Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

Cyral

Re: My Game "Zarknorth"

skullz16 wrote:

How's the progress? Is it nearly wrapping up or is there a lot more work to do?

Well most of the core stuff is done, but we need more unique ideas to make it something enjoyable to play.

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#52 Before February 2015

azert

EE Beast, I like your game

it looks like minecraft, but in 2d

665706781.jpg

#53 Before February 2015

Cyral

azert wrote:

EE Beast, I like your game

it looks like minecraft, but in 2d

I never would have guessed

#54 Before February 2015

Fer22f

This is an awesome game people.

And Cyral want me to help him.
And here I'm. I'm making water.
Because you know, water is fundamental in every sandbox game.

Water don't will be like EE or Minecraft that stay there. It will work with pression (but not waves and wind) and also will work better than Terraria one. I'm not sure just if we can beat Starbound one.

#55 Before February 2015

Cyral

Fer22f wrote:

This is an awesome game people.

And Cyral want me to help him.
And here I'm. I'm making water.
Because you know, water is fundamental in every sandbox game.

Water don't will be like EE or Minecraft that stay there. It will work with pression (but not waves and wind) and also will work better than Terraria one. I'm not sure just if we can beat Starbound one.

Thanks for the help with water //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#56 Before February 2015

lucasmaster2000

that game would be nice

#57 Before February 2015

Cyral

Come join the party guys //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile The forums seem active again, 55 posts today!

Also (Late) Ores!

8Nt1rh5.png

#58 Before February 2015

dragonranger

Looks like a pretty good game, could become popular, but i probably wouldn't play it because these are so many games similar to this and i probably prefer unique games that arent really the clique rpg/dungeon style

#59 Before February 2015

NR2001

Does look interesting. Will there be a demo that doesn't require an account?

#60 Before February 2015

Cyral

NR2001 wrote:

We will see when it gets closer to release.

#61 Before February 2015

NR2001

EE Beast wrote:
NR2001 wrote:

We will see when it gets closer to release.

Good, because that is a good way to attract people into your game. A game that absolutely requires registration before any playing is less appealing to the random person who looks at your page than a game with a free demo without registration.

#62 Before February 2015

Cyral

I guess I'll post a rather large update today //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile We have been getting a TON of stuff done lately, Fer22f is still working on getting everything set up (He needs to install windows 7 and backup everything) for his development environment, and Pugmatt is already working and has created some nice features so far.

Last week I spent a lot of time working on redoing the environment stuff, such as new backgrounds, better clouds, stars, better day/night cycle, and a much better system for weather. All of this makes the game feel much more atmospheric.

2ixzt.gif
[size=85]Day/Night cycle (x40 speed)[/size]

Pugmatt added the ever so useful remember me button, took a bit more work than you might think, since we need to encrypt and keep your password safe //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

1ZYk3O7.png
[size=85]Login form with remember me[/size]

With the new and improved weather system, we can easily define chances of snow, rain, storms, or normal weather. So for storms, I added some cool lightning effects (Yes they have sound too!)

2iy7q.gif
[size=85]Spamming lightning around in admin mode (It does get darker when there is a storm, and starts raining, I just didn't want to wait for that)[/size]

That is most of what happened last week, along with a huge list of bug fixes and small improvements.

I started off this week adding some new items, like the mushrooms you saw in the other topic. Then I moved on to fire, how exciting.

2iymf.gif
[size=85]Nooooo my house[/size]

Next up on the list was crafting, finally! I've been meaning to make this forever. You will be able to right click any crafting station (Such as a crafting table or furnace) and craft/smelt the available items.

Yru1bv4.png
[size=85]Crafting table[/size]

Note we have NOT added all the item recipes yet, only a few for testing. Below the ingredients, in the blank space, will be more item stats, and the station it is crafted at, however we are still debating the layout.

Pugmatt has been working on mining, adding break times to blocks and strengths of pickaxes.

2ixrb.gif
[size=85]
Sorry for no pickaxe swing and crappy animation, still working on that.[/size]

I decided last night to finish up the week by adding some proper sand physics, and doing a major redo of how the player and physics are coded, nothing to see there, but it works way better internally.

2iyxb.gif
[size=85]
Sand physics[/size]

Well, see you guys for the next update, this was a heck lot of stuff to post today (and write/record! Thanks to imgflip for the video to gif and hosting)

Also, thanks everyone for being so supportive of the game! We are really coming along and the game is really starting to take shape. Please keep inviting friends and talking about the game! The amount of posts on our forums in the last 2 weeks is DOUBLE the amount of posts since September 2012 - Just 2 weeks ago, that is amazing how active it is becoming and let's keep it growing!

Peace, and don't forget to check out the site!

#63 Before February 2015

NR2001

EE Beast wrote:

Some really awesome updates here

Whoazerz! That's a lot of cool stuff!

Keep us informed, I think we all like the progress.

#64 Before February 2015

Cyral

I made some little signatures you can use on forums and the like to help support us, along with the linked BB Code.
Mini version of "Pyro At Dusk" screenshot
Sig1.png

[url=http://zarknorth.com/][img]http://zarknorth.com/images/signatures/Sig1.png[/img][/url]

Gold and Simple
Sig2.png

[url=http://zarknorth.com/][img]http://zarknorth.com/images/signatures/Sig2.png[/img][/url]

Adventure Enabled
Sig3.png

[url=http://zarknorth.com/][img]http://zarknorth.com/images/signatures/Sig3.png[/img][/url]

Classic Logo
Sig4.png

[url=http://zarknorth.com/][img]http://zarknorth.com/images/signatures/Sig4.png[/img][/url]

Thanks for the support guys!

#65 Before February 2015

DarkMax116

I'm making a game soon too and I was wondering if I could check out your game and maybe 'borrow' a few features from it. Would that be find with you?

#66 Before February 2015

!Sigg✚

This looks awesome, the graphics are so well made. Hopefully this pwns all the other games like this.

#67 Before February 2015

Cyral

DarkMax116 wrote:

I'm making a game soon too and I was wondering if I could check out your game and maybe 'borrow' a few features from it. Would that be find with you?

It's fine with me. But just as a warning, please, don't take too much from other games. We made this mistake after seeing terraria and starbound. We aren't even trying, but you can see how we start to go in their direction because of seeing them.

#68 Before February 2015

skullz17

Do you use pixel art for your graphics? If not, what software do you use?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#69 Before February 2015

Cyral

skullz16 wrote:

Some stuff is still "pixely", but we are trying to use a smoother feel to it. I use GIMP for my graphics, and Smitty uses Paint and Photoshop.

#70 Before February 2015

!Sigg✚

EE Beast wrote:
skullz16 wrote:

Some stuff is still "pixely", but we are trying to use a smoother feel to it. I use GIMP for my graphics, and Smitty uses Paint and Photoshop.

'Paint.net' is really good free software, I use it over photoshop (CS6) a lot of the time.

#71 Before February 2015

Cyral

Just posted a new progress update with the first all legit house!

http://zarknorth.com/forum/viewtopic.ph … p=804#p804

#72 Before February 2015

DarkMax116

EE Beast wrote:
DarkMax116 wrote:

It's fine with me. But just as a warning, please, don't take too much from other games. We made this mistake after seeing terraria and starbound. We aren't even trying, but you can see how we start to go in their direction because of seeing them.

I'm not going to borrow that much I just want to see what kinds of cool features you've got outside the topic of the game.

#73 Before February 2015

Sensei1

When do you think the game is "done"? Like when are we able to play it?

#74 Before February 2015

Cyral

sensei1 wrote:

When do you think the game is "done"? Like when are we able to play it?

http://zarknorth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=133#p642

#75 Before February 2015

Cyral

Wowzers, new forums! Anyways, we have made a TON of progress... A TON! Not going to update the entire topic, but yeah, you can join us at zarknorth.com!

Cyral1423680347281085

Board footer