Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Polis

Re: Art or minis??

SWL wrote:

I personally prefer art.Most of the minis are just those nooby box minis.

You just say like: Most of the art is just smiley art. It doesn't mean minis win then.
Btw without minis it won't be fun to play maps.

#27 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Without art, minismwouldnlook boring

#28 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Minis. Art doesn't give fun or keep the people in the world for over 20 seconds, but minis do.

Quick Edit: 1 more posts and I'm doomed. This might be my last post. If you're wondering why I'm saying this, I have 665 posts. And the number after 665 is... Yeah, you get it.

Last edited by Number1KirbyFan (May 30 2012 12:19:05 am)

#29 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Oh. No.

And I'd have to disagree, as has been discussed previously In this thread, art seems to be what jeeps people in the level.. If the art sucks, it see,s people will leave

Last edited by Pyromaniac (May 30 2012 7:58:33 pm)

#30 Before February 2015

Muffy

Art is the reason why minis get played,bad art,people leave.Good art,badish minis,people still like the level.

#31 Before February 2015

iPwner
Website

Meh. They're both not very essential.. it's more the creativity and concept. ;P Art just shows up on the minimap - that tiny little minimap - and people may think it is pretty, but do not really care that much - it's so small that not many would care. Maybe if there was a way to make art that pretty where you went on the actual playing screen. :> And minis . . . even the "pro" minis end up getting kind of unoriginal at one point. Also, I personally disagree that a level can't be good if it only has art and no minis. They are quite pleasant in a way - classic platforming. Just jumping around and finding your way is sometimes quite nice! Why put in these annoying arrows that seamlessly bounce you around? ;p I wish there were more ways to create minis - if they were, they woud be pretty essential. But the creativity - oh yes. You get to explore new concepts and new ways of playing. ;D The minis and art just kind of end up fitting their way in and being part of the level. It's the creativity that really matters. Yes. Bye now! :3

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#32 Before February 2015

bammetje

art was first my favorite, but now they all make it with ee artist and such, so thats why minisaremy favorite

#33 Before February 2015

dancingfish

A bit of both, but the best for me is fairly was mini games that you play actually WITH others (ie. using keys) that are integrated with art. Just minis is well boring, and just art is only good for about 3.5 seconds.

PS I agree with bammetje

#34 Before February 2015

@iPwner I 100% agree with you, especially on the 'pro minis', or just some random horribly hard minis thrown around at a sea of crowns and keys.
However and kinda complementing what I said, I believe 95% of the levels at the Rooms section would be crappy by your judgement - they're just levels with "OMG GRASS AND CROWNS OMG BROWN BRICKS TROLLED WITH RED BRICKS GROUND OMG THE EXACT SAME TREES WHICH ARE USED BY ALL THE OTHER USERS ALL THE TIME OMG BLUE GATE WATER" type of art, and the kind of 'pro minis' I mentioned.

@people who say bad art makes people leave I understand what you said and that applies to me sometimes, but I bet that a lot of you play mini-only levels like this without discretion.

Besides, guys, the word "art" doesn't mean only minimap art, but playscreen art too. Stuff like this disgusts me a bit, especially the overused ground shading and the crowns being where you could easily use backgrounds or maybe even normal blocks.

(sorry for being a bit finicky on this post, but just wanted to say what I think - and my opinion about it being art or minis is already posted on the 1st page)

#35 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

Both! Bee's art plus EX crew minis... God-like world would that be!

#36 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I completely agree with you 0176 and killing,, but I still like to hang on to the old ways of ee, without bots and crap to do the work for you..

#37 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Let's face it. It's minigames and each and every one of you know it. You wouldn't play a wonderful art level with hooks or tight fit areas very long now would you? Now how about a box minigame level with no art but have the absolute best physic involving minigames ever.

Now, as long as your "art" doesn't include sprites, at first glance, people would usually stay, but if the minigames suck, they would never stay.

Blends are fantastic though. Easy on the eyes, minigames that make the art feel real is what it should be.

#38 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Lol that's you. If a level doesn't have Great art, i usually leave

For example: the only mg crew levels I've ever played are Alcatraz and dreamscape because I love the art in them, I'm not saying the others are bad, but I love those levels' art, so I plyed them.

Last edited by Pyromaniac (Jun 3 2012 6:53:24 am)

Pyromaniac142390821253220

Board footer