Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Alex

My new block idea(s)

This was kinda accidental discovery on my part, but I thought it was cool, so I'd mention it.
When using the animator I, again, accidentally, but a normal black block over a flat black block creating a bevel of sorts:
smq2w2.jpg, here's an example of how it looks from my next map.

Anyway, the idea is for whenever the new interface is released some of the blocks to be added can be glossy version(like the current black one), and a flat version of the current grey-cyan blocks. I'll make some mock ups and post them in a bit.

edit: here a mock up of what the bricks could look like: togetherfda9og.jpg disjointed: k0lzr.jpgp
anyway, yeah that's my idea

EDIT 2: My next idea is the design for teleporters. 66em4z.jpg I've tried to keep the design simple and matching the game best as I could. 27ypbn8.jpg for the blocks not in a level scene. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
EDIT 3: This one is pretty simple, basic locks, its expanding the reaches of the current locks to cover all the basic block colors 2s664b6.jpg. The yellow one looks a little too dark, I think.

EDIT 4: heres my idea for the design of doors that open with coins 25a25hf.jpg The black ones will 'cost' the number of coins, while the white ones will just require them.

Last edited by alex (Oct 16 2010 7:11:51 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Thomx

Re: My new block idea(s)

I saw something like this done in a level. I don't like it. >_>

Not that it's a bad idea or anything, I just personally don't care for the non-blocky blocks. I think they should be more distinguished as physical blocks instead of just colors.

#3 Before February 2015

Alex

Yeah I agree flat blocks aren't great for regular use, but the possible effects are nice, and since with the new interface will have room for many blocks, and these are just my suggestions for some of the new ones

#4 Before February 2015

Flare

Not much of a bad idea, I'd like to see more of those '1 color' blocks without having to hack to get them.

#5 Before February 2015

Alex

UPDATE: teleporter blocks concept up.

#6 Before February 2015

loso74123

the teleports like yours would work in a game such as "Portal" (probably where you get the colors from anyway).

since you are limited to create only 2 teleporting points.

however, I think it would be better to be able put more than 1 pair of teleports.

and identify the connections by the colors of the teleports.
(red point only goes to the other red point)

#7 Before February 2015

Alex

that could be easily done with mine with multiple colors.
its mostly a design concept, which could be easily implemented in ee, regardless of how Chri smakes th eportals work

#8 Before February 2015

njutbart

I have no clue how the game is coded, but wouldn't it be possible to detect and always teleport to the closest teleporter? Then you could have pretty much an infinte amount of them, without bothering with colours etc.

Of course, it could cause a whole lot of problems and bugs, but that's not my problem. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by njutbart (Aug 30 2010 7:46:47 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

loso74123

but what if the level maker don't want to make it teleport only to the nearest?

ever thought about that?

#10 Before February 2015

Alex

the best option for teleporters would be to assign a number to them so teleporter one blue goes to teleporter one orange, for example.

#11 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I say we should have just one teleporter button: You click it, click on the field somewhere to create the first teleporter block, then click again to make the second.

#12 Before February 2015

The Donut Monster

How about this:
After placing a teleport block, you can only place its twin.
The block would always change back to the original after placing both of the teleporters.

#13 Before February 2015

Alex

basic locks added

2s664b6.jpg. The yellow one looks a little too dark, I think.

#14 Before February 2015

Alex

alex wrote:

EDIT 4: heres my idea for the design of doors that open with coins http://oi51.tinypic.com/25a25hf.jpg The black ones will 'cost' the number of coins, while the white ones will just require them.

#15 Before February 2015

Rurigok

No need to double post simply to say what you added to the original post, Alex.

#16 Before February 2015

bgic

lol very old idea is added coindoor and the portal
the keys are very nice
(sorry for gravedig)

#17 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

bgic wrote:

lol very old idea is added coindoor and the portal
the keys are very nice
(sorry for gravedig)

If you are fully aware that grave-digging is against the rules, why bother doing it?

*warning and lock*

Alex 1423490579470853

Board footer