Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Calicara

My solution to guests

Ok. While I like some aspects ok jakerys solution, I do think guests should be allowed a little more freedom. Here is my ideas on guests.

1. Obviously guests should not be added into the total amount of people in a world, thus people cannot abuse them to put their level at the top of the lists

2. Guests should be allowed to PLAY any level on the level list, but NOT edit.

3. Guests should have the ability to make and edit their OWN worlds, but NOT other worlds. This way they can't troll worlds.

4. There should be a separate bar for guest worlds. ONLY guests can edit their worlds, no one else. This will prevent a guests world from getting trolls.

5. Guests should be able to edit open worlds

6. Guest should be given a time limit as to how long they can play before they must sign up for an account. So they can't be guests forever.

This solution solves the cloning problem, trolling problems, and at the same time they get to try out all of everybody edits features INCLUDING editing.
These ideas are 100% mine, so tell me what you think //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#2 Before February 2015

Shift

Re: My solution to guests

My thoughts:
1. This would certainly stop guest-bombing, so I like it! It would be pretty weird to enter a room with one person, and then see thirty seven guests, though...
2. That may be a bit strict... but as long as it's only on locked worlds, that's fine.
3. Pretty much the same as #2.
4. Okay, it started out confusing, then got strict. I don't know what to say here.
5. Lol they BETTER be!
6. This one I completely disagree with. First of all, there's no way for Chris to track the amount of time a guest has been playing EE. Second of all, this will actually deter some players from become members.

#3 Before February 2015

Calicara

1. This would certainly stop guest-bombing, so I like it! It would be pretty weird to enter a room with one person, and then see thirty seven guests, though...

Agreed

2. That may be a bit strict... but as long as it's only on locked worlds, that's fine.

This way people cannot create guests to troll worlds

4. Okay, it started out confusing, then got strict. I don't know what to say here.

This way people cannot troll a guests level. See if a guest made a level to try out the editing mode, and someone came and trolled it, they might feel discouraged and not sign up for an account because they don't want to be around trolls.

6. This one I completely disagree with. First of all, there's no way for Chris to track the amount of time a guest has been playing EE. Second of all, this will actually deter some players from become members.

What I mean is a time trial.

More specifically

A short story:

A new guest comes to the game. He is intrigued, but not so sure he wants to sign up. He signs up for a guest account. Yes, an account for guests. All he has to put is a username. Now he can try out all of EE's features, both playing and editing. Well now that he can do everything as a guest, why bother signing up? He decides to stay a guest forever.

While the guest system encourages people to PLAY, you also want to encourage them to make an account. So with a limited trail like " 1 hour" or so. People will leave wanting more and so they will sign up to play Everybody Edits.

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 19 2011 8:18:11 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

About the whole "guests can't edit", what's the point of EE if you can't edit other people's worlds?

It's not "Everyone Except Guests Unless They're in They're Own World Edits", it's "Everybody Edits". My solution to this problem is a whole new topic.

Basically you have a pause button. When you hit the pause button, everyone freezes (but the players continue to play). Anyone you double-click on gets kicked. This way, if you see a trolled mess, just hit pause, then god-mod your way over to the scene of the crime, can double click on the person. Caught them red handed.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#5 Before February 2015

Calicara

Basically you have a pause button. When you hit the pause button, everyone freezes (but the players continue to play). Anyone you double-click on gets kicked. This way, if you see a trolled mess, just hit pause, then god-mod your way over to the scene of the crime, can double click on the person. Caught them red handed.

Pause or no pause you cannot force someone to stay in a level. After you pause it they will leave before you find them.

#6 Before February 2015

Shift

Failgirl, you missed something:

TakoMan02 wrote:

When you hit the pause button, everyone freezes (but the players continue to play). Anyone you double-click on gets kicked. This way, if you see a trolled mess, just hit pause, then god-mod your way over to the scene of the crime, can double click on the person. Caught them red handed.

He said everybody continues to play while the owner pauses it. Therefore, the troll doesn't know when it's paused, so he can't leave beforehand. Besides, if he leaves, wouldn't that be doing your job for you? Kick = leave.

#7 Before February 2015

Calicara

Ah, ok, so like a screen shot. Interesting idea.

Calicara 1423729915231517

Board footer