Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-03-05 23:58:42

Infinight

Re: New Action Blocks. (Please, look this).

When you enter freeze arrows/dots, they should freeze you for one second. At the end of the second, you can move again. Each freeze arrow/dot you touch will renew the second so it will be impossible to move unless you go an entire second without touching a new freeze block. It accomplishes the original goal, but also allows more potential for puzzle design and makes it harder for them to be used as hazards.

Also, I think we would need down freeze arrows.

As for the other ideas:

Slow arrows are alright. I'd definitely like the slow dots, as it's hard to control your movement with the existing dots.

The friend spawn might be useful, I guess, but I'm not wild about the edit block. I can see a lot of players using that as a reward for their level and getting it trolled.

If you want the crown doors, you can vote for them here: https://trello.com/c/YLAsd9Tm/95-crown-gates-doors
Personally, I really want them to be added for King of The Hill type games, where one person grabs the crown and tries to maintain it as long as they can.

Instant doors, however, I don't think are really necessary. Just place a purple door behind a switch and one-way block in front of it, and then the switch won't be usable anymore.

And I'm not really interested in getting a new type of coin. Blue and gold are enough for now.

#27 2015-03-06 07:24:01

OG7DEID8

Freezing for second? If you are in a line of freeze arrows, you can't move so. This will just making player rage i'm think.

Istant Doors (as i said third time) are my idea from RPG's. Like got key, open door, and it's open forever. We have tons of doors, why don't have that one?

If you can do anything,
            Do it, because after u can't do everything,
                   Live isn't infinite,
                        But this isn't too limited!

#28 2015-03-06 07:43:05, last edited by Onjit (2015-03-06 07:44:02)

Onjit
Website

Freeze dots aren't the problem, there's already plenty of ways to make traps:

rlM5nkA.png

This is a bad world, as that one guy experienced. Freeze dots won't change this.

Freeze dots shouldn't have a timer. Indefinite timing. If the owner abuses this, people won't play.

:.|:;

#29 2015-03-06 08:28:56

Xfrogman43

Different55 wrote:
OG7DEID8 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

But you can hit a wall and get stuck.

About freeze arrows, admin need's know how to use them. I'm think they don't will make levels with non-sense. Our players ale little intelligent to know it's stupid idea to make freeze traps.

If people make freeze traps then other people won't play their level. At least that's the idea. It's also why we need a /respawn if there isn't already.

Respawn Potion

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#30 2015-03-06 08:54:21

Kangxp

I can imagine how insta gates and keys can be bad...
1. put a key 3 blocks above the player
2. put a gate 1 block above the key
jump and get stuck

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

#31 2015-03-06 09:08:01

Onjit
Website

Kangxp wrote:

I can imagine how insta gates and keys can be bad...
1. put a key 3 blocks above the player
2. put a gate 1 block above the key
jump and get stuck

Why does this make the idea bad? Like I said above, the level creator is to blame, not the game.

:.|:;

#32 2015-03-06 13:47:29

some woman

Xfrogman43 wrote:
Different55 wrote:
OG7DEID8 wrote:

About freeze arrows, admin need's know how to use them. I'm think they don't will make levels with non-sense. Our players ale little intelligent to know it's stupid idea to make freeze traps.

If people make freeze traps then other people won't play their level. At least that's the idea. It's also why we need a /respawn if there isn't already.

Respawn Potion

Yes, but it costs 25 energy and you can't use it in levels that don't allow potions.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#33 2015-03-06 15:18:08

OG7DEID8

Guys... Why you looking for cons?

This ideas aren't ideas to ANTI TRAP, but to work. If anybody wan't make traps - he will do it...

If you can do anything,
            Do it, because after u can't do everything,
                   Live isn't infinite,
                        But this isn't too limited!

#34 2015-03-06 15:41:36

rgl32

OG7DEID8 wrote:

People look for cons because it is important to know the negatives and be able to fix them if they are able to be fixed. If everyone only focused on the positives, then everything would have unseen consequences that would be somewhat obvious if you thought about it for a little.

With that said, I like most of these ideas, they seem nice. However we really don't need more coins, 2 different kinds are enough. And the issue with freeze arrows/dots is what people are concerned about. It's not really if you can use them for traps, you can use any blocks or gravity for traps, but its more how easy they can be used for traps. Most other traps you can easily tell if they are traps by looking at them, with the freeze arrows you honestly only need that one arrow in one random spot and you could potentially be trapped if you accidentally jump on it the wrong way without noticing it.

#35 2015-03-06 16:00:03

Kamekthemagician

I like all the ideas except the pink coin doors/gates. You can buy only 10 without using gems and you need to wait a year, because it doesn´t appear in BC...

udZX0YY.gif

My nickname in-game is Supermariobros20. I have played EE for 4 years! I love creating Super Mario worlds!

#36 2015-03-06 18:54:58

skullz17

OG7DEID8 wrote:

Istant Doors (as i said third time) are my idea from RPG's. Like got key, open door, and it's open forever. We have tons of doors, why don't have that one?

Well it's just so useless. I mean, a switch with a gate/door next to it does basically the same thing. I'm guessing you want some kind of item that disappears when picked up by the player, and all the doors open and all gates close forever once you pick it up. It's an okay idea, but there's just no need for it.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#37 2015-03-06 18:59:43

Different55
Forum Admin

rgl32 wrote:
OG7DEID8 wrote:

People look for cons because it is important to know the negatives and be able to fix them if they are able to be fixed. If everyone only focused on the positives, then everything would have unseen consequences that would be somewhat obvious if you thought about it for a little.

With that said, I like most of these ideas, they seem nice. However we really don't need more coins, 2 different kinds are enough. And the issue with freeze arrows/dots is what people are concerned about. It's not really if you can use them for traps, you can use any blocks or gravity for traps, but its more how easy they can be used for traps. Most other traps you can easily tell if they are traps by looking at them, with the freeze arrows you honestly only need that one arrow in one random spot and you could potentially be trapped if you accidentally jump on it the wrong way without noticing it.

This is why I think we need a respawn command, but these blocks could open up a lot of new ways of playing, like bowling or archery or some other game where we'd use the smiley as a projectile.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#38 2015-03-06 19:36:21

skullz17

Different55 wrote:
rgl32 wrote:
OG7DEID8 wrote:

This is why I think we need a respawn command, but these blocks could open up a lot of new ways of playing, like bowling or archery or some other game where we'd use the smiley as a projectile.

Maybe not archery, because gravity still applies to an arrow, but bowling sounds like a cool idea.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#39 2015-03-07 04:12:19

FDOOU
Banned

OG7DEID8 wrote:

And the blocks for the Women's Day:

Pink Coin
http://i.imgur.com/6hwmH77.png
It work as other coins. You can bought it only in Women's Day.

this is why i need feminism ;_;

Come find me in game!

#40 2015-03-07 06:32:48

RumMumMario

I like the instadoor idea. It would be useful when making tricky mini-games or something, good for trapping too.

Hey! Let's chat, I'm on IRC from 4:00PM(EST) - 9:00PM(EST). ttps://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=#shellshocklive

127371832852516405610_model100414.png

#41 2015-03-22 07:57:34

logothetis
Website

I like all of your ideas but I don't like the freeze arrows. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8a/008_wink

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#42 2015-03-23 02:24:03

Sybil

Women's Day?

f0uiwo.png

#43 2015-03-23 10:45:23

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

i ♥ all

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

Michele1427103923486189

Board footer