Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Re: How to be a Surveyor (or better) in a Week!

O_______O Post count doesn't do anything. Having a high post count does not mean people like you. For instance, [joke] no one likes Different55[/joke]. Respect comes with intelligent comments. You're better off if you post when you have something to say, rather than feeling obligated to post X amount of comments in Y amount of days.

#27 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I always post when I feel like talking... obviously.
See, you can tell because right

<there.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#28 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

TakoMan02 wrote:
brawler700 wrote:

from this post, i am offically a surveyor. its been less than a week since this topic was made, so it works.

Thanks for trying it out! You're better then ME.

(I guess I should probably follow my own plan //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

JadElClemmens: I added your suggestions, thanks!

WOO!

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#29 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

supadorf24 wrote:

O_______O Post count doesn't do anything. Having a high post count does not mean people like you. For instance, [joke] no one likes Different55[/joke]. Respect comes with intelligent comments. You're better off if you post when you have something to say, rather than feeling obligated to post X amount of comments in Y amount of days.

You don't HAVE to follow this tutorial.

For some, they love it, and for others, they find it useless. Please spare your time saying it's pointless everyone. I'm not going to take it down until it dies.

~Be responsible. Make the forums run faster. Delete your dead posts. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#30 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Good motto. That leaves for less gravedigging (if it was a popular thread)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#31 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Well, until it's off the first page. We all know how BOOMING the traffic is on the second page.

#32 Before February 2015

Fir3Fli3

I don't know why Alex and others are so negative about this, they just don't understand, as you said, it's a plan for recruits, and it's a good plan. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, but I'm not gonna do it, I can't find 4 topics to post quality comments in every section, and I really almost only post quality comments, and some less-quality at my crew topic, but not much //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Because I agree with you,   you get a +rep from me. =]

Last edited by Fir3Fli3 (Mar 21 2011 11:42:15 am)

#33 Before February 2015

Tudoreleuu

TakoMan02 wrote:

~Be responsible. Make the forums run faster. Delete your dead posts. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I'm gonna do exactly that right now. Good advice, if everyone would'v followed it things such as gravediggers never existed.

Last edited by Tudoreleuu (Mar 21 2011 12:30:08 pm)

#34 Before February 2015

BillyP

It means practically nothing to be a different rank than another user. Having a different word or two underneath your username has nothing to do with how helpful you are, nor how much quality your posts yield. I could have 4500 posts, giving me the 'Construction Manager' title, lacking any quality whatsoever, yet still be misunderstood for someone who should be respected in the forums.

Working your way up to the top rank and taking your time with helpful/useful posts is a better way to go, in my opinion. 1smile1

Last edited by BillyP (Mar 21 2011 12:41:04 pm)

#35 Before February 2015

Deadlord

This is kinda usfell,i can now learn how to not get baned : ) Thanks !

#36 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

BillyP wrote:

It means practically nothing to be a different rank than another user. Having a different word or two underneath your username has nothing to do with how helpful you are, nor how much quality your posts yield. I could have 4500 posts, giving me the 'Construction Manager' title, lacking any quality whatsoever, yet still be misunderstood for someone who should be respected in the forums.

Working your way up to the top rank and taking your time with helpful/useful posts is a better way to go, in my opinion. 1smile1

I've said this twice already: to new people, ranks mean a lot. <-- incorrect statement. Sorry, billy. What I meant to say is: Good quality posts don't take a long time to make for some people.

And yes, they do make a difference. A recruit doesn't know squat about the forums and a construction manager know a lot about the forums.

And just because you're posting a lot doesn't mean your posts are bad quality. If you prefer to take your time, don't use this post. It's kinda useless posting on something you disagree with.

Thanks for the rep guys //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by Tako (Mar 22 2011 6:40:39 pm)

#37 Before February 2015

BillyP

TakoMan02 wrote:

A recruit doesn't know squat about the forums and a construction manager know a lot about the forums.

I'll quote this part of what I said again for your benefit:

BillyP wrote:

I could have 4500 posts, giving me the 'Construction Manager' title, lacking any quality whatsoever, yet still be misunderstood for someone who should be respected in the forums."

Also, I never said that 'just because you're posting a lot,' 'your posts are bad quality,' I said what I quoted above. Emphasis on the second word at the beginning of the sentence, 'could', meaning that someone with 4500 posts could well be posting rich-quality posts, but they could also be posting pointless spam that nobody really likes.

To finish, though, I guess we both have different opinions and it's probably a waste of time to attempt to change each-others minds.

Last edited by BillyP (Mar 21 2011 5:14:53 pm)

#38 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I'm sorry, but we can't end a discussion with an incorrect statement.

First half: Someone that is NEW doesn't know anything about the forums, as in knowledge, not the quality of their posts. Someone that is EXPERIENCED knows a lot about the forums, as in people, places, and what a good post looks like. You just can't be around something for a long time and not know anything about it.
Second half:

BillyP wrote:

I accused you of saying the wrong thing, sorry. In the quote above, you were insinuating that the only way to post a quality comment isn't something you can do quickly, as I am suggesting in this plan, which is incorrect. People who find writing easy can post a quality comment in seconds.

Not everyone is gifted in writing, and I am suggesting you post 15 posts in about 10 or 20 minutes, which may not be easy for some, so I see what you are saying.

However, I agree; we shouldn't continue arguing about rank importance, as we both think differently and have different opinions. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm simply explaining my view on the topic.

Last edited by Tako (Mar 22 2011 6:27:17 pm)

#39 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

-beginning of discussion-
If you don't agree with this, do what BillyP is doing and say why. Same with tako. If you agree, give why. LET'S GET A GOOD DEBATE GOIN' ON!

- ShinsukeIto

#40 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Takes two to tango. Wanna take his place? xD

#41 Before February 2015

jakery

Why would anyone want to spend a week just to get an arbitrary rank in a forum?

#42 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Well, talk to them about that.
It's not taking over your life, either. It's just something to do when you're bored.
I'm so twitchy right now... I can barely type...

#43 Before February 2015

BillyP

TakoMan02 wrote:

Someone that is EXPERIENCED knows a lot about the forums, as in people, places, and what a good post looks like. You just can't be around something for a long time and not know anything about it.

Post counts usually don't have any influence on how 'experienced' a certain forum member is, which is what I've been trying to tell you in each of my posts.

A forum member may just read many topics without posting in them, essentially becoming a more 'experienced' member of the forums just by learning from other members' posts.

Before you say what you said in an earlier post, note that the word 'usually' is underlined. This obviously means that a post count definitely could have an influence on how experienced that user is, but that is not always the case.

Last edited by BillyP (Mar 25 2011 1:01:03 pm)

#44 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

BillyP wrote:

A forum member may just read many topics without posting in them, essentially becoming a more 'experienced' member of the forums just by learning from other members' posts.

I was talking about experience, not post count. GENERALLY; post count yields xp.

#45 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Tako, some admin's messing with you again; you're a recruit.

#46 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Fixing...

Done. I'll bring this up to try and find out who's screwing with you. This is the second time it's happened.

- ShinsukeIto

#47 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Different, can you change titles?

#48 Before February 2015

Smiley3

This trick doesn't work for me. I mean, you can't reach 500 post in one week and become that rank.

#49 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

supadorf24 wrote:

Different, can you change titles?

Why, yes, I can. But as of right now I've reset more titles than I have set. I had to reset my own title because when I first became a mod I set it to Awesomesauce. But right now I've reset 4 and set 2. The other time I set a title was when linus was still trying to get on these forums, but sadly it seems those days are past.... Maybe someone smart will rise and become hated for our entertainment.

- ShinsukeIto

#50 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Sorry for the grave dig;

An admin did that? O:<

Tako1423707259254173

Board footer