Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

OMG another bot thread!

Sorry, but bots are just so effin awesome I had to make one myself. I actually do need it for a world, though, it's not just for kicks.

I just need someone with a Mac to compile a txt file in Applescript for me, then upload it. Protip: anyone who has a mac has applescript on it.

PM me or post here if you can help, thanks!

[EDIT] Here's the applescript text, feel free to point out any flaws or whatever:

repeat     tell application "Chrome"         set the message to ""         repeat until the message contains "!bot"             set the message to (the text of document 1) as string         end repeat     end tell     tell application "System Events"         tell process "Chrome"             select text box 1 of document 1             keystroke "[Bot] Hello, master."         end tell     end tell     delay 2 end repeat

As you can tell, this is just a test. If it works then I'll build off of it using the more useful actions like a calculator and whatnot.

---

Last edited by Tako (Nov 25 2011 9:37:39 am)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Re: OMG another bot thread!

If only I knew what Applescript was.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#3 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: OMG another bot thread!

It's only on Macs. It's just a program where you can code apps.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Tako142389348867944

Board footer