Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

Panic

Re: All you need to know about magic coins and more

They need to make it so that energy magic coins are never wasted. If you have a bunch of tabs open in different coin farms, and you get magic coins in two of them simultaneously, you can only have 1 of them count towards your total energy. For example, if you originally had 210 max energy, and you get a +1 and a +10/refill, you would have to close the tab with the +1 and press the X in the +10, then go to lobby for it to be in effect. In the window of the +1, it would tell you your new max energy was 211. In the window with the +10, it would tell you that your new max energy was 220.
Why can't we have automatic updates and make the window just pop-up simply to inform you?
Because of this, I've lost a +1 max energy, not that it really matters.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#52 Before February 2015

Smiley3

I don't like the idea when people who have a magic level usually have doors just to slow us down. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#53 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

textspace6532445ae356f7.gif
Lol I have 7 of them but I want wizard

#54 Before February 2015

dpalm

Panic wrote:

They need to make it so that energy magic coins are never wasted. If you have a bunch of tabs open in different coin farms, and you get magic coins in two of them simultaneously, you can only have 1 of them count towards your total energy. For example, if you originally had 210 max energy, and you get a +1 and a +10/refill, you would have to close the tab with the +1 and press the X in the +10, then go to lobby for it to be in effect. In the window of the +1, it would tell you your new max energy was 211. In the window with the +10, it would tell you that your new max energy was 220.
Why can't we have automatic updates and make the window just pop-up simply to inform you?

that might be intentional to discourage coin farming with 18 tabs open

#55 Before February 2015

Panic

dpalm wrote:
Panic wrote:

Meh, maybe I'm just really lucky/unlucky. I never go past 3 tabs. ( If that's the wrong word there I don't care.)

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#56 Before February 2015

dpalm

Panic wrote:
dpalm wrote:
Panic wrote:

Meh, maybe I'm just really lucky/unlucky. I never go past 3 tabs. ( If that's the wrong word there I don't care.)

I would guess it's some incompetent coding that causes the problem.

It should be something like update <energytable> set energy = (energy + X) where userid = <userid>
X is the bonus value and is the only variable set in the game session

instead chris for whatever reason made it

update <energytable> set energy = X where userid = <userid>
X is the original energy + bonus value set in the game session

That's just crappy database management. I said it MIGHT be intentional to discourage multiple tabs, but now that I think of it, there's far more intelligent ways of discouraging multiple tabs, and this is just poor design and coding.

Last edited by dpalm (Jan 20 2011 7:00:43 am)

#57 Before February 2015

patrickgh3

Hey, just wondering if i'm not halucinating:
Look at the third chat entry
bcg3z.png

fierboy789 just got awarded infinite energy from a rare magic coin!!! (This was on a coin farm level)
Is this unheard of? I didn't see it in the first post, so I figured I would share.

Last edited by patrickgh3 (Jan 20 2011 9:55:41 pm)

#58 Before February 2015

Xpo20

Lolwut. How do you not see that that wasnt the real magic? That was just them joking around about energy.

#59 Before February 2015

FMaster

patrickgh3 wrote:

Hey, just wondering if i'm not halucinating:
Look at the third chat entry
http://i.imgur.com/bcg3z.png

fierboy789 just got awarded infinite energy from a rare magic coin!!! (This was on a coin farm level)
Is this unheard of? I didn't see it in the first post, so I figured I would share.

It's fake, lol

#60 Before February 2015

coolio

btw when you get +10 energy it says extra magical coin in the message

how come i've never heard of the rare magical coin w/+15 max?

#61 Before February 2015

Cheezburger

K, not sure if this is true, but I heard this morning on the Kong chat that blue coins give out the wiz smiley, is this true? My only internet on the weekend is gonna be my phone, so I can't check, so can someone confirm or disprove this?

#62 Before February 2015

Panic

Cheezburger wrote:

K, not sure if this is true, but I heard this morning on the Kong chat that blue coins give out the wiz smiley, is this true? My only internet on the weekend is gonna be my phone, so I can't check, so can someone confirm or disprove this?

This is definitely not true. This is simply a ploy from people who already have it to make others think it is true, therefore wasting their time. Wizard smiley comes from regular magic coins at a random chance, unless what I hear/see in-game is correct, which is that you need to use the Coy smiley to get it. So far, I say it might be true, as I've been trying to get it as well. Kept getting energy magic coins. The first magic coin I got while using Coy smiley was Wizard.

#63 Before February 2015

Smiley3

Why do people put doors in magic levels?

#64 Before February 2015

Panic

Smiley3 wrote:

Why do people put doors in magic levels?

As I usually say, not saying that it's true, More time = more chance.

#65 Before February 2015

Nightmare

Blue coins DO work!!!

I was at a level full of blue coins(just for fun!) and I won the Wizard Emoticon!!!!!!

My first coin and it was an Emoticon //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I'm so happy!!!

PS.: I think that Blue Coins give the Wizard Emoticon. It worked for me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Nightmare (Jan 22 2011 5:07:35 pm)

#66 Before February 2015

perfectly

Nightmare wrote:

Blue coins DO work!!!

I was at a level full of blue coins(just for fun!) and I won the Wizard Emoticon!!!!!!

My first coin and it was an Emoticon //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I'm so happy!!!

PS.: I think that Blue Coins give the Wizard Emoticon. It worked for me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

well thats something new, i thought blue coins were still useless... have any picture to prove it or the name of the world?

#67 Before February 2015

Nightmare

perfectly wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

Blue coins DO work!!!

I'm so happy!!!

well thats something new, i thought blue coins were still useless... have any picture to prove it or the name of the world?

No :\

I think the world has been deleted or something, I just can't find it...

A tip to get magic coins: play the game. Forget it. When you are not expecting, the pop up will appear //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#68 Before February 2015

Doghana

I dont know wether i agree with the concept for magic coins or not. I mean, magic coins are cool but they make the game more complex. What happened to just simple EE?

#69 Before February 2015

titas

hey did you know if i can get magic coin in open worlds?

edit: yes you can get it i just found a +15 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
and you can find it even in your own world

Last edited by titas (Jan 24 2011 11:48:55 am)

#70 Before February 2015

WELL_

MAGIC: WELL just found a magical coin and was awarded 2 extra total energy!

it came probably with new update.

EDIT: energy bar was also refilled.

Last edited by WELL_ (Jan 26 2011 7:51:14 am)

#71 Before February 2015

Fir3Fli3

Good to know =]

#72 Before February 2015

spencer102

You can also find minor magic coins, I just found one and they give you 5.

#73 Before February 2015

Rhythm

Hey there are also +2's.

#74 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7837 … e356f7.gif
Lol I have 7 of them but I want wizard

Off-topic: What'd you use to make this?