Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

Chimi

Re: Share-a-Script

Jad, it really has nothing to do with that. I set my variables all crooked.

#52 Before February 2015

SmilingNothing

Chimi wrote:
Gamer1120 wrote:
Shinabi wrote:

Ha ha, nice try. I played it, and closed the command prompt after starting it, then closed the notepad. Problem is, it doesn't open them all at once, it waits for you to exit off one. Nice try, though.

Wewt.

@echo off color 0A title Irritating  echo CMD IS EPIC! :reloop start notepad goto reloop

SmilingNothing wrote:

Now i'm working on a operating system kernel. It just shows "Hello World!" on the screen with black background and white foreground, but it will come to v0.1 on next months. Also, if someone has great C programming language knowledge and has experience about system programming, process handling, system security, multithreading and filesystem handling(this is the far easiest one) and wants to help me they can PM me.

When you say 'C programming knowledge', you talking about MS_DOS? Then I could help you out. Lemme know what you want help with.

Sorry for the delay, but you can learn C in a week by googling "c programming language" but it isn't batch scripting. Scripting languages and programming languages are completely different things. Scripting needs an interpreter in its computer, but programming languages need just a compiler and a linker in its developed pc. Then these compiled and linked executable files will work fine on computer if kernel can interprete them. But some people will say:

Hey, you have said scripts are interpreted and now you are saying executable files interpreted too! You are wrong!

Executable files are containing headers and raw data, which headers is very important. Executable files' formats are different, like Unix's ELF and Microsoft's COM, EXE etc. These formats have a general struct like .EXE files contains two headers, one for DOS, the other one for Win32. Because of this, these file formats are interpreted by your operating system's kernel. Again at this point, people will say:

If you're writing your operating system in C and will create an executable file, then who will run this kernel on boot?

OMG, these things are linked together, so if i had said something, then i'll have to say something.

OK, there is something called BIOS(Basic Input Output System). The BIOS copies itself to memory at the opening and runs itself from memory. BIOS basically calls our bootloader on harddisk. Our bootloader has a fixed file type(.BIN) and so our kernel will converted to .BIN. This is easily exporting raw data from executable, and writing it to a binary file. Our bootloader now executes our binary file with copying it to memory and running it from memory(all executables are first copied to memory.). Now, the control is in our hands. Our kernel can't be longer than 1024K, so we'll basically write an executable interpreter to it and run the operating system with it.

Last edited by SmilingNothing (May 21 2011 12:54:19 am)

#53 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Chimi wrote:

Jad, it really has nothing to do with that. I set my variables all crooked.

Still, 10000000 would be 1, which the script said. Switching around the numbers to 00000001 would make it equal some ungodly amount waay higher than 1, so wouldn't the first way be correct? What, exactly, did you do backwards?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#54 Before February 2015

Chimi

IIRC, the problem was that I thought I set it backwards but really didn't.

#55 Before February 2015

SmilingNothing

LOL, after lots of programming, i bored and it has stopped. No kernel to you!(LOL)

But i have a file client that only requires a HTTP server. I can post it here if you want, but it's very buggy.

#56 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

What the hell is everyone saying?

Can I please have the html for EE?

#57 Before February 2015

Chimi

I'm not giving you a copyrighted piece of script, no.

#58 Before February 2015

SmilingNothing

OK, i have improved my file client, so it don't requires any http server. But now i can't remotely access to the server. It needs port forwarding but it doesn't seem to work. So i'm working on it now.

#59 Before February 2015

Betaguy

I made this just for fun lol:
http://www.2shared.com/document/w9Czjbd … cript.html

Just open it in notepad to get the script... meh... just made it for fun no big deal //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by Betaguy (Jun 5 2011 12:57:16 pm)

Chimi 1423610517350915

Board footer