Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

just_bean

Re: EX Crew

ex1 shouldn't require any sort of login.   Sorry, I don't know that I know the source of your problem. Just try again, see if it works.

#27 Before February 2015

Google

It seems to be fine now...

#28 Before February 2015

MFL

Google wrote:

It seems to be fine now...

The tinychat will generally be closed when maps are not up.

#29 Before February 2015

Zap

Could someone explain to me how you save your levels?

#30 Before February 2015

mustang

glidergirl12 wrote:

Well its good your going to name it pro if its hard, but even the regular ones are kinda hard.   please just make an intermediate level at some point, and then if you realize that u don't like easier levels then I wont say anything else about it!:D

We'll definitely keep you and everyone informed if we release a map that is even easier than our standard EX Crew ones. Most likely the next map (Fall of Zeal) will follow the same formula of Ice Level with a difficulty that starts off easy and increases throughout the map, ending with a hard challenge (although it may not be as hard as the ice slide found in Ice Level).

Zap wrote:

Could someone explain to me how you save your levels?

I created a custom saver using Matlab that captures the map upon joining it. Due to the source code being written in Matlab, I am the only one who can use it.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 13 2010 7:53:31 pm)

#31 Before February 2015

Zap

Oh I see. Thanks.

#32 Before February 2015

mustang

Update for our next map Fall of Zeal:

Work on the map went well today and we hope to get much more done tomorrow. The map is somewhat behind schedule and may not release until Monday, but if it is pushed back it will be to ensure that the best possible map is released versus putting out a rushed and unpolished product.

Also, I want to note that we have decided to make Fall of Zeal a bit easier than Ice Level and we will have a much less difficult final challenge in the map. I believe we will see many more players beat this map than our previous ones.

#33 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

I can save maps too. A bit harder, but it's perfect.

#34 Before February 2015

Google

Been looking forward to zeal greatly,   can't wait to see the finished product.

#35 Before February 2015

MageBomb

Lol, I think i waw a lil bit of Zeal, I entered the map and saw on the mini map great designs of mountains and sea, but no EX logo. From what I saw, this level is going to be amazing.

#36 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

I'm stupid because i posted crap.

Last edited by Shesiressu (Aug 17 2010 1:53:10 pm)

#37 Before February 2015

Chips

That's not our map -.-

You think that there aren't other people out there that use the EX-Crew name without actually BEING in the EX-Crew?

There are a lot of people impersonating the EX-Crew. The only way you can be sure about a map being EX-Crew, is when it links directly to www.tinychat.com/ex1 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

And PS: We make original maps, no need for us to steal other ideas.

Last edited by Chips (Aug 16 2010 7:22:36 am)

#38 Before February 2015

just_bean

Shesiressu wrote:

I'm stupid because i posted crap.

Water under the bridge

Last edited by just_bean (Aug 17 2010 3:40:55 pm)

#39 Before February 2015

Inoka1

I'm with the EX Crew on this. As the leading group in map design, they're bound to have more than a few impersonations on the game that they aren't actually a part of.
Anyway, any idea on when the Fall of Zeal is going up?

#40 Before February 2015

Chips

Inoka1 wrote:

I'm with the EX Crew on this. As the leading group in map design, they're bound to have more than a few impersonations on the game that they aren't actually a part of.

Most likely this week, still a lot of work to do on it though.

We'll keep you updated. MFL isn't here right now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#41 Before February 2015

MFL

#42 Before February 2015

mustang

Shesiressu wrote:

HAHA! STEALING MAP IS SKILL?
EX CREW - FALLEN SHIP WAS OUR MAP!!! MG-CREW!!!

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1566#p1566

LOOK ON THE SECOND POST!!! IT WAS MADE BY US!!!

As others have already addressed, we clearly did not steal that map. For one thing, the logo wasn't anywhere near correct, and even if it is, the EX Crew has absolutely no reason to flat out copy a map. We are more than able to make our own very unique and successful maps.

Also, the EX Crew is the most trolled group by far with all of our recent maps being stolen and reposted under different names. Whoever steals our maps may have been the same who stole yours, and then attempted to scribble on EX Crew as a poor attempt to frame our group.

Inoka1 wrote:

The alteration of the packets has delayed the map yet another day. We will release it for sure tomorrow.

Also, thanks for sticking up for us. We're happy to have supportive fans.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 16 2010 10:20:43 pm)

#43 Before February 2015

mustang

The Fall of Zeal has been released. You can find the official room thread at http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1741.

Here is the minimap, you can see we added much variety in terms of the locations and scenery:

tfoz.png

We hope everyone enjoys the map, have fun!

#44 Before February 2015

Jordan117

You guys are like the Pixar of Everybody Edits. It's amazing the kind of innovative gameplay and artistry you've generated from such a deceptively simple platform. Brilliant work. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#45 Before February 2015

Shesiressu

I edited my post. Sorry for writing this, never happens again.

#46 Before February 2015

juvey

mustang thx for the confidence i now made it o lvl 9

#47 Before February 2015

mustang

juvey wrote:

mustang thx for the confidence i now made it o lvl 9

Just keep at it, and as your skills increase you will get further and further. Good luck!

#48 Before February 2015

mustang

We are deeply saddened to announce that the EX Crew has decided it can no longer continue onward.

MFL has decided to leave due to extraneous reasons and cannot stay. MIHB and myself no longer have enough time to dedicate to EE in order to maintain the high level of quality you have all grown to love and appreciate in our maps. All these reasons, combined with an uncertain future where our tools will be blocked and saving will be a pay for service have convinced us to dissolve the EX Crew.

We have certainly enjoyed our time here making maps for you all to play. Whenever we made a map we put in countless hours over the course of several days perfecting the look and feel of each map, making sure the rooms were original and not cheap, and making sure the minimap looked as beautiful as possible. We enjoyed to hear the countless amount of positive feedback we received in our tinychat and on the forum, and the overwhelming love we received will always be appreciated.

We hope we have inspired the other newly formed groups to aspire to new heights, and to experiment and develop original challenges without resorting to overused and cheap designs. We hope that our maps will continue to be seen as the standard of map making for some time to come, until another group rises up to fill the void.

MIHB and myself will continue to play EE when time permits, and we might even continue posting on the forums. Perhaps in the future, should the stars align, we will make another map together, but only time will tell if such a reunion will ever take place.

We would like to thank all of our members who helped create, edit, and play test our maps:

MFL
MIHB
mustang
Wahaha
WPG
Circa
starblinky
Chips
smiley
just_bean
Xelenai
doh
Misacorp
Super_Luigi
TheOrange
ro9ge
haka

We also would like to thank all of the others who made key contributions to making the EX Crew possible:

Aslai
Twipply
Gcommer
Cyclone
Chris Benjaminsen

Please continue to enjoy EE, and be on the lookout for the final re-release of many of our old maps.

Also, a word of caution, all "new" EX Crew maps will be impostors from this day on, as we will not be making any new maps. Also be aware that our tinychat will be closed from now on after the final re-release of our maps.

Last edited by mustang (Aug 18 2010 6:36:43 pm)

#49 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Looking forward to playing your maps that I havn't played yet. Thanks for all the advice and possibly see you soon, inspiration was quite nice.

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Aug 18 2010 6:50:29 pm)

#50 Before February 2015

Circa

A sad day, indeed.   I will miss you all.   I hope one day EX will once again reform, but until then...
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

MFL1423489174472258

Board footer