Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#226 2016-04-17 15:22:10

Onjit
Website

Re: Official Contest Results Complaining Topic

Pingohits wrote:

check urself before you wreck urself

oh man

u got em

*airhorn*

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#227 2016-04-17 16:00:16

RavaTroll

Ben wrote:

I can personally tell my team hasn't even made it to an honorable mention because of Kiraninja and Ravatroll's hatred towards Zoey.

lol are you serious ?

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#228 2016-04-17 16:06:35

sthegreat

Next time there is a competition, there should be a system to anonymously submit worlds so the judges can't be biased.

user.php?id=sthegreat

Wooted by: (4)

#229 2016-04-17 16:14:37

Benje00

I had friends who won and I had friends that lost.  The difference?  Some of the levels were better than the others.  Most of the players who placed I had never heard of.  I really don't see where this bias is that everyone is speaking of.

#230 2016-04-17 16:47:56

Gosha

Next time we need 6 different people as judges. It is better to choose people who dont know each other and have different teasts.
Tell them to judge maps. It is better to dont tell their names to anyone (and other judges) untill contest ends.  Then collect all info from them, combain it, relise.

#231 2016-04-17 16:54:39

skullz17

I don't think bias is a massive problem, I think taste is a bigger problem (as in, judges need to have different tastes); this is what caused cindy's low ratings.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#232 2016-04-17 17:08:32

Creature

I support community vote than judges vote.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by: (3)

#233 2016-04-17 17:31:55, last edited by Insanity (2016-04-17 17:33:08)

Insanity

Creature wrote:

Most of this community doesn't have the experience in this game necessary to be a judge. More than that, most of this community, especially the forum community, is immature to the point where I wouldn't even trust them to be on the computer, let alone judge a contest.

The funniest part is, the players that are the most well-known and most skilled at the game (the ones who are most qualified to be judges) don't even use these forums.

So my question to you is, are you on crack bro?

You think this is just a game? You think I'm playing?

That we should allow total scrubs to vote on contests?

Democracy works around the concept of common people voting for a leader. Donald Trump is a presidential candidate because of this. Please use a bit of logic.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by: (3)

#234 2016-04-17 17:34:34

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Insanity wrote:

Most of this community doesn't have the experience in this game necessary to be a judge

You don't need experience to say what is good and what is bad.

Insanity wrote:

Democracy works around the concept of people voting for a leader. Donald Trump is a presidential candidate because of this.

People keep voting for him, it's what they want. That's how a Democracy works.

Discord: jawp#5123

#235 2016-04-17 17:48:16

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

Creature wrote:

last time that happened, it was rigged so hard

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

Wooted by:

#236 2016-04-17 17:52:08

AK712

How the derp did my level have the fairytale pack? >.> The rules were changed mid-contest, but I reread the rules on April 8th, replaced all the fairytale with Spring 2011, and Toop said it was okay. Did I miss switching a single one? Am I going to be disqualified? >.>

Also, the "global switches" are global doors that don't even have switches anywhere in the level... it's a clock >.> And once again, the rules were switched mid-contest.

This thread is so derp.

O4DmNuI.png

#237 2016-04-17 17:53:19

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

The contest just horrible. The story worlds where people talk don't deserve to win. The new campaign is horrible because of the new world where you need to figure out who to talk to cough cough Phina and the rose cough. Most lands are mini map art... really original. And of course mods and famous players shouldn't get extra points because their special.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#238 2016-04-17 17:57:36, last edited by Luka504 (2016-04-17 18:05:40)

Luka504

Insanity wrote:

"I didn't win so the judges must be biased"

"There's no way that 15 other teams out of a total of 150 could've made a level better than me!!11"

Idk why it's hard for people to accept that they didn't win because other people did better.

Anak wrote:

Some people are being immature about this I would agree, but there are some legit issues being brought up. The way the judges handled this contest is questionable.

Can you elaborate?

Ben wrote:

I can personally tell my team hasn't even made it to an honorable mention because of Kiraninja and Ravatroll's hatred towards Zoey.

lol

Im completely fine with losing the contest. But it still doesnt change the god damn fact the judges (Except RV) were complete idiots when it came to judging.
SEVEN of the worlds arent even good to be anything more than an honorable mention
But FIVE of them dont even follow the main rules: The level being basic easy and it being spring themed. Yet they won.
Honestly the judges probably just chose by the minimap art (except Frolic since they needed some dumb world to win so there isnt any rebellion) not by the other traits they supposedly used.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#239 2016-04-17 18:03:18

Insanity

sthegreat wrote:

Next time there is a competition, there should be a system to anonymously submit worlds so the judges can't be biased.

It's very easy to tell who made what worlds even if its anonymous, just based on the art style and minigames alone.

This would only separate the nubs from the veterans, which in turn would cause this community to complain about bias again.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#240 2016-04-17 18:06:55, last edited by Bimps (2016-04-17 18:07:04)

Bimps

the only reason a lot of people are mad is because they didnt get 1st. if your world got 1st you wouldnt be whining

#241 2016-04-17 18:26:47

Raphe9000

Pingohits wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

question: pls explain in detail why my world didnt place

Okay. I will be up-front and honest to you. Don't get mad at me or say I'm disrespecting you. You don't see why, so I must tell you.

You didn't place because

Hidden text

at least im mentally capable of making one

I could if I wanted to. I'm just lazy. At least I didn't make something atrocious then claim it should have won. Honorably Losing is better than Butthurtedly Winning

that doesnt even make sense why would someone be butthurt about winning
+im simply asking for the judges to tell me what they thought of my world since they never reviewed it

check urself before you wreck urself

I typed "butthurtedly winning" because you were being butthurt about losing. You wanted to win. You should've just honorably lost. Instead you want to be butthurt and win. Now, you think that your world deserves to have a full document written about it nit-picking every detail your world had to see if it won or not when the truth is your world just sux.

Now, I myself will review your world for you because you seem to be a parasite whose only cure is getting what it wants.

First Impressions: Right off the bat I see an abundance of basic blocks, the ones you start out with placed when another type of block would have fit better. I am laying in a stone bed and instantly see some ugly pipes. They seem to be unneeded and do not add anything to the scenery. Fall leaf backgrounds are used to represent a change in floors, and the writing is cheesy and cringy in my opinion. Right off the bat, there are people who have commit ed suicide, and that is not something we all need to see. People all wear gray, and it made me wonder if it is one person or many at first though I realize it is many.

story: It is so bad that I gave up trying to read signs

Gameplay: Too easy to be a campaign at all, at a level of basic without easy moments.

Could I Finish: That would only be possible for someone with a mind and body of that above mine, or I guess below too because dumber people have shorter attention spans and lower IQs but ya. I couldn't due to it being atrocious.

Minimap: Everything is blocky, and nothing is neat. I cannot make out a single thing, and it is quite atrocious. It should have been disabled

Rating: End my suffering / 10

Why didn't your world place?

Hidden text

#242 2016-04-17 18:29:18

Anak

Luka504 wrote:
Insanity wrote:

"I didn't win so the judges must be biased"

"There's no way that 15 other teams out of a total of 150 could've made a level better than me!!11"

Idk why it's hard for people to accept that they didn't win because other people did better.

Anak wrote:

Some people are being immature about this I would agree, but there are some legit issues being brought up. The way the judges handled this contest is questionable.

Can you elaborate?

Ben wrote:

lol

Im completely fine with losing the contest. But it still doesnt change the god damn fact the judges (Except RV) were complete idiots when it came to judging.
SEVEN of the worlds arent even good to be anything more than an honorable mention
But FIVE of them dont even follow the main rules: The level being basic easy and it being spring themed. Yet they won.
Honestly the judges probably just chose by the minimap art (except Frolic since they needed some dumb world to win so there isnt any rebellion) not by the other traits they supposedly used.

You're so extra and unecessary like chill lmao. Yes you may feel there are some injustices in this contest but that doesn't mean you can be rude and slag off all the worlds which placed higher than yours. It doesn't sound like you're fine with losing lol

Wooted by:

#243 2016-04-17 18:31:26

Schlog

I think the entire contest should be re-judged.

#244 2016-04-17 18:33:28

Gosha

Ninja wrote:

Fully agree
But what to do with the campaigns and rewards people got?

It had to be fixed time ago.

#245 2016-04-17 18:34:11, last edited by mrjawapa (2016-04-17 18:38:40)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

You wanted to win. You should've just honorably lost. Instead you want to be butthurt and win. Now, you think that your world deserves to have a full document written about it nit-picking every detail your world had to see

That's not at all what he is doing. He just wanted to know why didn't place. Is it really wrong to wonder what categories you done poorly in?

At this point you're just being being an undeniably pleasant person to be around.

EDIT: diff... these censors... they blow

Discord: jawp#5123

#246 2016-04-17 18:42:56, last edited by Pingohits (2016-04-17 19:49:31)

Pingohits
Banned

Raphe9000 wrote:

I typed "butthurtedly winning" because you were being butthurt about losing. You wanted to win. You should've just honorably lost. Instead you want to be butthurt and win. Now, you think that your world deserves to have a full document written about it nit-picking every detail your world had to see if it won or not when the truth is your world just sux.
Now, I myself will review your world for you because you seem to be a parasite whose only cure is getting what it wants.
First Impressions: Right off the bat I see an abundance of basic blocks, the ones you start out with placed when another type of block would have fit better. I am laying in a stone bed and instantly see some ugly pipes. They seem to be unneeded and do not add anything to the scenery. Fall leaf backgrounds are used to represent a change in floors, and the writing is cheesy and cringy in my opinion. Right off the bat, there are people who have commit ed suicide, and that is not something we all need to see. People all wear gray, and it made me wonder if it is one person or many at first though I realize it is many.
Gameplay: Too easy to be a campaign at all, at a level of basic without easy moments.
Could I Finish: That would only be possible for someone with a mind and body of that above mine, or I guess below too because dumber people have shorter attention spans and lower IQs but ya. I couldn't due to it being atrocious.
Minimap: Everything is blocky, and nothing is neat. I cannot make out a single thing, and it is quite atrocious. It should have been disabled

are you one of those people that sit in front of a computer all day with their nacho-cheese crusted fingers, typing away sub-par rants while beating your mother because she forgot to take the taquitos out of the oven?

i never said i was butthurt, you merely assumed i was because it was mixed in with the rest of the general audience. i said, and quoteth he:

Pingohits wrote:

it was a question directed to the judges on why my world didn't meet the requirements to make it into the top fifteen. you think you're such a special snowflake solving the world's problems by targeting all the lesser beings. if everyone was a special snowflake like you, it'll be a blizzard.

plus, you didn't even submit a world, and you're judging other players that did? and that review on my world was obviously falsified to make me feel bad, but i'll give you points because the rating told me to end your suffering, which i'll gladly do so.

791mAP8.png

#247 2016-04-17 19:05:19, last edited by Raphe9000 (2016-04-17 19:08:15)

Raphe9000

Pingohits wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

are you one of those people that sit in front of a computer all day with their nacho-cheese crusted fingers, typing away sub-par rants while beating your mother because she forgot to take the taquitos out of the oven?

i never said i was butthurt, you merely assumed i was because it was mixed in with the rest of the general audience. i said, and quoteth he:

Pingohits wrote:

it was a question directed to the judges on why my world didn't meet the requirements to make it into the top fifteen. you think you're such a special snowflake solving the world's problems by targeting all the lesser beings. if everyone was a special snowflake like you, it'll be a blizzard.

plus, you didn't even submit a world, and you're judging other players that did? and that review on my world was obviously falsified to make me feel bad, but i'll give you points because the rating told me to end your suffering, which i'll gladly do so.

here's a rope
and a chair
i'll bring the webcam

I do many things, and I do not sit in front of the computer all day. I find many snacks to be dumb, and my mother abandoned me when I was 5. Tacquitos are dumb <3

You wanted you world rating to be described in absolute detail because you thought it should have won. Admit it, you were butthurt. And I don;t think I am a special snowflake. Due to my severe pessimism, I consider myself **** on the side of a
road. If everyone was like me, suicide rates would be quintupled.

Oh look you finally learned how to read! I was too lazy to and saw no reason to win a trophy, Though I don't think I have building skills that are really that good (though mine are clearly better than yours with what I have seen from you), anyoen can build greatly if they try (which you didn't).
I just don't car to try. AT least I didn't think my world was perfect when it actually sucked and then got mad when I was told it sucks. I knew already that my world would have sucked. And thanks for WANTING me to commit suicide. sorry, but I'd rather use a gun.

To Jawapa: He wants people to take time out of their day to describe why his world sucks. The truth is that it just sucks. He then starts getting mad at me because I stated the truth.

#248 2016-04-17 19:09:56

Pingohits
Banned

Raphe9000 wrote:

my mother abandoned me when I was 5.

now we know why

791mAP8.png

#249 2016-04-17 19:23:35

Calicara

How about judge vote, but judges picked by the community?

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

Nou

#250 2016-04-17 19:28:27

RavaTroll

Ninja wrote:

Sure, this way I could ask for Mirin's level to get disqualifed because of difficulty and theme. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

RavaTroll1510195466682661

Board footer