Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#251 Before February 2015

Splash

Re: Everybody Edits Easter 2011: The winners!

Bon, les gens, je vais faire une pause.

Je découvre un jeu bien cool où on peut créer des cartes sympa; mais bon il ni a aucune reconnaissance.
Je créer plein de chambres, jouables, où énormément de players viennent (genre 1 map à + de 165.000 personnes) + des chambres avec plein de portes à pièces (environ 500 portes).

Pour la nouvelle année, j'étais en retard d'un tout petit peu pour l'inscription, j'ai quand même participé à coter, + de 20.000 personnes sont venu voir. Et rien pour ma gueule, pas inscrit et trop tard.

Là, je me dis, je vais me faire "pâques"; pure map, pareil plein de gens viennent voir; résultat: "Merci d'avoir participé".

On s'en fou de savoir si le ou les gens s'investi dans ce jeu ou non; c'est pour seulement les gens qui assurent niveau graphique (réalisation du rendu sur la minimap en bas droite (pff))

PS: Please translate into English; I'm fed up to make it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by: (2)

#252 Before February 2015

benedanika

Can you announce again when my level got there? I will say "Trick or treat!" if i am done with the level. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#253 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

D-rock2308 wrote:

I think your review of my level is dumb.
First you say its easy then too hard? And if you aren't good at minis you shouldnt judge em. If I recall your level was exploitable, easy to fall back, and weren't fun. Anyway, the path isn't direct, your free to go anywhere if a minigame is to hard, find another, it only took 37 to win.
You found shortcuts? I doubt it. Its also hard to shade with the grays we have.
Rpg said our gameplay was fun, dunno, but hyour strongly opinionated to your/other levels.
Id yell at you about the others too but I'm on a touchscreen and is hard to type

And
'Seriously? Go make a better level.'
It seems like I'm being met with a lot of criticism over my reviews, mainly because people think I'm complaining that my level didn't win.

"Before you tell me I'm only saying this because my level didn't get picked, I came up with some of these reasons before I even noticed that my level wasn't there."

Let's break this down:

D-rock2308 wrote:

First you say its easy then too hard?

The minigames weren't of uniform difficulty, which is good. It was easy at first, but then they became too hard for me to pass.

D-rock2308 wrote:

And if you aren't good at minis you shouldnt judge em.

I wasn't entirely judging them on their difficulty, but on how fun they are. I may not be good at minigames, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to see if it's fun or not.

D-rock2308 wrote:

If I recall your level was exploitable, easy to fall back, and weren't fun.

D-rock2308 (to TakoMan) wrote:

Your level was good

I wasn't complaining that my level didn't beat yours, though, was I?
also,
I was on Tako's team, bro.

D-rock2308 wrote:

Anyway, the path isn't direct, your free to go anywhere if a minigame is to hard, find another, it only took 37 to win.

Alright, fair enough.

D-rock2308 wrote:

You found shortcuts? I doubt it.

I found shortcuts through certain minigames, not through entire sections

D-rock2308 wrote:

Its also hard to shade with the grays we have.

if you have factory pack and beta, you should have 5 grays, enough to shade with. The castle used 2, maybe 3 grays.

Last edited by JadElClemens (Apr 22 2011 12:03:23 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#254 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

The minigames weren't of uniform difficulty, which is good. It was easy at first, but then they became too hard for me to pass.

Difficulty Curve.

I wasn't complaining that my level didn't beat yours, though, was I?
also,
I was on Tako's team, bro.

Yes, I   know that. After I went through the level I'm sure you guys got rid of exploits. ( I HOPE) and the art was great.

I found shortcuts through certain minigames, not through entire sections

Or they were the correct way through as there were many different ways to complete one minigame. The level was more free, and the exploits were surely removed.

if you have factory pack and beta, you should have 5 grays, enough to shade with. The castle used 2, maybe 3 grays.

The beta gray and the white are hard to tell the different   between on a small scale, same with the two factory grays. The regular gray is very close to the dark factory gray. Once again, hard to shade on a small scale.

#255 Before February 2015

willard b

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

If anyone wants to discuss how to improve how we handle the contests, please post in BEE's topic here: http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=7105

Please remember that if we made any changes whatsoever to any of the choices, I will guarantee you to 100 % that the exact same feedback/complaints will be made by people who feel that said maps didn't deserve to win. A perfect system simply does not exist, as explained very thoroughly in the topic I linked.

That's why I think the EE community just shouldn't attempt to have contests like this, on the grounds that there is no legit way to make said contests seem fair to the majority of such a big gaming community. So in the future I (personally) hope there wont be any more events/ contests like this.

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

^What Pike270 said.

The way I see it, people should quit getting all mopey about not winning the contest and should instead focus on all the good that came from joining the contest in the first place. Personally, I never get all whiny whenever I'm facing off against a competitor and I lose, I learn from my mistakes and improve until next time. This way of thinking is literally my whole foundation for how I go about making graphics/music/video and it's been very fruitful in terms of results.

So I ask you who did not get in to the top 10, don't ever give up because of a single contest of an online multiplayer game. Learn from your experiences and improve! Beat those who beat you!

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral Is that supposed to be a pep-talk?
My advice is rule 15. "The harder you try the harder you will fail."

Last edited by willard b (Apr 22 2011 12:41:13 pm)

#256 Before February 2015

Shift

willard b wrote:

That's why I think the EE community just shouldn't attempt to have contests like this, on the grounds that there is no legit way to make said contests seem fair to the majority of such a big gaming community. So in the future I (personally) hope there wont be any more events/ contests like this.

That's a bit harsh. The contests DO increase the popularity of EE. Still, maybe the stakes should be lowered a bit. two smilies and +1000 max energy will (sadly) drive some people to NEED to win, otherwise get really angry/insane. I'll just point out that the New Years contest went way smoother, and for many reasons.

#257 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

Next contest I think ill get someone with epic art! I think i'm preety good at making minis. Who wants to team up with me next contest!!! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL   Who knows when that will be?

#258 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Probably Halloween.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#259 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Bobithan wrote:
32OrtonEdge32 wrote:

Put SOMETHING Easter-related in the shop.   It feels long overdue.   Maybe like an egg decoration or a Jesus smiley (like in my level) or SOMETHING!!!!

A Jesus smiley would offend some people like me. I would be a bad idea. There would be a lot of hate mail going towards the mods.

I'm atheist and it wouldn't offend me.   They can put anything in the shop.   If it offends you, don't get it.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#260 Before February 2015

Shift

^ Think about what you just said, 32OrtonEdge32. Actually think. Get it?

#261 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

ROFLMAO, srsly how can u have 5 first place winners? omg... u really need to fix that for the next competition.

Also, motivations for the winners would be cool to read.

#262 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Well...I guess Gratz winners! But still...Most my team didnt do nothing only Supermarioman well i was out of town...Anyways Grats again and Hope to be better next time!

#263 Before February 2015

eg1

Wow this thread is popular...And again, congratz winners!

#264 Before February 2015

Niufox

Oh God this is far too Epic! ;A;
Thanks so much! My god, I'm so happy we finished in time... x'''3
It looks so rushed now... QwQ;

Anyway, congratz to all of you others who won!

#265 Before February 2015

Rurigok

MIHB, that's a warning for doubleposting. (pg 4)

#266 Before February 2015

kaylee123

none of the lvls that won were about the true meaning of easter :/

#267 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

kaylee123 wrote:

none of the lvls that won were about the true meaning of easter :/

But the true meaning of easter wouldnt make you win.

#268 Before February 2015

Can we start clearing our levels now, or we must wait until RPGMastahover9000 posts the levels in the other server?

#269 Before February 2015

Kirby

aww. I lost. now that i lost i know that no one is gonna play my level ever again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
If you ever wish to play the I-cant-belive-its-not-a-winner, click the link below
http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWoAIAAA

I now wish i didnt clear that old one to replace it with this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by kirby1394 (Apr 22 2011 5:47:50 pm)

#270 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

shift wrote:

^ Think about what you just said, 32OrtonEdge32. Actually think. Get it?

No, what should I be getting?

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#271 Before February 2015

EpicWaffle

Well, Looks like we got ourselves in to a problem.

A few people here have been complaining that they will never get neither the bunny or bird smiley. As the bird smiley will never be introduced to the energy shop. The bunny smiley is still pending. I myself have been too lazy to finish mine, So i gave up.

HOWEVER, As i said, The bird/bunny smiley may not be released to the energy shop. If they were, Then the winners of this contest would basically be getting nothing but the 1000+/500+ Energy.
So....
This is the problem.

1: If you release both smileys to the energy shop, contest winners would get mad.
2: If the smileys DON'T Get released to the energy shop, Players would get mad.

Soooo..... What now?
My suggestion is to just don't give smileys only to be available to contest winners. The energy is fine on it's own.

#272 Before February 2015

EpicWaffle wrote:

Well, Looks like we got ourselves in to a problem.

A few people here have been complaining that they will never get neither the bunny or bird smiley. As the bird smiley will never be introduced to the energy shop. The bunny smiley is still pending. I myself have been too lazy to finish mine, So i gave up.

HOWEVER, As i said, The bird/bunny smiley may not be released to the energy shop. If they were, Then the winners of this contest would basically be getting nothing but the 1000+/500+ Energy.
So....
This is the problem.

1: If you release both smileys to the energy shop, contest winners would get mad.
2: If the smileys DON'T Get released to the energy shop, Players would get mad.

Soooo..... What now?
My suggestion is to just don't give smileys only to be available to contest winners. The energy is fine on it's own.

Maybe make a smiley or brick to all the users that participated in the contest?

#273 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

This contest has raged many collecter-type users, including me >:O

#274 Before February 2015

Robotmega

Maybe just release the bunny smiley :l
And the 2nd players have the 500+ energy but got bunny without use energy

#275 Before February 2015

Shift

The energy itself is more than enough of a prize, but still, the secret was so covetted that I think it should stay with the winners (maybe go to second place too, if the bunny smiley is released).

RPGMaster2000 14239565414891

Board footer