Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Re: Finally some news from Chris.

Nou wrote:
RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Nou wrote:

In other words, important bugs that have been around for 6 months are low (no?) priority. Good to hear, I'll be leaving EE soon too at this rate.

He asked for a laundry list of bugs, I asked the players for a list of bugs they experience, I got nothing back.

You got nothing back from the players or from Chris? I did post a couple so I assume it's the latter?

From Chris, but it didn't help that any bug reports I got from about a month ago have completely drowned among other PMs I've received. He told me recently that he's gonna start doing bug fixes tomorrow so he's gonna be needing a big and comprehensive list of bugs to deal with. Could you perhaps send me a PM again with all the bugs you have found?

#102 Before February 2015

main_gi

one bug that works any direction but was reported intentional:

<<<<.<>

The arrows explain it all

#103 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

main_gi wrote:

<<<<.<>

I showed this to Chris a couple of hours ago personally, he will start dealing with it tomorrow.

#104 Before February 2015

main_gi

that bug can also get you infinite crown, but not on client side. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#105 Before February 2015

Processor

About the Jumping bug: It only works once you touch a block, after that even if you arent touching the block, you will jump. If you havent touched a block scince your last jump, it wont work. I'm pretty sure this helps Chris know why the bug is happening...

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#106 Before February 2015

Nou

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
main_gi wrote:

<<<<.<>

I showed this to Chris a couple of hours ago personally, he will start dealing with it tomorrow.

I've PMd you this list, if anyone has additional bugs or info about bugs, do share it!

1: Levels not loading.
The same bug that's been around for at least half a year. He's aware of this but he hasn't fixed it yet. A good example of a level that never loads is this: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWnp8Dff3Pa0I   -- It hangs on "Trying to join game, please wait!" forever. This bug is making people quit EE.

2: Dot jumping
As can be tried here: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWCPVvddQGbEI
If you hold space and run off a line of dots or arrows, you will jump off them as if they were blocks.

3: Ghosting
While not as prevalent as it used to be, people still start ghosting occasionally (disconnect from the server while leaving their entry behind so it seems like they're on the level but they're not, causing them to be unable to get back into the level because of duplicate entries).

4: Portals sometimes show up on the minimap, sometimes they don't

5: Infinite saving
Sometimes when you save, it hangs on "saving" for good, until the level is empty and then it   hasn't saved.

6: Packet overload using WPE sending coins
Not a bug, rather an exploit. I couldn't find anyone who knows how this works exactly, but we think people use a coin overload through WPE: it sends so many packets at the same time it kicks out everyone. Very annoying.

7: Drop delay
This might not be a bug, but the lack of drop delay is making certain jumps very annoying and makes the game feel stale in general. We'd like it back please.

No u.

#107 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

^ Just sent the list to Chris, he's taking a look at it now.

#108 Before February 2015

cyph1e

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

You may want to remind him about not making premature updates, as the with the last couple of patches.

#109 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

something like this too.
gOiNt.png

#110 Before February 2015

xGBx-PwNzZ

Also this bug,

4l5jt.jpg

You stay in the   middle of the   arrows.
And also mzKQf.jpg

When you kicked this happes its still   there when your   in lobby (I think thats   a bug)
Nvm   i just made a world of bugs: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWcyB6sQjya0I
1st minis: Just jump on the arrows.

2nd minis   when on the <<<<<<< arrows press space and you can   get that coin, (Otherwise without   that bug   the   mini would be inposs)

There ya go rpg.

Also i if   i find more bugs i will just post   them.

Last edited by xGBx-PwNzZ (Sep 29 2011 12:41:19 pm)

#111 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

... I just pray to god Chris remembers to put the nurse smiley in the normal shop this update around.

#112 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Nou wrote:

if anyone has additional bugs or info about bugs, do share it!

8: Profiles are outdated
They don't show up new stuff like new blocks, etc. I hope that this issue will be automatically fixed by the new block/smiley adder system, but anyway, I report it...

#113 Before February 2015

Stubby
Website

Don't fix the double arrow bug!     It will ruin alot of my levels! WevBh.png

fgRzols.png

#114 Before February 2015

Shift

Nou wrote:
shift wrote:

Oh, and sorry, Nou, but I haven't noticed any bugs that are nearly as important as securing a steady stream of updates.

What about a working game? Yea..keep implementing new features while the game doesn't function properly, good idea.

The game functions perfectly fine. There are a few bugs that ought to be fixed, but I, and the vast majority of players, would prefer new items over a few little bug fixes. The only bug that really hindered the game, imo, was the one that allowed you to stick to the ceiling. Currently, the worst and most noticeable bug is, for lack of a better term, the opposite-arrow one, which barely hinders level development at all, really.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't fix the bugs, I'm just saying that they really aren't all that pressing. I would like for them all to be fixed, but not as much as I would like new blocks with special effects, such as sticky blocks, or even just plain, new blocks. I say that Chris and Peter should use the window after we're all distracted by the new, shiny things to fix the worst bugs, and move on from there.

#115 Before February 2015

AwzzomeDude

Well, Im not sure if this was intentional or not, But,
Bg shows up ON Profile.

#116 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

Jojatekok wrote:
Nou wrote:

if anyone has additional bugs or info about bugs, do share it!

8: Profiles are outdated
They don't show up new stuff like new blocks, etc. I hope that this issue will be automatically fixed by the new block/smiley adder system, but anyway, I report it...

I think I remember him saying he's not going to update it for awhile because he might start working on a whole new Profile look. Again, To all you lurkers, Don't take this as 100% fact.

RPGMaster2000 142388502376409

Board footer