Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Re: Wierd Questions I have...

jakery wrote:

I call BS. If that were true, then the entire universe would be crushed apart by a black hole by now.

Also, I've never taken a Physics class in my entire life. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Ha, the funny thing is about this though, is scientists claiming to know about this when they've only seen it through a telescope.

#27 Before February 2015

jakery

D-rock2308 wrote:

Ha, the funny thing is about this though, is scientists claiming to know about this when they've only seen it through a telescope.

I don't doubt it. Quantum physics is mostly unproven theory. Astronomy, even moreso. :/

We still haven't solved most science mysteries on planet Earth. How can we be confident about anything we "know" about outer space?

#28 Before February 2015

Twipply

It's really quite painful when people talk of things they know nothing about as if they do.

#29 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Jeremifier wrote:

[Made myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue]

1. The maker doesn't want it; the buyer doesn't use it; and the user doesn't see it. What is it?
Coffin.
2. A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United States citizen. How is this possible?
Boston, Massachusetts referring to somewhere not in the USA?

3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
...How do you not notice a giant mountain? It would still be the highest.
4. Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
Lives in australia.
5. Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a battalion against a German division during World War I. Through brilliant maneuvers he defeated them and captured valuable territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring and Leadership. World War I. From the Men of Battalion 8."
Captain Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to believe that yarn, do you?"
What's wrong with the story?
Why would he get a sword? Also, WW2 was mainly Germany.

6. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or politics, agree is between heaven and earth?
the sky?
7. In what year did Christmas and New Year's fall in the same year?
Every year. Chinese new year.
8. A woman from New York married ten different men from that city, yet she did not break any laws. None of these men died and she never divorced. How was this possible?
10 different new yorks.
9. Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989 American dollar bills?
Misprint.
10. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
Infinity times.
11. A taxi driver was called to take a group of passengers to the train station. The station is normally an hour away, but with traffic being extra heavy, it took a full hour and a half. On the return trip the traffic was still as heavy and yet it took only 90 minutes. Why?
90 minutes = 1 1/2 hour
12. How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door" to make one word? Note: There is only one correct answer.
oneword haha
13. Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never eat a penguin's egg. Why not?
Penguins don't live in the artic.
14. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?
Is, grammar-wise.
15. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
There's no men with wooden legs.
16. There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for admission to the "International Home Show". One of them was the father of the other's son. How could this be possible?
One was female.
17. After the new Canon Law that took effect on November 27, 1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow's sister?

He's dead.

All answers follow the questions.

edit: Also, I looked none of those up.
But I did after posting, and you made none of these up

Last edited by Zoey2070 (May 19 2011 3:24:15 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#30 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Zoey2070 wrote:
Jeremifier wrote:

[Made myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue]

1. The maker doesn't want it; the buyer doesn't use it; and the user doesn't see it. What is it?
Coffin.
2. A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United States citizen. How is this possible?
Boston, Massachusetts referring to somewhere not in the USA?

3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
...How do you not notice a giant mountain? It would still be the highest.
4. Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
Lives in australia.
5. Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a battalion against a German division during World War I. Through brilliant maneuvers he defeated them and captured valuable territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring and Leadership. World War I. From the Men of Battalion 8."
Captain Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to believe that yarn, do you?"
What's wrong with the story?
Why would he get a sword? Also, WW2 was mainly Germany.

6. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or politics, agree is between heaven and earth?
the sky?
7. In what year did Christmas and New Year's fall in the same year?
Every year. Chinese new year.
8. A woman from New York married ten different men from that city, yet she did not break any laws. None of these men died and she never divorced. How was this possible?
10 different new yorks.
9. Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989 American dollar bills?
Misprint.
10. How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
Infinity times.
11. A taxi driver was called to take a group of passengers to the train station. The station is normally an hour away, but with traffic being extra heavy, it took a full hour and a half. On the return trip the traffic was still as heavy and yet it took only 90 minutes. Why?
90 minutes = 1 1/2 hour
12. How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door" to make one word? Note: There is only one correct answer.
oneword haha
13. Even if they are starving, natives living in the Arctic will never eat a penguin's egg. Why not?
Penguins don't live in the artic.
14. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?
Is, grammar-wise.
15. In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
There's no men with wooden legs.
16. There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for admission to the "International Home Show". One of them was the father of the other's son. How could this be possible?
One was female.
17. After the new Canon Law that took effect on November 27, 1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow's sister?

He's dead.

All answers follow the questions.

edit: Also, I looked none of those up.
But I did after posting, and you made none of these up

Yeah, and they are mostly riddles not questions. I guess I'll update with a new wierd questions after I get back from practice.

#31 Before February 2015

jakery

Twipply wrote:

It's really quite painful when people talk of things they know nothing about as if they do.

You must be a masochist, going on the Internet and all. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#32 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

in order to answer these questions, you must first reinvent the universe.

#33 Before February 2015

Jeremifier

Zoey, in the brackets [Made myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue] I meant I made the clown meme myself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#34 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

jakery wrote:

8) She was a harlot

Wrong. She was a priest/minister of some ****-backwards religion, marrying people [to each other]

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#35 Before February 2015

jakery

JadElClemens wrote:
jakery wrote:

8) She was a harlot

Wrong. She was a priest/minister of some ****-backwards religion, marrying people [to each other]

But as a harlot the marriages would have been annulled. That's how it's not illegal.

#36 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

New questions:
Can Bald people have Hairline fractures?

How old are you before it can be said you died of old age?

Why did Sally sell seashells on the seashore when you can just pick them up anyway?

Uh, stupid, but why do sleeping pills have "May cause drowsiness" on them? common sense much?

#37 Before February 2015

jakery

D-rock2308 wrote:

New questions:
Can Bald people have Hairline fractures?

How old are you before it can be said you died of old age?

Why did Sally sell seashells on the seashore when you can just pick them up anyway?

Uh, stupid, but why do sleeping pills have "May cause drowsiness" on them? common sense much?

1) Yes.
2) When your age surpasses the actuarial tables.
3) Because she's good at it. Kind of like the phrase, "He could sell snow to an Eskimo*"
4) Lawsuit-fearing society

*The proper term is now "Inuit," not "Eskimo," but that's how the saying goes.

#38 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Don't worry, Jakery. I don't think there are any Eski--I mean--Inuits on the EE forum.

#39 Before February 2015

Chimi

D-rock2308 wrote:

If atoms shoot at a bunch of mph after an explosion, wouldn't they go through other atoms and cause tiny holes in buildings, ect, and eventually cause it to fall over?

This is why we make buildings out of metal and concrete. It's denser than air, and us, so these particles will not go through, but instead just erode at the microscopic level. Not a huge deal.

#40 Before February 2015

LightShadow

D-rock2308 wrote:
TheGreenTroll wrote:

What happens when something enters a black hole?

It gets tore apart at a molecular level untill nothing is left.

jakery wrote:

I call BS. If that were true, then the entire universe would be crushed apart by a black hole by now.

Also, I've never taken a Physics class in my entire life.

It's difficult to understand, and almost as hard to explain, so I'll let Wikipedia explain:

At the center of a black hole as described by general relativity lies a gravitational singularity, a region where the spacetime curvature becomes infinite. For a non-rotating black hole this region takes the shape of a single point and for a rotating black hole it is smeared out to form a ring singularity lying in the plane of rotation. In both cases the singular region has zero volume. It can also be shown that the singular region contains all the mass of the black hole solution. The singular region can thus be thought of as having infinite density.
An observer falling into a Schwarzschild black hole (i.e. non-rotating and no charges) cannot avoid being carried into the singularity, once they cross the event horizon. They can prolong the experience by accelerating away to slow their descent, but only up to a point; after attaining a certain ideal velocity, it is best to free fall the rest of the way. When they reach the singularity, they are crushed to infinite density and their mass is added to the total of the black hole. Before that happens, they will have been torn apart by the growing tidal forces in a process sometimes referred to as spaghettification or the noodle effect.
In the case of a charged (Reissner?Nordström) or rotating (Kerr) black hole it is possible to avoid the singularity. Extending these solutions as far as possible reveals the hypothetical possibility of exiting the black hole into a different spacetime with the black hole acting as a wormhole. The possibility of traveling to another universe is however only theoretical, since any perturbation will destroy this possibility. It also appears to be possible to follow closed timelike curves (going back to one's own past) around the Kerr singularity, which lead to problems with causality like the grandfather paradox. It is expected that none of these peculiar effects would survive in a proper quantum mechanical treatment of rotating and charged black holes.
The appearance of singularities in general relativity is commonly perceived as signaling the breakdown of the theory. This breakdown, however, is expected; it occurs in a situation where quantum mechanical effects should describe these actions due to the extremely high density and therefore particle interactions. To date it has not been possible to combine quantum and gravitational effects into a single theory. It is generally expected that a theory of quantum gravity will feature black holes without singularities.

Got it? 1xd1

#41 Before February 2015

Twipply

jakery wrote:
Twipply wrote:

You must be a masochist, going on the Internet and all. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Perhaps a bit.

D-rock2308 1423630600330832

Board footer