Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Semi-Mods

I was not picked because of my high post count by the other mods. I wish I could show you the proof I have, but.... you aren't a mod.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#27 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

why were you picked different?

#28 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Rurigok wrote:
Supadorf24 wrote:

How do we decide the new mods? Voting? Like a ... democracy? Pffft. How about ... the Mod Olympics! Every forum user is given mod powers for one whole day. Whichever user locks and deletes the most topics on that day permenently becomes a mod. And if you think that sounds fun, stay tuned for the Admin Olympics.

Lol, I hope you're not serious about this idea.

I hope you knew I wasn't. 1bigsmile1

#29 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

BRAWLER700 wrote:

why were you picked different?

Ok lemme see....

Uh, nobody had any specific reasons. But there is no mention of post count anywhere. Just history, activity, and the like.

- ShinsukeIto

#30 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

BRAWLER700 wrote:

heres what i think should make a mod. a lot of ppl say postcount is important, but here is what i say about that. you need to be active to be a mod so you dont end up like toby with 16 posts and very little moderation. you are better to be a mod if you have 400 posts than if you have 10, but you are the same if you have 500 or 2000. next, we have to judge whether they will be right with their moderation and not abuse it. if someone like linus21 was a mod, he would ban everyone that hated him and lock to many topics. you have to know what to lock. mods can be allowed to have a few rule breaks. if you look through the graveyard you will find a few useless posts by chewy and different. i will admit i have done a bit of spamming/gravedigging/owning a second account.(btw, most people say i was twipplysucks. just to clarify, i was not. it was jason30). i think we all have broken the rules. just some more than others. but dont take a rule abuser like fail in as mod. last, they need to be active people. like i said earlier, we should look at postcount, but not in he has 1000 so he will be picked over the one with 900 way. postcount means very little, but it matters some. it should only affect whether or not you are selected, not your chances if you are selected. so basically, pick the ones that meet those criteria the most. also, i have a hunch that different was picked because of his high postcount.

halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-nope.avi-obama-poster.jpg
You can take that to the bank.

I'm fine with the current system. Forum needs mods (from growth, etc,). Existing mods and admins who have been here longer than the commoners (that would bring down a vote system) pick people based on their past experiences with said people. There is discussion, and competent mods are selected. Postcount (which, as you said, does signify activity) shouldn't play a role, and neither should rep (unless it becomes against the rules to +rep for winning a forum game, going on a rep rampage and calling people apples, etc.), which currently doesn't matter because of those reasons aforementioned

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#31 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

we have all broken at least one rule. i am just a more active rulebreaker. (700th post)

#32 Before February 2015

jakery

Let's get down to the root of the matter. Forum users often want to become mods so that they can feel important and stand out, or have power over others on the forum. Stop asking; it's not going to happen unless you are truly mod-worthy. Stop making suggestions that they invent new positions so that you can "kind of" be a mod.

Hypothetically, if I were asked to take up a mod position on EE, there's about a 10% chance I would accept.
From experience, let me assure you mod-wannabes that forum modding sucks. Sure, you get "distinction" of being a mod, but with it comes the thankless job of playing janitor to the forum and putting up with all kinds of stupidity.

TL;DR: Stop asking to be a mod.

Last edited by jakery (Apr 7 2011 4:16:14 pm)

#33 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

jakery wrote:

putting up with all kinds of stupidity.

YES!! ^This a million times. Ranges from twillipysucks to chatunlocker to those noobs who keep suggesting you move a topic to the wrong forum. All sorts of stupidity.

- ShinsukeIto

#34 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

twipplysucks was the worst of all the trolls. if it werent for zoey, he would have gotten me banned.

#35 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

I've got an easy questionnaire for people who want to be a mod:
1. Do you want it because of the title and/or power?
If yes, YOU WONT BE A MOD.

Easy. ^.^

#36 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

BRAWLER700 wrote:

twipplysucks was the worst of all the trolls. if it werent for zoey, he would have gotten me banned.

Twillipysucks was the worst? Chatunlocker is definitely the worst of the trolls I've seen. All of that crap just stayed there because there weren't any admins online at the time.

- ShinsukeIto

#37 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Different55 wrote:
BRAWLER700 wrote:

Twillipysucks was the worst? Chatunlocker is definitely the worst of the trolls I've seen. All of that crap just stayed there because there weren't any admins online at the time.

you know you liked chatunlocker.

#38 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Really? I guess that's why I got a warning for flaming him.

- ShinsukeIto

#39 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

chatunlocker gave us free inappropriate content (i didnt see it). twipplysucks got me banned.

#40 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

for a couple minutes max //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Look at the bright side! It could've been longer than a few minutes.

- ShinsukeIto

#41 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

you know you wish it was for longer than a few minutes. come on. who dosent like free inappropriate content. [/sarcasm]

Last edited by RhazhBash (Apr 7 2011 3:23:22 pm)

#42 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Bro, you're sick.

#43 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

fine. ill add the [/sarcasm] to it so you can realize that i didnt mean it.

#44 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

BRAWLER700 wrote:

you know you wish it was for longer than a few minutes. come on. who dosent like free inappropriate content. [/sarcasm]

I was talking about you getting banned. The inappropriate content was on for hours.... which is when I got my warnings for flaming. I bet the mods were pretty annoyed by me, too since I reported every post about seven times....

@chewy I have to agree.

- ShinsukeIto

#45 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

what was this thread even about. it got like this and i forgot that we were talking about semi mods.

#46 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Chewy wrote:

Do you want it because of the title and/or power?

No, I want mod-powers so I can see everyone's IP and go on a hacking spree //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue. Not like I could really do anything with that info... Actually, what info can you get through someone's IP address other than location? Just curious.

#47 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Once everyone thought this one guy was linus, so I grabbed some personal info (facebook, email, name, address) and proved it wasn't. Not enough for anyone to do any damage with, though.

- ShinsukeIto

#48 Before February 2015

SmittyW

There's no point to be a semi-mod. You might as well be a mod then...

#49 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Supadorf24 wrote:
Chewy wrote:

No, I want mod-powers so I can see everyone's IP and go on a hacking spree //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue. Not like I could really do anything with that info... Actually, what info can you get through someone's IP address other than location? Just curious.

that can be annoying at times. chewy used his moderater magic and he knows my real name. ok so it wasnt moderater magic but tell him to quit stalking me. [/sarcasm]

Last edited by RhazhBash (Apr 7 2011 10:51:59 pm)

#50 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

BRAWLER700 wrote:
Supadorf24 wrote:
Chewy wrote:

that can be annoying at times. chewy used his moderater magic and he knows my real name. ok so it wasnt moderater magic but tell him to quit stalking me.

Stalking is a pretty serious crime. Do you have any proof that I'm stalking you?

Monstar43 1423701390260042

Board footer