Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

PlasmaVirus

Re: What's your religion?

Non-denominational Christian. I don't believe in the Bible, just God, and his son. I think the events of the Big Bang were caused by some deity of some sort.

#27 Before February 2015

Watashii

PlasmaVirus wrote:

Non-denominational Christian. I don't believe in the Bible, just God, and his son.

Then why call yourself a Christian?

#28 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Watashii wrote:
PlasmaVirus wrote:

Non-denominational Christian. I don't believe in the Bible, just God, and his son.

Aaaaaaand here we go. :rolleyes:

#29 Before February 2015

musuki

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Watashii wrote:
PlasmaVirus wrote:

Aaaaaaand here we go. :rolleyes:

*grabs popcorn*

Hehe, really though, I don't see why threads like this can't stay civil. As long as people don't take things the wrong way or start lashing out emotionally, we should be okay.

#30 Before February 2015

Azarlak

Im pretty much an ateist. If there shows up evidence that there is some god, I will change opinion.

#31 Before February 2015

PlasmaVirus

Watashii wrote:
PlasmaVirus wrote:

A non-denominational Christian is not a specific kind of Christianity. I believe most events in the Bible happened, but not all. I believe there is God, Jesus, and the such. Just not everything.

Also, to the thread creator: I suggest that religious threads should NEVER be posted again. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
But I'm pretty much a hypocrite since I posted on here anyway. xD

#32 Before February 2015

Watashii

PlasmaVirus wrote:
Watashii wrote:
PlasmaVirus wrote:

A non-denominational Christian is not a specific kind of Christianity. I believe most events in the Bible happened, but not all. I believe there is God, Jesus, and the such. Just not everything.

O I see.

PlasmaVirus wrote:

Also, to the thread creator: I suggest that religious threads should NEVER be posted again. tongue

Well, religion and all things related to it intrests me alot. Also; Why not? Discussing religion is both intresting and fun (usally)(not that there have been anything worth of discussing here...).

#33 Before February 2015

Google

Watashii wrote:
PlasmaVirus wrote:
Watashii wrote:

O I see.

PlasmaVirus wrote:

Also, to the thread creator: I suggest that religious threads should NEVER be posted again. tongue

Well, religion and all things related to it intrests me alot. Also; Why not? Discussing religion is both intresting and fun (usally)(not that there have been anything worth of discussing here...).

I agree i like discussing it, but sadly you can't anywhere where there is rules, don't want to hurt anyone's precious feelings.
/Sarcasm
And @ Advancé disliking religion is not racist because it has nothing to do with race, it's just many beliefs that have the right to be questioned and criticized because they simply hold no proof or logic. Just faith, the art of sticking one's fingers in their ears and not listening to anyone who says otherwise about their religion.

#34 Before February 2015

musuki

It's quite sad that people are forced to be shy about discussing religion. Why is it so taboo? Incidentally, why is it any more special than a political or ideological view? I don't think 'people might be offended' is a good reason not to discuss something; not that the aim of such a discussion is ever to offend people.

#35 Before February 2015

PlasmaVirus

Watashii wrote:
PlasmaVirus wrote:
Watashii wrote:

O I see.

PlasmaVirus wrote:

That's true. But it's hard to have a stable conversation about sensitive topics on.....the Internet... (dun dun duuuun)

I know someone on a website who wasn't afraid to tell non-Christians that they're going to Hell. And you can imagine how many people reacted. But, then again, we seem to be having a normal conversation on here so far, so I guess it's fine.

#36 Before February 2015

Avalkiz

Deist

#37 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Atheist...

#38 Before February 2015

InconspicuousBarrel

Agnostic Jew. More specifically; Conservative Judaism. Ashkenazi if anyone is for some reason curious.

I "believe in science." The existence of one or multiple gods has not been proven, and it is virtually impossible to prove that a god does NOT exist (for those who don't understand, it's disproving the existence of something, which is almost logically impossible).

#39 Before February 2015

Alex

The best one, clearly.

I actually developed a sort of philosophical theory about religion, but I don't think I should state it here, as it would **** people off.

But to answer the question, I'm not religious at all.
EDIT: Flare was a Buddhist? That's pretty cool, I agree a lot with Buddhist philosophy, but it's the religious aspect that I didn't go for (as much as I love the idea, and thing it's beautifully peaceful, it just doesn't seem correct to me).

Last edited by alex (Oct 5 2010 12:05:57 am)

#40 Before February 2015

Flare

I was a Buddhist until I found out that Buddhas are deities, not a real, holy, and sacred person, at which point I converted to atheism.

#41 Before February 2015

Alex

Flare wrote:

I was a Buddhist until I found out that Buddhas are deities, not a real, holy, and sacred person, at which point I converted to atheism.

Fun fact: Buddhism is an atheistic relgion.

You could say you're an atheist while being buhdist, or any other religious-like belief that doesn't have a god

#42 Before February 2015

InconspicuousBarrel

Agnosticism or Agnostic Atheism seems the best to me personally, what about to other people?

#43 Before February 2015

robotnikfart

Atheist.

#44 Before February 2015

Azarlak

As we are discussing religion, I'd like to say something I heard somewhere:

If a a man that does not believe in any god(s) does good things that no one will ever know, he is probably a better man than a man that does it just to get into heaven, or reaching nirvana, or transform in a better form in the next life, etc. etc. This is because the first man does it to be good, while the second man does it because he earns something from it. This would mean that a man that believes in some god(s) cannot be as good as a man that does not believe in any god(s) can be.

I hope you read this carefully and think about it, as this seems to be very important in the discussion of religion, at least in my opinion.

Please tell me what you think about this, and please don't get angry at me because of it. I did not say it from the beginning, I did just hear it somewhere and post it here so that you could consider it.

Thanks for reading all this.

#45 Before February 2015

InconspicuousBarrel

I think AZarlak is right. However the quote is partially logically flawed; a religious man can be good simply for the sake of being good, not just to get into heaven or something.

#46 Before February 2015

Zap

1. Religion
2. Politics

2 taboo small talk topics.

#47 Before February 2015

musuki

Do you see a riot anywhere? I'm quite shocked at the general reaction to this thread. There are quite a few comments about why religion shouldn't be discussed. Meanwhile, if you haven't noticed, the discussion so far has been civil. Can we stop with these silly posts now?

Last edited by musuki (Oct 6 2010 5:26:27 pm)

#48 Before February 2015

me

agnostic

#49 Before February 2015

Azarlak

InconspicuousBarrel wrote:

I think AZarlak is right. However the quote is partially logically flawed; a religious man can be good simply for the sake of being good, not just to get into heaven or something.

Yes, but if a non-religous man does it it is always for the sake of being good.

#50 Before February 2015

Watashii

^ Well, (most) christans see the life on earth as a test of whetever you are worthy of getting into the heaven or not.

Watashii 1423490714470718

Board footer