Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: 2D Worlds - A game like EE... but no copyright! (Hopefully)

You know blend modes, too? Good for you! You know the most basic and important parts of photo editing besides the tools! And I think he's left the thread in shame...

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#102 Before February 2015

LuigiMadness71

Who? Me? CollectionShower?
Anyway the Demo should be up in the next 2 days. If not well... meh.

#103 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

No offence dude,but u got all the ideas of EE,and the smileys are a bit bad... ( make more shading ) ... All you did is steal EE Ideas and added some features

#104 Before February 2015

Epic Smiley

You should post all of the mods up there, I want to know who's involved.

#105 Before February 2015

collectionshower

It's a preview! Not a final draft! If you think that it's my final draft, then it's your problem.

#106 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Dude, I tried to give you constructive criticism, because I thought you would act on it. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who react to constructive criticism as they would to an attack. Like you did when you banned me from your forums. For:
Spamming and creating multiple accounts.
I created the second account AFTER I read that, so obviously a lie. And spamming? Even if all 4 of my posts were pointless, they are just four. And all of them were constructive criticism.

- ShinsukeIto

#107 Before February 2015

Chatteno

TEEHEE.
I think it's just EE, crappified.

#108 Before February 2015

collectionshower

Different55 wrote:

Dude, I tried to give you constructive criticism, because I thought you would act on it. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who react to constructive criticism as they would to an attack. Like you did when you banned me from your forums. For:
I created the second account AFTER I read that, so obviously a lie. And spamming? Even if all 4 of my posts were pointless, they are just four. And all of them were constructive criticism.

Get your facts straight, I said DOUBLE POSTING not spamming. I don't react to it as an attack without a reason. What is my reason? Because THIS IS A DRAFT not the final draft.

#109 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Ok.. i'm not really the one to criticize, but.... i'll try to keep it constructive //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile <-- pay attention to that, so you can't flame me later

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQiyU7u_81o[/youtube]

In this video that i found, idk if this is recent or not, if not please post a newer one.... but in this video, the jumping smiley looks like, how shall i say this, like a little kid throwing a wiffle ball, you know those plastic balls with all the holes? Yeah, he kinda floats... -_- Also, the smiley was a little... crappy.

And the blocks. you said there were more features, so i assumed that meant blocks as well, there were only like.... 6? 7? and the gray brick you took right from EE, the shape, texture, color, design, EVERYTHING. And the Brick Blocks, you only changed the colors.

And the minimap/lobby options.. same font as EE as well.. And the GoTo lobby button has the same font/wording as the original (EE) as well as the Toggle Minimap.

Another thing... Smiley changing? how would that work>

Please tell me if thi was old.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue then i'll feel really stupid

#110 Before February 2015

LuigiMadness71

That was the second draft. The fourth draft video is already out -_-

#111 Before February 2015

Alex

What is my reason? Because THIS IS A DRAFT not the final draft.

Then show the current draft or stop complaining.

I imagine the true story is that you posted as much as you had, got negative feedback, and reacted like a little kid.
And to further extend this 'true story', I imagine you wanted to make an EE ripoff... but you didn't know any coding, so now your learning gml as you go, and continuously suggesting you've already coded things that you can't make, so you're desperately trying to learn to avoid embarrassment... And the combination of stress and fear of embarrassment have made you a bit angry.

But whatever, you're just gonna respond childishly to this, so I don't know why I'm wasting me time.
Seriously, though, stop lying to yourself.

#112 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

collectionshower wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Get your facts straight, I said DOUBLE POSTING not spamming. I don't react to it as an attack without a reason. What is my reason? Because THIS IS A DRAFT not the final draft.

Where did double posting come into this? You banned me for things I didn't do set as your reason, when it appears by ^that post that your reason is that you hated me for telling you your "draft" sucks. I'm trying to help you. I've said this 4 times already, If you do not fix the physics and graphics, they will kill your game.

- ShinsukeIto

#113 Before February 2015

Burnett

Pyshics look like the old EE pyschisics.Graphics look great for beta version.

#114 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

graphics look great? Fine then, just the physics alone is plenty enough to kill your game.

- ShinsukeIto

#115 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Where is this fourth draft? I see it not.. Even on your forum the newest draft is that one

#116 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Pyromaniac wrote:

Where is this fourth draft? I see it not.. Even on your forum the newest draft is that one

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raD95FX1Xj0[/youtube]

#117 Before February 2015

Burnett

Cool physics //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.The problem is in the jumping physic.But you must remove the black lines in the blocks.

#118 Before February 2015

LuigiMadness71

Actually, I think the physics are bad too, but i'm sure Mark has already fixed that.

Oh, and to clear up all this 'Copyright' nonsense, we made a Copyright WORLD where everything is from EE. Even the final boss is an EE smiley. Compare that world to another, and you'll see the diffrence.

Last edited by LuigiMadness71 (Feb 25 2011 5:53:10 am)

#119 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Ooh, that final newest draft aint pretty. Especially the camera. You need to fix that. If I tried to move around I'd practically be moving blindly. Make it so you can't go 10 pixels without the camera following you, instead of whatever the heck that is.

- ShinsukeIto

#120 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Ok.. most of my other pointers STILL apply. The //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral face blocks look exactly the same as in the other game

and in this one, you never actually built anything

Also, the jumping is very.... floaty... It looks like you made the entire video on an animator program...

Also, maybe you should create some unique blocks, the rainbows were the only unique ones i saw in this demo.

#121 Before February 2015

Chimi

You can not post a bad knockoff of a game that so many people love in their forum and not expect to get this kind of response.

#122 Before February 2015

LuigiMadness71

We can expect this, but we just needed to know about this game. Popular or not.

#123 Before February 2015

Chimi

Well, you've heard plenty. I think this topic shouldn't be too active until you finish the game.

#124 Before February 2015

Burnett

Chimi wrote:

Well, you've heard plenty. I think this topic shouldn't be too active until you finish the game.

Agreed!

#125 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

And enough with the smoke and mirrors. Either they are the current vids or they aren't. Don't change your story and accept criticism instead of banning the people who made it.

- ShinsukeIto

Core1680248046797480

Board footer