Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

InconspicuousBarrel

[RPG] Diplo 9001

Original thread re-posted with permission from Rurigok due to inactivity.

The war began in 2014 after a catastrophic event occurred with a meteor formerly known as 2012 CH crashed into Earth in Los Angeles, California in the United States. Little did Earth's inhabitants know that on that meteor there was an alien spore colony. The spore colony and its spores were extremely resistant to heat and therefore survived the initial collision with the Earth's crust. The spores were released, and anybody who came into contact with the spores became infected.

The infected have all the characteristics of a normal person, the only differences are that they never sleep, they are inactive during the night, are very violent upon infection but seem to calm after a few days, and if they come in contact with you, you become infected. After you become infected, you have roughly a week before symptoms start occurring. Symptoms include: lack of sleep, irritability, and hunger. A little while after the initial contact with the alien spores, people had become infected all over the world because of infected person(s) traveling by boat and plane. Governments swiftly took action and eliminated all possible infected people, infected or not, and barricaded the cities. There were 6 countries left standing after they fought off the invaders. Those countries are: United States, China, Germany, Russia, France, Canada, and Israel.

Your goal is to survive as long as possible, against both the threat of the infected, and the threat of other countries. Which is more important? Your survival, or the survival of everyone? Use diplomacy to your advantage to share resources, share military, even backstabbing.
The Countries

United States: The United States specialized in adaptive technology before the Start. They still retained their knowledge after the event, and there are a few scattered buildings with usable equipment. The United States also has a rich resource field.

China: China has managed to keep its military intact and has defended its resources well, but there are many civilian riots. Civil infrastructure is barely existent anymore.

Germany: Germany specialized in making cutting edge weaponry. They are currently the most able to defend themselves, but they have no resources to build defenses.

Russia: Russia specialized in covert operations. They are able to infiltrate other countries with ease, they have limited resources and very few technologies.

France: France had managed to remain relatively untouched by the infection, they are however the smallest country with limited resources. USELESS

Canada: The upper parts of Canada had remained untouched by the spores and the infection due to the cold. The rest of the country is uninhabitable as it is overrun by the infected. They have a defensive base setup around the country. LOL CANADA

Israel: Israel managed to keep its aircraft, vehicles and highway system intact, giving them the advantage of active transport and high mobility, but with low resources.

Key Events

December 02, 2014: Initial collision.
December 08, 2014: Symptoms appeared among the infected.
December 09, 2014: The infected became violent and killed all that they saw.
December 12, 2014: The remaining governments killed all possibly infected people.
December 14, 2014: For an unknown reason, the infected stopped being violent and now just wander, attacking sporadically.
December 15, 2014: Current time.

Players & Game Stats

United States: N/A
Resources:
Offense:
Defense:
Espionage:
Technology:
Infrastructure:

China: N/A
Resources:
Offense:
Defense:
Espionage:
Technology:
Infrastructure:

Germany: Zap
Resources: 1
Offense: 6
Defense: Hidden
Espionage: Hidden
Technology: 4
Infrastructure: 2

Russia: Relentless
Resources: 2
Offense: 3
Technology: 2
Infrastructure: 5

France: N/A
Resources:
Offense:
Defense:
Espionage:
Technology:
Infrastructure:

Canada: N/A
Resources:
Offense:
Defense:
Espionage:
Technology:
Infrastructure:

Israel: Barrel
Resources: 1
Offense:5
Technology: 5
Infrastructure: 5

Rules

Every two days is one turn cycle; each country can perform one action per cycle.   Each action has an effect on your country's stats or another country.   The action will be PM'd to me.   Each cycle's changes will be reflected in this post.

Actions:
-Harvest Resources (+2 Resources)
-Build Military Units (+1 Offense, -1 Resources)
-Build Defense Units (+1 Defense, -1 Resources)
-Research (+1 Technology, -1 Resources)
-Train Spies (+1 Espionage, -1 Resources)
-Attack [country] (Attacks the country with all available military, -1 resources)
-Infiltrate [country] (Destroys 1 enemy defense and 1 enemy military if successful, -1 resources)
-Ally with [country] (If two countries choose this action on each other on the same turn cycle, they are allies; prevents surprise attacks and infiltration by the other)

A country is destroyed if all 5 infrastructure points are destroyed.   You destroy 1 point of infrastructure in a successful attack on an enemy and .5 infrastructure in a successful defense.   In a battle, the attacker's offense is compared against the defender's defense.   If the attacker loses, all offensive units are destroyed and subtracted from the defender's defensive units, and the attacker also loses .5 infrastructure. If the defender loses, half of his defensive units are destroyed and he loses 1 point of infrastructure. Example:
-----------Battle-----------------------
        Attacker: 5 O.
        Defender: 4 D.
-----------Attacker Victory!----------
        Attacker: 5 O. (-1 resources)
        Defender: 2 D. (-1 infrastructure)

Last edited by InconspicuousBarrel (Sep 26 2010 12:16:53 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Zap

Re: [RPG] Diplo 9001

I want to be in Germany.

#3 Before February 2015

InconspicuousBarrel

If you want to know your hidden stats, PM me.

#4 Before February 2015

Flare

Can you PLEASE just put a shortened version of this... instructions and such.. it looks interesting and all, but TL;DR. I would read if there wasn't a massive wall of text. Shorten it and I might be the US.

#5 Before February 2015

InconspicuousBarrel

Rurigok added a lot of the stuff, not me.

#6 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I just added rules and the stats, which are the most important parts.   Anything above the subtitle "Players & Game stats" is completely and totally useless.

#7 Before February 2015

Flare

Well, I'm incredibly tired right now, but I'll come back tomorrow and see what country I should be.

#8 Before February 2015

123zack4

ILL BE USA

#9 Before February 2015

Flare

Since the US was taken, I suppose France.

#10 Before February 2015

Burnett

I want to be in Russia.Defense up!

#11 Before February 2015

Flare

France, harvest resources.

#12 Before February 2015

mr glasses

Sounds like an extremly modified and interesting version of mafia.

I'm in. Which country should I join?

#13 Before February 2015

Flare

Are you going to update this at all, Barrel?

#14 Before February 2015

ChaosDemon

russia for me

InconspicuousBarrel 1423510952450480

Board footer