with the level which sucks!

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#53 2015-03-13 21:57:39

Mylo
Master Developer

I kinda like raons a lot..

Wooted by: (2)

#54 2015-03-13 21:58:09

Abelysk

Tomkazaz wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:
Creature wrote:

I think mods and guardians shouldn't judge, because:
NVD, Processor and Ultrabass: They do nothing at all and doesn't know how to make a level.
Jawapa, Master1 and Kingoftheozone: They just suck in judging, 2 of them can make real levels, but they can't judge, I even saw Master1 giving himself extra points.
Thanel and Toop: I think they did well in judging, but I have a feeling they mistaked too.

I think the next contest should be judged by voting, maybe make a system like this:

Each player will be able to point teams(except themselves) this way:
1 team get 5 points.
3 teams get 3 points.
5 teams get 1 point.
They should do it in ee forums.
At the end, all points are calculated and classified.

Yeah, if players actually had the opportunity to choose the best worlds, that would be great.

The problem with that contest was the lack of factors to judge by. At the end of the day, Toop picked the worlds HE liked the most.

1. Because that's what contests are.

2. When the community judges a contest, the whole thing becomes way too biased.

Wtf, how does letting players judge instead of letting 1 person judge biased???

Because the official judges are MADE to not be biased, while the community knows WHO is popular and WHO is not. Think about it.

#55 2015-03-13 21:59:14

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

Tomkazaz wrote:

I AM SO ANGRY AND UPSET. Those guardians are obviously incredibly corrupt >.<

Seriously speaking, I was disappointed to find out that the judging was based on the how the screen appears in the MINIMAP rather than on how it looks in the actual SCREEN.

Uhm, no? Who told you this?

Wooted by:

#56 2015-03-13 22:01:08, last edited by Calicara (2015-03-13 22:01:39)

Calicara

First of all congratulations to Boh and RayofLight! You are both great EE artists and you deserved to win.

Secondly, I am glad I didn't enter this contest! I have never won a contest before and the stress of it all always gets me worked up. So I don't feel upset about who won, since I didn't compete in the first place.

Lastly, there were many good teams, and for all the winners worlds I saw, that were open, I think they were really good! The only one I will say I didn't quite like was the Mod Land Lads, but you know. Different strokes for different folks.

Also:

vitalijus wrote:

it would be much better if everyteam that made a world could get artist smiley. woot if you think like this too. I mean one smiley for everyone who built world and another smiley for the winners.

Like Zoey said, the people who won earned it. If everyone got a prize it wouldn't be a contest.

P.S. Admittedly I was happy to see ipwner being forums banned. Have never like him, and now can people finally see his as the immature butt that he really is.

Have a nice day folks!

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by: (7)

#57 2015-03-13 22:05:24

Ben

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Because the official judges are MADE to not be biased, while the community knows WHO is popular and WHO is not. Think about it.

At the end of the day you do whatever you want behind the ballot box, no matter what promises you made beforehand.

#58 2015-03-13 22:05:40

Kamekthemagician

I want to say something:

All the 9 loading worlds don´t suck, but I think there are other ones that are better than one or two screens that won (I won´t say names)

udZX0YY.gif

My nickname in-game is Supermariobros20. I have played EE for 4 years! I love creating Super Mario worlds!

#59 2015-03-13 22:07:54

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

What you think, and what TOOP thinks are two different things.

Discord: jawp#5123

#60 2015-03-13 22:08:59

Ben

Calicara wrote:

P.S. Admittedly I was happy to see ipwner being forums banned. Have never like him, and now can people finally see his as the immature butt that he really is.

Lol I think that ban is temporary..

#61 2015-03-13 22:13:36

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

JaWapa wrote:

It's an inherent problem with art in general: it depends on the viewer.

#62 2015-03-13 22:14:14

Kamekthemagician

JaWapa wrote:

And that´s why all this people is annoyed.

udZX0YY.gif

My nickname in-game is Supermariobros20. I have played EE for 4 years! I love creating Super Mario worlds!

#63 2015-03-13 22:16:23

Ben

JaWapa wrote:

"The beauty is in the eye of the beholder". One may find a world flawless, and another might find it horrifying.

#64 2015-03-13 22:18:05

Abelysk

I'd also like to say that positive and negative areas were HUGE in the development loading screens.

For example, Raon had a beautiful screen that had a lot of positive areas. Positive areas are the first areas that you as the viewer see on the map, while negative areas are areas where you see the area after you see the positive areas. To score highly, the screen required a well-balanced mix of these areas. I hope you guys can understand what I'm saying here. Don't make your world feel too empty nor too full.

#65 2015-03-13 22:18:11

Kamekthemagician

Can Toop make a topic where he says the 50 first places of teams that joined in the contest?

udZX0YY.gif

#66 2015-03-13 22:18:59

Anak

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

I'd also like to say that positive and negative areas were HUGE in the development loading screens.

For example, Raon had a beautiful screen that had a lot of positive areas. Positive areas are the first areas that you as the viewer see on the map, while negative areas are areas where you see the area after you see the positive areas. To score highly, the screen required a well-balanced mix of these areas. I hope you guys can understand what I'm saying here. Don't make your world feel too empty nor too full.

It required negative area for balance as well as space to place the logo. Many people may not have realised this...

#67 2015-03-13 22:19:30, last edited by Processor (2016-11-27 23:43:55)

Different55
Forum Admin

Badoosh wrote:
Creature wrote:

Nobody can believe they didn't win, the judges were just bad at judging, they didn't even judged some worlds.

Twipply wrote:

I can't believe I didn't win - clearly this whole thing was rigged from the start.

Vitalijus wrote:
iPwner wrote:

>:O i quit

AntonioS300 wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

ok but
we considered the rule of thirds and the golden ratio and EVERYTHING
how DARE my HARD WORK and QUICK GOOGLING mean i didn't win?? ridiculous! <snip>

/s

Can you ask the moderators in game or in forums to do a re - judge? Suckiest lvl by peoples won //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad Every's moderators just ruined me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

This is so sad, it's sad to see you people praise toop, but the SECOND you don't win a contest it's OFF WITH HIS HEAD, worst mod ever, worst update ever, etc.

Pretty sure Twip was being sarcastic.

Calicara wrote:

Yeah, it's only a 12 hour ban. It's only his second warning.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#68 2015-03-13 22:22:42

Kamekthemagician

Your birthday won´t let you reach the first position...

udZX0YY.gif

#69 2015-03-13 22:25:06

AsurcH

I would like to congratulate everyone who had entered with amazing submissions. Also I would like to give the common reaction on my perspective,
Omg I can't believe my 15 mins work didn't win 11!1

And I also wonder, old contests used to give 1k energy or something, why does this one give 100? I seriously don't think gems would hold the position of that much energy.

Also can we at least have a contest where people's common arguements will be flawed against the defense of the "prepared" arrangement and arguments of the judges? Yes I pretty much agree about some winners but the judges should at least have a reason to say about why a specific thing didn't win because in the end, they chose one over another for a reason. This might also help people see their weaknesses and maybe help them overcome it and improve the overall quality of worlds.

Wooted by: (3)

#70 2015-03-13 22:26:33, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-03-13 22:32:58)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

AsurcH wrote:

the judges should at least have a reason to say about why a specific thing didn't win

Agreed

EDIT: but people would just argue that too.  "Your world felt too empty."  "No it doesn't! My world is better than everyone's! If anything it felt too full!"

Discord: jawp#5123

#71 2015-03-13 22:27:23, last edited by Kamekthemagician (2015-03-13 22:28:42)

Kamekthemagician

I will leave this topic because the contest ended, but before leaving, I want to say something. I know that this will hurt someone (idk who but I think it will do), but I want to say it:

- I think that if instead of me, Supermariobros20, another guy more famous than me sumbitted the same world I did, he would reach a higher position at the contest than me. I don´t mean it would happen always, but some times I think it would happen.

It´s what I think, so you can say all what you think about me, I don´t mind. I just only wanted to say that.

udZX0YY.gif

#72 2015-03-13 22:28:40

Pingohits
Banned

791mAP8.png

#73 2015-03-13 22:29:53

Creature

I like the way Jawapa tries to stop a complaining by saying "Just stop! You don't even know what you are talking about.", he should feel so ashamed.

This is a false statement.

#74 2015-03-13 22:31:49, last edited by Zoey2070 (2016-10-26 03:15:12)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Kamekthemagician wrote:

Your birthday won´t let you reach the first position...

IT SHOULD!!!!!! I'VE PLAYED EE FOR FIVE YEARS I'VE BEEN PLAYING EE SINCE THREE MONTHS AFTER ITS RELEASE, I DESERVED TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1

I SPENT LIKE TWO DOLLARS ON THIS GAME!!!!!! THE MODS OWE ME FOR BLAH BLAH BLAH, I AM A DECENT MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY AND MY LEVEL WAS OK

yeah, i dunno.

point is, here's what doesn't mean you should win:

• when you joined

• how active you are

• today's proximity to your birthday

• the time you've spent on ee

• how nice you are

• your relation to anyone in the game

• how much you wanted to win

• how hard you worked

what means you should win:

• how decent your level was

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (5)

#75 2015-03-13 22:34:21

Anak

Creature wrote:

I like the way Jawapa tries to stop a complaining by saying "Just stop! You don't even know what you are talking about.", he should feel so ashamed.

Well you see he says that probably bc he's right.

RavaTroll1510195466682661

Board footer