Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Coin Idea

got it and thanks but this one is on right now so I don't have to edit it big_smile.png

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#27 Before February 2015

Chidore

Cool but i think that 2 types of coins already are enought, but i don't think the same from crowns

#28 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

so you think red coin -> crown = good idea?

- ShinsukeIto

#29 Before February 2015

Chidore

I mean that i like and i want more crowns //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile and the gold and blue coin already are enought
In MY OPINION a level with too much different types coins of isn't good.
And may you creat a crown for each type of color?

#30 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

ok, I'll make a new thread with all the crowns. Coins to go with the crowns or not?

- ShinsukeIto

#31 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

bump FTW

- ShinsukeIto

#32 Before February 2015

Kuech

I like your idea with these coins and I was thinking, with the grey coins, maybe if you collect x amount of coins, you could go through secret grey blocks?

#33 Before February 2015

Doghana

BillyP wrote:

I have an idea, like when a purple arrow isn't active it should be dimmed or semi-transparent, however when it is activated it should be in full colour. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Good work though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Yea these gravity coins would be soo cool, and yea i agree with billyp ^^^^^^^^^

#34 Before February 2015

Fer22f

It will take much time to decorate all of this: 3

#35 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

^yes, yes it will.

With the gray coins, there are secret blocks that only become solid with the right amount of coins? I don't think that would work in-game. :/ Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

- ShinsukeIto

#36 Before February 2015

mrvalley

from all of this topic, the only things i can see worth adding are gravity spaces that turn on when you collect a certain amount of coins, coin gates, and extra crowns.   everything else seems to just be unnessary.

#37 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

That's pretty much everything mrvalley.

- ShinsukeIto

#38 Before February 2015

Kuech

Different55 wrote:

With the gray coins, there are secret blocks that only become solid with the right amount of coins? I don't think that would work in-game. :/ Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

What I meant was that when you get a certain # of grey coins you will be able to pass through secret normal looking grey blocks

#39 Before February 2015

Nico1a5

Anon wrote:

I like your ideas. These would be fun for new levels designs.

Also, here are the sprite sheets for the coins.
Though Chris isn't likely to use anything from the forum, he's more likely to if he doesn't have to do any work.
Image508.png
Image498.png

correiajoao wrote:

im working in some coins look:

- Green
coingreen.png
- Red
coinred.png
- Purple
coinpurple.png

I hope you like!
(give me reputation +)

i made animated gifs with the coins big_smile.png

coiny.gif coinb.gif coing.gif coinp.gif coinr.gif

Last edited by Nico1a5 (Feb 4 2011 5:56:17 pm)

#40 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Nico1a5 wrote:
Anon wrote:

I like your ideas. These would be fun for new levels designs.

Also, here are the sprite sheets for the coins.
Though Chris isn't likely to use anything from the forum, he's more likely to if he doesn't have to do any work.
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111 … age508.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111 … age498.png

i made animated gifs with the coins http://eeforumify.com/img/smilies/big_smile.png

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6306/coiny.gif http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4218/coinb.gif

THANK YOU! Now I just need to change the colors.

Kuech wrote:
Different55 wrote:

What I meant was that when you get a certain # of grey coins you will be able to pass through secret normal looking grey blocks

Good idea, but how would you know how many coins you needed? Putting a number would ruin the secret element, but you can't have a coin door like that without a number :/ If you figure it out, tell me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

- ShinsukeIto

#41 Before February 2015

Kuech

Different55 wrote:
Kuech wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Good idea, but how would you know how many coins you needed? Putting a number would ruin the secret element, but you can't have a coin door like that without a number :/ If you figure it out, tell me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I figured it out!
-Instead of having the number of coins on the block, you could have the number of coins needed on the top right where the coin amounts are placed. And when the player gets that amount of coins (let's say 100) it would show up as:

{grey coin ->} O:100/100 *You are now able to pass through certain grey blocks*

and that would tell the player that they have collected the set amount of coins and can pass through certain grey blocks. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Kuech (Feb 3 2011 3:42:19 pm)

#42 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

but what if I set block A to 50 and block B to 100?

- ShinsukeIto

#43 Before February 2015

Kuech

Different55 wrote:

but what if I set block A to 50 and block B to 100?

um..... well, uh I guess you could have "upgrades" where you collect 50 coins then it will say:

O=50/100 *you are now able to pass through some (or 1 in this case) blocks* **you will be available to pass through other blocks when you collect x coins*

that's what I have for now.....   I'll come up with some other way of finding a way to figure out that problem later.....

#44 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Hmm... seems buggy to me. It wouldn't work, unfortunately and this is easily abused :/. Keep thinking, though. You've got some good ideas for coins.

- ShinsukeIto

#45 Before February 2015

Kuech

Thanks! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I'll keep thinking throughout the day and hopefully come up with something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#46 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Got anything yet? XD I just had an idea that I'll be posting later. I still need to work on it a little.

- ShinsukeIto

#47 Before February 2015

Kuech

yeah.... when the player enters an enclosed part of the room the grey coins are lit up and when the player collects all of them, the counter will reset to 0 and then the next set of coins will be lit up otherwise, they will be dimmed....

#48 Before February 2015

mario610

Different55 wrote:

I finished the mock-up with the red, light blue, and purple coins. In this level you don't want the purple coins or you can't get the crown.
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m58 … ock-up.jpg

how did you make the level like that?

#49 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Kuech wrote:

yeah.... when the player enters an enclosed part of the room the grey coins are lit up and when the player collects all of them, the counter will reset to 0 and then the next set of coins will be lit up otherwise, they will be dimmed....

AMAZING. So, to make sure I got this right:
Gray timer shows the amount of coins until next group of blocks becomes visible and open. That sound right?

mario610 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I finished the mock-up with the red, light blue, and purple coins. In this level you don't want the purple coins or you can't get the crown.
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m58 … ock-up.jpg

how did you make the level like that?

Step one: make level without the special stuff. (I used the yellow ones for where I would put the reds and the blue for the light blue.
step two: I opened up GIMP and put the photo of my level in there. Change the colors of the coins, and make copies and change them to purple. If you look closely, you can tell I didn't place the purple coins right in the middle and the purple coins are all on the same frame of the animation.
step three: Take a pic of the spawn point and edit it to be blue and put the number everywhere it is needed.

Last edited by Different55 (Feb 5 2011 12:11:12 pm)

- ShinsukeIto

#50 Before February 2015

mario610

ok, i thought you were actually playing on the level instead of editing the photo of the level, but thanks 4 telling me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Different551423728306233126

Board footer