Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

No guests have killed play counts, but here's a way to bring them back

Yes, you heard me, guests need to come back, but not as guests, k?
People who cannot register or do not wish to can use just a username, but cannot use the shop, This way, guests have usernames and can be kicked, but people now can be a guest whilst having a username.
Pros:
More people will be playing e.e., as most of the people who play it are 12 and below in age.
Guests will now be kickable.
Cons:
Guest filling again, but you can make it to where only so many people from one I.P. can be in a world at one time, which should be 5 instead of 3.
I had this idea while chatting with someone on e.e., it hit me, so i figured i'd post it here for all to see.

Last edited by The First Gamer (Apr 23 2011 7:55:07 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

dragerex

Re: No guests have killed play counts, but here's a way to bring them back

Maybe the guests have a different thing to tell if they are guests or not like a different colour username or something?

#3 Before February 2015

rdococ

You can still play with them here. It will take you to an SWF game viewed on the internet, which is basically an older version of the game itself.

#4 Before February 2015

Betaguy

rdococ wrote:

You can still play with them here. It will take you to an SWF game viewed on the internet, which is basically an older version of the game itself.

Dude wow how did u do that, then it is still guests :O:o:o

#5 Before February 2015

They should have an grey or (a kinda tranparent) username, to prevent impersonating.

Last edited by 0176 (Apr 25 2011 8:58:23 am)

#6 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Got it, how about the usernames below the smileys show as username*guest* Yet when we kick them, all we do is put in the username with the guest at the end.

#7 Before February 2015

Betaguy

The First Gamer wrote:

Got it, how about the usernames below the smileys show as username*guest* Yet when we kick them, all we do is put in the username with the guest at the end.

Or just go to that site rdococ posted...

#8 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

I think that they should have numbers (Ex. Guest1302)
So they can be kickable

#9 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Pawlowic wrote:

I think that they should have numbers (Ex. Guest1302)
So they can be kickable

When beta and free merged some time ago, that's how it was, guest1, guest2, etc.

#10 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Yes,And guest just have regular smileys...They should also pervent entering the same world more than 3 Times (Ex.You can not place more than 3 guests,only 2)

#11 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

+1 idea: If a room is full, then the joining members should auto-kick guests.

#12 Before February 2015

rdococ

Betaguy wrote:
rdococ wrote:

It's where the older version of Everybody Edits with guests are installed into. If the link wasn't there, Chris couldn't host that version of EE! I do not know where EE 0.4 is installed tho. However MEGASWF also has a version of EE, but I don't know if it has guests or not.

#13 Before February 2015

Betaguy

rdococ wrote:
Betaguy wrote:
rdococ wrote:

It's where the older version of Everybody Edits with guests are installed into. If the link wasn't there, Chris couldn't host that version of EE! I do not know where EE 0.4 is installed tho. However MEGASWF also has a version of EE, but I don't know if it has guests or not.

Yes but when ppl get this link, everyone will be guests again, cause its the same server... :O

#14 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Betaguy wrote:
rdococ wrote:
Betaguy wrote:

Yes but when ppl get this link, everyone will be guests again, cause its the same server... :O

So mayhem is on the brink for e.e.?

#15 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

how about we also add an option to make a world for registered users only - AKA no guests allowed? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

The First Gamer 1423730103231329

Board footer