Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

How to Make a Forum Profile Picture

Okay, I figured since people where whining about how small the profile pictures could be, I thought I'd make a topic on how to make one easily.

Table of Contents
1.Set-up/Materials
2.How to.
3.Wrap-up/Conclusion.

Materials needed(For My method only)
1.Some sort of image. (You can search on google or whatever to find one)
2. MS Paint.
Simple enough?
How To Make your Picture

1.First of all, get your picture that you want to use.
awgra.png
For my example Im going to make one for me.
Let's say a rock. Left click on the image and either put "Copy" or you can "save picture as..", or simple enough, take a screenshot, and press Ctrl+V in that paint window.

2. Then open the picture in MS Paint. (Or if you screenied it press Ctrl+V in your paint window to get it there.)

hraq.png

Crop the image to what you want it to look like.(Make sure the Length By Width numbers ARE THE SAME or 1-3 OFF OF THE SAME or your picture will not resize good. Like this:
ha4wr.png Feel free to put any decorations any time. You can resize it smaller if it comes out ginormous. NOTE: It is easier to put decorations on now than it will be later!

faweaw.png

3. After your done cropping and decorating your image go to resize and then go to the pixels tab and type "60x60" in. ( I noticed that your avatar can be 90x90 if you want too, and can't be greater than 20KB. which it probably shouldn't.)

jyss.png

Your picture should now be the size for the picture requirements. (If not you can go back and resize it to be smaller.) NOTE: NEVER EVER make your picture bigger than it is, this will cause permanent bluriness and you will have start over.

wargaw.png

4. That should   be about it. Go to your profile on the forums and click on personality. Click Change avatar and browse your pictures for your profile pic, then upload it. Whala, your done. I will add some decorational advice and other such into the last part of this post. I will also answer questions about errors that you have. I may also correct some of the mistakes if I find any.

Conclusion and Wrap-up

This should all be very easy to you, but if you need help feel free to post or PM me about it and I'll see if I can help (screenies help) I used a windows computer, but I do not know if it is different for a mac or anything. Remember this is made to help, but it is probably not foolproof and may take up to 10 minutes (at most?) to do. You can also do stuff like this for forum signatures which I may add to this thread, and I'll also add design methods to you who want to make your picture look cool.
PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST.

Last edited by D-rock2308 (Feb 24 2011 4:16:48 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Jeffrey

Re: How to Make a Forum Profile Picture

Im use photoscape its easy and you can do much things with it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

(Making effects, photos HD, GIF animation & Text)

#3 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

wow, thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile really needed help with resizing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Jeffrey wrote:

Im use photoscape its easy and you can do much things with it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

(Making effects, photos HD, GIF animation & Text)

Yep but for those who don't have fancy stuff and have default paint, this can help tons.

#5 Before February 2015

EDJ

Aaaah Internet Explorer
Aaaah Too many toolbars

Other than that nice guide

#6 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

EDJ wrote:

Aaaah Internet Explorer
Aaaah Too many toolbars

Other than that nice guide

Welp, its not my computer.

#7 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Why use paint when you can use gimp?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#8 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Different55 wrote:

Why use paint when you can use gimp?

Because I dont have gimp, alright! >_<!

#9 Before February 2015

Chimi

:O DON'T HAVE GIMP!?

...whats gimp?

#10 Before February 2015

lillsneppe

http://www.gimp.org/ is a free editing software for those who can't afford Photoshop, or just prefer it. And for GNU Image Manipulation.

There's also another free program called Paint.NET. Same thing here, for those who can't afford Photoshop, or prefer it.
http://www.getpaint.net/

#11 Before February 2015

coolio

hey, what about sumo paint????   NEVA FORGET THE SUMO!!!
sumopaint.com

but nice guide.

D-rock2308 1423700113261319

Board footer