Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

BillyP

Re: Get your money back when banned

TakoMan02 wrote:

Being banned often has little to do with the items themselves, making your example irrelevant. It's just good morals I'm talking about. Doing the right thing.

In no way is it right to allow them to buy and not use, no matter what happens. It doesn't matter if the person shared their account, spams the chat and gives death threats. They spent A LOT of money, and they deserve at least a portion of that money back to them in the case they get banned.

And what about accounts that get hacked and then banned? Just imagine how **** off you'd be if you went on vacation after buying $100 worth of gems only to find when you get back that you were banned.

And, if you like examples, try this one on for size: You just bought a backpack. You buy a couple diamonds, and put it in your backpack. Later that day, you punch some kid in the face. They take your backpack [and it's contents] away from you forever.

How on earth is that morally right?

[EDIT] Also, chat and beta = nothing.
[EDIT 2] ALSO, the whole point is to return some of your money. It doesn't have to be a full refund.

They've done wrong - why give them their stuff back for doing wrong? They could keep doing wrong over and over again with the reward of their stuff back. How is this good in any way?

Also, if they really cared about the money they've spent on the game, why did they get themselves banned?

Last edited by BillyP (Jul 22 2011 1:19:32 pm)

#27 Before February 2015

DK Levels

lolno.
This is a really crap idea.
Once you buy something it is your responsibility now to take care of it, its yours, therefore if you screw up, your fault, you shouldn't get your money back.
That's like going to a shop to buy a phone, dropping it on the ground so your screen cracks and demanding a refund because you thought the screen wasn't strong enough...
THIS.
IS.
A.
STUPID.
IDEA.
Why did you think of this?

#28 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

DK Levels wrote:

lolno.
Once you buy something it is your responsibility now to take care of it, its yours, therefore if you screw up, your fault, you shouldn't get your money back.
That's like going to a shop to buy a phone, dropping it on the ground so your screen cracks and demanding a refund because you thought the screen wasn't strong enough...
THIS.
IS.
A.
STUPID.
IDEA.

Because I was looking at Iraka's profile, and it occurred to me that he spent $500+ on this game, and the mere fact that we have the right to take it all away sounds a bit cruel.

Is that really a good punishment? I thought being banned WAS your punishment, but now we take away 500$ worth of items?

I understand that they are used, which is why I'd suggest only giving them half of their money back.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#29 Before February 2015

DK Levels

TakoMan02 wrote:
DK Levels wrote:

lolno.
THIS.
IS.
A.
STUPID.
IDEA.

Because I was looking at Iraka's profile, and it occurred to me that he spent $500+ on this game, and the mere fact that we have the right to take it all away sounds a bit cruel.
Is that really a good punishment? I thought being banned WAS your punishment, but now we take away 500$ worth of items?
I understand that they are used, which is why I'd suggest only giving them half of their money back.

I'm fairly certain that Iraka is a girl around the age of 12 so I wouldn't exactly say she spent $500 on the game in the first place...
So taking that away isn't cruel imo. Even then, I think its fair, it was her responsibility , she screwed up therefore she shouldn't be allowed to get her money back.
Being Banned is a punishment for you and your actions, the thing's she bought were her property so as a result of her actions, were taken away from her.

#30 Before February 2015

BillyP

DKLevels is right.

If you really cared about the items you've bought with moneys, I'm pretty sure you'd do anything that won't lead to you being banned, right?

If a shopkeeper who earns $200000 gets fired for smashing me in the face with a brick while I'm looking for a Galaxy bar, should he get his $200000 job back?

Last edited by BillyP (Jul 22 2011 1:58:04 pm)

#31 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

"If you REALLY cared about your stuff than why would you get banned?"

It doesn't have to be that way, and I've said it doesn't have to be a full refund thrice now. Maybe a half refund.

Another thing: We don't have a terms of service. How do they know they're disobeying the rules if there are none written down?

And I'd also like you to disagree with this point as well:

And what about accounts that get hacked and then banned? Just imagine how **** off you'd be if you went on vacation after buying $100 worth of gems only to find when you get back that you were banned.

Lemme guess: Tough luck, get over it? That's no way to deal with a problem.

Last edited by Tako (Jul 22 2011 2:34:06 pm)

#32 Before February 2015

DK Levels

"If you REALLY cared about your stuff than why would you get banned?"
It doesn't have to be that way, and I've said it doesn't have to be a full refund thrice now. Maybe a half refund.

It kind of does. And you got explained to you more than thrice why any refunds should be given. Also. Think about this. If some people got full refunds and some got halfs, you would have even more complaints and comments about scame.

Another thing: We don't have a terms of service. How do they know they're disobeying the rules if there are none written down?

Okay, this I agree with , they should put a quick list of rules that could get you banned as you are making a new account, just a little easy to read list so the kids and people who don't understand much English can understand.

Actually, my response is this, I wouldn't , and I'm also pretty sure no one else would, buy $100 worth of gems. Not spend it, knowing I'm going on holiday... and just leave the gems hanging on my account.
However if did this happen then obviously I would have done something wrong, try to find out what I've done and reason it out if possible, if I was still banned I would obviously be extremely **** but If I wouldn't have been able to get my account back then I obviously deserved it.

#33 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

No, what I mean is everyone gets half-refunds. Is there a problem with that? It's not an incentive to misbehave, because you're still at a loss. It's just a kind way to kick you out the door with your belongings.

Last edited by Tako (Jul 22 2011 3:02:47 pm)

#34 Before February 2015

BillyP

TakoMan02 wrote:

Yes, actually. If you really cared about the thing you've bought with gems, you'd have set a stronger password/not given your account details away to a stranger, right?

Takoman02 wrote:

It's just a kind way to kick you out the door with your belongings.

'Hey! Thanks for sending me a death threat, hacking my accounts and buying stuff from my Paypal - here's your Big Spender and 64 diamonds!'

No. Just.. no. Adapting on that idea, what if someone hacks your Paypal account, buys a Big Spender on their account which then goes on to get banned? They can still enjoy their lovely Big Spender whilst you sit there, heartbroken, knowing that someone is hopping up some stairs with a lovely $50 Big Spender that was bought with your money.

Other than that... I agree that we definitely need a Terms of Service. But until then, this idea isn't good.

Last edited by BillyP (Jul 22 2011 6:29:17 pm)

#35 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

BillyP wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:

Yes, actually. If you really cared about the thing you've bought with gems, you'd have set a stronger password/not given your account details away to a stranger, right?

Takoman02 wrote:

It's just a kind way to kick you out the door with your belongings.

'Hey! Thanks for sending me a death threat, hacking my accounts and buying stuff from my Paypal - here's your Big Spender and 64 diamonds!'

No. Just.. no. Adapting on that idea, what if someone hacks your Paypal account, buys a Big Spender on their account which then goes on to get banned? They can still enjoy their lovely Big Spender whilst you sit there, heartbroken, knowing that someone is hopping up some stairs with a lovely $50 Big Spender that was bought with your money.

Other than that... I agree that we definitely need a Terms of Service. But until then, this idea isn't good.

You're over exaggerating on one word. When I say "kind", I don't mean everything is sunshine and rainbows. Kind meaning not harsh. "You hacked. Leave, and you know all that stuff you bought? We're keeping them" is what we're doing right now.

Explain to me how that's right.

#36 Before February 2015

BillyP

TakoMan02 wrote:

It's right because of the following:
       - If you cared enough about the stuff you've bought, you wouldn't have got yourself banned in the first place
       - 'You go on vacation and get back only to find your account has been hacked and banned and you've lost your big spender' ... how would administrators possibly know who's telling the truth about being hacked and who's lying about it? They could've just done wrong and got banned, but blame that on a hacker that doesn't exist. Explain to me how this is secure in any way.
       - Currently, being banned and losing your stuff is something that should scare people and push them away from doing wrong. However, if you'd get given your stuff back, you'll only scared of being banned from the game, which, let's be honest, isn't the worst thing on the planet.

Last edited by BillyP (Jul 23 2011 5:53:56 am)

#37 Before February 2015

DK Levels

TakoMan02 wrote:

You're over exaggerating on one word. When I say "kind", I don't mean everything is sunshine and rainbows. Kind meaning not harsh. "You hacked. Leave, and you know all that stuff you bought? We're keeping them" is what we're doing right now.

To me what you're saying is like:
Someone goes and rob's a bank, then they go out, buy a bunch of expensive things but later get arrested, but it would be fine because he would get his expensive things back despite being in prison.

Explain to me how this is possibly right.

#38 Before February 2015

iYam

It's not a good idea when a shared account get banned and 100 people get 10$ each for no reason if they have his email and password.

Last edited by iYam (Jul 23 2011 1:23:08 pm)

#39 Before February 2015

hisss

Different55 wrote:

you are getting mad... over a penny that chris doesn't even have? Paypal has your penny, not Chris. Paypal takes a fee from every purchase of every EE user. 1 cent is well below that fee, so they take the penny. Chris has not made one cent off of chat.

your looking at the penny not the games major glitch.
great job at moderating https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#40 Before February 2015

SWL

Very good idea! +rep for you!

Last edited by SWL (Jul 24 2011 3:30:32 pm)

#41 Before February 2015

epicstonemason

I say:

If you buy it then it is your loss. There is no conversion.
Money = gems; Gems ? money.

#42 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

So that's why you don't want us to give half refunds? To scare them into behaving?

Sounds a bit too cruel.

#43 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

I totally think giving their money back is ridiculous. Chris is as greedy as it is, and he's probably spent it all on himself anyway. And it's really hard to get banned from EE, unless your a real nuisance. Just use common sense and you will stay in the game unharmed.

#44 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Shy Guy wrote:

I totally think giving their money back is ridiculous. Chris is as greedy as it is, and he's probably spent it all on himself anyway. And it's really hard to get banned from EE, unless your a real nuisance. Just use common sense and you will stay in the game unharmed.

But think about Iraka. Hundreds of dollars.

Of course, it was stupid of her / her parents to spend so much money on an online game, but nevertheless it's just overwhelming how we can just take away 710 coin doors, 16 spawns, 160 portals, a diamond and big spender just because she gave her account info away to the public. Seems a bit too harsh.

Saying 'it's just a way to scare people into not misbehaving' is simply ridiculous. If you want to scare people into not misbehaving find a different input other than other people's hard-earned money.

I know you all have your morals and I have mine, but really, just stop and think. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Your version of EE is a trashcan. You throw $10, then a penny, then $20, then maybe $5 in the trashcan. You get angry at the trashcan for whatever reason and start punching it. Then the trashcan disappears with all your money. What a waste. And for what? Breaking a rule that was never told to you? The items you bought are YOUR items, and it's not theirs to take away.

Last edited by Tako (Aug 1 2011 10:01:58 pm)

#45 Before February 2015

iYam

TakoMan02 wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:

But think about Iraka. Hundreds of dollars.

Of course, it was stupid of her / her parents to spend so much money on an online game, but nevertheless it's just overwhelming how we can just take away 710 coin doors, 16 spawns, 160 portals, a diamond and big spender just because she gave her account info away to the public. Seems a bit too harsh.

Saying 'it's just a way to scare people into not misbehaving' is simply ridiculous. If you want to scare people into not misbehaving find a different input other than other people's hard-earned money.

I know you all have your morals and I have mine, but really, just stop and think. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Your version of EE is a trashcan. You throw $10, then a penny, then $20, then maybe $5 in the trashcan. You get angry at the trashcan for whatever reason and start punching it. Then the trashcan disappears with all your money. What a waste. And for what? Breaking a rule that was never told to you? The items you bought are YOUR items, and it's not theirs to take away.

Maybe we should have rules to agree before joining.
We all know no one really reads them, but maybe the paying parents will read them before they buy.
Plus it will cover up Chris legally.

You know, sharing your account is ONLY your fault. Why people do so stupid that they can help it and they give their account pass? Is it that attractive?

Did you ever see a coin slot machine or what so ever when you tilt it it gives you all the 100$ you put? NO! It's makes an annoying noise so that the place owner will come and ban you. SAME! You share your account here, someone see it and report (the noise) and the admin (place owner) comes and ban you.

Think about it, it doesn't even make sense to give back the money. You did a massive mistake in senses of ban, you don't deserve your money, that's all!

If you really wan't it, maybe a better suggestion will be timed ban.

Last edited by iYam (Aug 2 2011 12:38:16 am)

#46 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I like this idea. Maybe it's only because I spent like 200 bucks on this game.

#47 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

iYam wrote:

Did you ever see a coin slot machine or what so ever when you tilt it it gives you all the 100$ you put? NO! It's makes an annoying noise so that the place owner will come and ban you. SAME! You share your account here, someone see it and report (the noise) and the admin (place owner) comes and ban you.

Cheating to gain money =/= creating a mild annoyance

#48 Before February 2015

catking00

the thing is, most people who spent $100 got hacked, not shared it. they got banned. THEY deserve a new account with all the stuff they had. not a refund. but people like joehoekstra who shared it on purpose should get no refund, no nothing.

#49 Before February 2015

Nighter

Well, How about this, If you get banned for someone hacking your account. THEN DEAL WITH IT. Or if you share your account on purpose and get banned, then what if you change the password and ask if you could get un-perma banned. But if you share it again on purpose. Then no un-banning. Like the 1st perma ban is a warning, the 2nd is perma banned forever.
Anyone agree with me?

OFFTOPIC: Stanerhyi I am gonna -REP you for abusing caps on 1 post. Cause its the rules to not abuse caps in one post. You get a warning by a moderator I think.

#50 Before February 2015

Master1

^I would sa something about your OFFTOPIC comment but I dont want a warning also

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Tako1423733744227688

Board footer