Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#226 Before February 2015

hiddensoul1999

Re: Everybody Edits Easter 2011: The winners!

my easter level got trolled (hawkcrew)

Wooted by: (2)

#227 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

Oh man I worked really hard on mine //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile . I think my place was glitched anyway I could still edit it during judging O_O.

#228 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

You can edit your world any time. Not being able to enter or edit your world was completely separate. They copy the worlds to a private server and play it there.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#229 Before February 2015

ninjaman

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral didnt has levl

#230 Before February 2015

Nou

Imo the links to the levels should be to the copied server ones. That way they will be made history like the ones in the first contest //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
( and people have a free slot again )

No u.

#231 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

^this. This a lot.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#232 Before February 2015

SmittyW

I thought my level would win 2nd place...

easterlv.png
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAPw9rx_Va0I

Worked so hard... Oh well, congratulations on the people who did an awesome job. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#233 Before February 2015

Wezza

the winners now can just clear there levels?

#234 Before February 2015

Calicara

Next contest we should totally team up treejoe, I got good minis, and you got good art. 1smile1

#235 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

Lillsneppe wrote:

in HoE

Ha, nice abbreiviation. Not. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Anyway, I'm too lazy to change my pic naow.

#236 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Since no one reads the forum discussion, I'll have to post it here:

Ok, the easter levels recently got judged and I didn't come in first or second. I'm somewhat disappointed, because I believed greatly that I'd come in at least second place. I'm not furious, and I'm not going to start yelling at random judges for it, but seeing all these signatures with "1ST PLACE!" or "2ND PLACE!" makes me feel worse.

I can't force you to make any decisions, and I suspect most of you will just ignore this; but every time I see one of those signatures it reminds me of what an epic fail I am.

I understand how proud you are, but honestly, only the winners care. If you lost the contest like me I'm sure you could care less, so if you at least took the picture off I'd love you.

Last edited by Tako (Apr 22 2011 8:34:25 am)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#237 Before February 2015

Bossking

ok tako i will take it off until tomorrow
for you =3

#238 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

All of the levels are indeed copied over to the private server so you can all clear your levels if you wish to do so. I will post the list of levels at a later time since the text file Chris gave me is a total mess to sort through.

#239 Before February 2015

Pike270

C'mon tako cheer up! It's a learning process. I bet that you have shown off before. Everyone does it at some point. For me their sigs spark determination for the next contest. Try to look at it as rivalry instead of failure. The contest can only have so many winners and one or more teams that worked hard are going to lose.

Remember the good times you had with your team when building your level. IT's not all about winning, its about working with your team to make something great. EE contests just do that, they bring people together.

Summary: If you didn't enjoy the contest then you truly lost.

EDIT: The reason I posted this here is cause its getting more attention.

Last edited by Pike270 (Apr 22 2011 8:48:56 am)

#240 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

^What Pike270 said.

The way I see it, people should quit getting all mopey about not winning the contest and should instead focus on all the good that came from joining the contest in the first place. Personally, I never get all whiny whenever I'm facing off against a competitor and I lose, I learn from my mistakes and improve until next time. This way of thinking is literally my whole foundation for how I go about making graphics/music/video and it's been very fruitful in terms of results.

So I ask you who did not get in to the top 10, don't ever give up because of a single contest of an online multiplayer game. Learn from your experiences and improve! Beat those who beat you!

#241 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

TakoMan02 wrote:

Ok, the easter levels recently got judged and I didn't come in first or second. I'm somewhat disappointed, because I believed greatly that I'd come in at least second place. I'm not furious, and I'm not going to start yelling at random judges for it, but seeing all these signatures with "1ST PLACE!" or "2ND PLACE!" makes me feel worse.

I can't force you to make any decisions, and I suspect most of you will just ignore this; but every time I see one of those signatures it reminds me of what an epic fail I am.

I understand how proud you are, but honestly, only the winners care. If you lost the contest like me I'm sure you could care less, so if you at least took the picture off I'd love you.

Your level was good, you can't be disappointed. Heck look at the New Years contest, our group spent a very long time on it just to get beat by some box minigame levels. I didn't go out yelling (But shy guy did) and look what happened next. We came among many 1st place winners.

Come on, you can't be a fail. Your better than 95% of EE.

#242 Before February 2015

Jato

I don't win //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad:(:(:( UNFAIR!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad:( :/

#243 Before February 2015

treejoe4

TakoMan02 wrote:

^^ this

#244 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I think everyone is missing the point entirely. I'm not complaining about how I lost. I'm complaining about how I'm reminded about my miserable failure 5 times per page.

EDIT: It's the fact that I lost, there's no way to make me happier about losing. I'm already determined to win the next competition.

Last edited by Tako (Apr 22 2011 9:16:51 am)

#245 Before February 2015

redshade22

well said!! i personally think that many other peoples map should have gotten 2nd or 1st instead of others but the contest is already over nothing can be done about that and tako is right is you won and want to tell people that you have won the bird smiley, 1000 energy etc. make another topic for so called *winners* so this topic doesnt keep coming up as new and the last couple comments don't come up as "i want to be god mode with my bird smiley and pretend im bird woman" as said by the person from i think from girls play ee 2 or something
so now that im done my spieal rpgmaster2000 do you know what the next contest is going to be themed cause there is not any *holidays coming up soon*

#246 Before February 2015

redshade22 wrote:

up as "i want to be god mode with my bird smiley and pretend im bird woman" as said by the person from i think from girls play ee 2 or something

DK Levels?

#247 Before February 2015

Shift

I just want to say this: our world isn't a fairy-tale land. Nobody really cares about the journey, so stop saying things like "if you didn't enjoy the process, you truly lost." I'm fine with not getting placed, but I still agree with Tako in that it's a really asinine move to have your award be in your sig, because it will only make people feel worse.

Last edited by shift (Apr 23 2011 9:25:48 am)

#248 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

shift wrote:

I just want to say this: our world is a fairy-tale land. Nobody really cares about the journey, so stop saying things like "if you didn't enjoy the process, you truly lost." I'm fine with not getting placed, but I still agree with Tako in that it's a really asinine move to have your award be in your sig, because it will only make people feel worse.

Well, on the bright side it was fun waiting for the results :/

#249 Before February 2015

BEE

As I always say: Whats the point in winning if you're not having fun?

Its why I refuse to continue to do extremely hard challenges over and over again. If they are not fun to me, why even waste my time playing them?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#250 Before February 2015

mustang

^ That's very true, if it's not fun then it's not worth doing.

Also, just to brighten everyone's spirits, our team will not be entering any other contests together. We will have different teammates the next contest if we enter, so don't feel like it's impossible to win.

RPGMaster2000 14239565414891

Board footer