Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

No need to verify chat anymore.

There are enough censors on the chat to the point that I don't think Chris should have a Verify Now button for chat anymore.
Anyone else think so?

#2 Before February 2015

Muffy

Re: No need to verify chat anymore.

Meh...the conversations can still be inapproprite even without swear words,but of course I still want chat to be free,but that's what Chris will think.

#3 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

I've always wanted a censor-less and unlimited gaming experience to share with others.

I, unlike many others, disagree on the reference of "nubs" taking over.
I simply don't see that, nubs gonna nub but there isn't anything too trivial about letting the community expand;

and that expansion is an overall plus with a few disadvantages, however
mind the nonsensical rubbish I'd like to get to a point where someone has an actual valid and argumentative opinion.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#4 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

There's no point in the censors anyway, only 13+ or kids with parents' approval buy chat anyway

#5 Before February 2015

capasha

I think it's more common to see penises and bad words written on the world, instead of them in the chat. Because they are censored. Using chat now feels like been in China. Censored totally.

#6 Before February 2015

Master1

When you see the word screw censored, I think that answers your question shyguy.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#7 Before February 2015

imtn

Well, games like Transformice seem to be doing well with chat for all, and little or no censors.

#8 Before February 2015

DK Levels

It's not just about censors, you can still cyber bully people and say rude things generally.

#9 Before February 2015

Deetz

NO!!!!!

Just think of the nubbing if all the little 'uns had Chat!!!!

Also, there are creeps out there (I don't have chat, but they're everywhere) who ask for personal information, and   the little 'uns don't know how to respond to that. They'll just give away their name and adress, or whatever else the stalkers want. At least send an e-mail to parents when chat is obtained.

So no chat for all, just make it easier to get.

#10 Before February 2015

planecool
Website

Well.... I have chat so i don't really care either way.

* CYPH1E > YOU: [I'm] half bot pig man bear.

yEe4NdJb.jpg

50 dollars + salvaged computer parts.

#11 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

I just don't see the point in having to pay cent to verify that you are 13, even when about every single bad word is censored.

#12 Before February 2015

soccerfreak006

there still is the D word, a few more too.

#13 Before February 2015

Master1

I don't understand why we even have censors. We payed for the rights to chat, and proved we're older than 13. We should be allowed to say anything we want because of this. Censors are pointless.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#14 Before February 2015

Deetz

Like I said before, there's still the possibility of stalkers and such. Kids don't know how to handle that.

#15 Before February 2015

Krock

how looks a chat if everybody can chat?
it's confusing or it needs a private chat

#16 Before February 2015

DylanDaSkater

Master1 wrote:

I don't understand why we even have censors. We payed for the rights to chat, and proved we're older than 13. We should be allowed to say anything we want because of this. Censors are pointless.

^ This.

And, since we had paid to verify chat, it should pretty much mean we can handle the free and mature chats(not everyone..), but its not like you can censor 'bad language' in real life, and I guarantee half of EE players have heard a single curse word, or 'bad' word in their life before.

#17 Before February 2015

Michal

deetz wrote:

NO!!!!!

Just think of the nubbing if all the little 'uns had Chat!!!!

Also, there are creeps out there (I don't have chat, but they're everywhere) who ask for personal information, and   the little 'uns don't know how to respond to that. They'll just give away their name and adress, or whatever else the stalkers want. At least send an e-mail to parents when chat is obtained.

So no chat for all, just make it easier to get.

Yes I definitely agree there is million of nubs who don't have chat.

#18 Before February 2015

Bobithan

From what I remember, Chris put in the parental control because of a flood of parent emails complaining about their kids being able to chat online.
I'm not sure if that actually happened though.

ALSO LET ME TALK IN ALL CAPS IT IS FUN

aka towwl

#19 Before February 2015

Zakleo

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

There's no point in the censors anyway, only 13+ or kids with parents' approval buy chat anyway

Totally, totally, totally agreed.

#20 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I'd rather have no censors and limited chatting over censors with everyone chatting, personally. But then again, I **** enjoy swearing like a goddamn sailor, b[x]hes.
And, you know, it's not like the children haven't heard it before. No need to shelter them; either their parents do enough of that or there's really no need.

Edited to censor myself because **** wasn't censored.
Wait, what?

Last edited by Zoey2070 (May 28 2012 11:46:59 am)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#21 Before February 2015

Shift

No. I would prefer that you still have to verify chat in exchange for a censor-less system.

#22 Before February 2015

soccerfreak006

I wouldn't prefer 5000 noobs spamming the chat though. We payed for the privilage, and if noobs get the chat, you will see 50 little "hello <your username>" in your levels. And if they got rid of the parental paying thing, they would have to give us something since we payed

#23 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

soccerfreak006 wrote:

..they would have to give us something since we payed

A cent Refund?

#24 Before February 2015

Persona

?tilla wrote:

I've always wanted a censor-less and unlimited gaming experience to share with others.

I, unlike many others, disagree on the reference of "nubs" taking over.
I simply don't see that, nubs gonna nub but there isn't anything too trivial about letting the community expand;

and that expansion is an overall plus with a few disadvantages, however
mind the nonsensical rubbish I'd like to get to a point where someone has an actual valid and argumentative opinion.

So why the bloody hell do you hate bots so much?

ONTOPIC - Meh.   I don't really give a hoot if we have censors.
I'm fine with or with out them.

Last edited by Persona (May 28 2012 11:10:10 pm)

#25 Before February 2015

SmittyW

It's been made worse, as many innocent words have been blocked. The more asterisks * we see, the more it seems that we are cursing, when we do not intend to.

In general, there shouldn't be censoring, but I don't see the use in cursing. It's just to grab attention.

Shy Guy 142390801853414

Board footer