Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

YoshiMario96

Re: Ideas for bricks

We need a ? Block, now that we have Mario brick blocks. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

#52 Before February 2015

mario610

YoshiMario96 wrote:

We need a ? Block, now that we have Mario brick blocks. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Yeah and it should give us an item like a coin, or (not in EE) a power up that lets the person who collects it jump higher. To balance out the mushroom, there should be a lava, or skull and cross bones block to take away power up. To indicate they have the power up, they will be bigger (and yes I know this sounds a lot like a mushroom from Mario's games). Oh, and when we select it in the interface, a pop will ask you to drag the collectible into the box in the pop up. Srry this is so long, but I just wanted to get my point across.

#53 Before February 2015

me

Payment bricks

#54 Before February 2015

calvinjliao

These are crazy but worth a shot:

Gravities:

Diagonal gravities: Moves smiles in a diagonal direction
Note: Please make all diagonal gravities blue to make them distinguishable.

Gravity coins: Coins that move smiles in directions other than down.

Gravity doors: Doors (Red door, Blue door, Green door) that when a smiley is on this block, it will move the smiley in directions other than down.

Gravity gates: Gates (Red gates, Blue gates, Green gates) that when a smiley is on this block, it will move the smiley in directions other than down.

Random gravity block: Pretty self explanatory, good for making "randomness" areas.

Doors/Gates/Keys:

Coin gate: Similar to coin door but will be opened until a smiley collects the amount of coins required to make the coin gate solid.

Rainbow key: All 3 key colors combined. Note that this will cause troll problems.

Rainbow door: Will not open unless all 3 key colors are pressed.

Rainbow gate: Will not close unless all 3 key colors are pressed.

Etc:

"Pushable" block: Smiles can move this block. Block is affected by gravity, beware!

Block reset: Moves all "pushable" blocks to their original position. Or, if we add colors to the ?pushable blocks, we can make resets that only reset blocks of a certain color.

Dragable block: Using the mouse, this block can be moved. (We will need a ?drag? tool for people who have entered the code.)

Last edited by calvinjliao (Feb 13 2011 2:09:58 pm)

#55 Before February 2015

christopherhlchow

EEguy wrote:

a brick that needs a code to pass through would be cool

I really like that idea. I agree that sometimes you just don't want people who won the boss edit some particular things in somewhere, and that's normal, because that's what I wanted.

Maybe we can design something like this:

We'll have like area 1, area 2, area 3, and public area, so only if you have the code to area 1, then you can edit it, if you have the code to 2 then you can edit it, and so on. People can go in the public area if they get the code.

If you don't have any codes, you can go into the area 1, but once you get the code for public area, you can't edit that place.

#56 Before February 2015

Neotrinston

Smiley doors, if you have a certain smiley, you can pass.
And smiley gates, if you have a certain smiley, you can't pass.

#57 Before February 2015

mario610

Neotrinston wrote:

Smiley doors, if you have a certain smiley, you can pass.
And smiley gates, if you have a certain smiley, you can't pass.

Nice Idea! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#58 Before February 2015

SeymourG

Ready for this? Here it goes!

1. Like said above, Smiley Doors. It would be PERFECT for those "Ninjas get code" levels!
2. I read this WHOLE topic, and I am surprised that not a SINGLE person has said this: The Code Block! The Code Block is a block that you can use in any level! As soon as you touch this block, you instantly become a god! This block can ALSO be used to be thrown throughout the whole level, as in you touch it, you get 1 letter of the code in your code box!
3. NEVER EVER GET TELEPORTING BLOCKS!!! The reason why is this would do more damage then all other trolling COMBINED!!! Just think about it. A troll comes and puts both types of teleporting blocks EVERYWHERE!!! So almost everywhere you go, you get teleported across the screen. Even WORSE, a troll could see you going somewhere and put a block RIGHT in front of you! Don't make these blocks! The only time that this would be GOOD, is if only the creator of the private world can make them, just like coin doors and spawn points.
4. I am suprised nobody has said THIS yet either! What about mystery blocks? It can be a small little block with a ? mark on it. What this does, is it can do ANYTHING! It could be an ordinary block, or a coin could pop out, or it could give way, push you off, or even teleport you! (1/100 chance of that happening)

That's all for now, but I will make some edits over time!

#59 Before February 2015

Chessehunta

Apurplebrickaicybrick,rainbowbrick,yellowgrassbrick.thatsithaveahappybrickDay:P

#60 Before February 2015

smashbro27

I dunno if this is possibe but I would lol so hard if it was:

God Block: Given to the creator of the level. Only the Creator him/herself can pass through. Anyone else with the code, even with God Mode on, can't go through. That way trolls can RAAAAAAAAAAGE!!
==========================================================================
Other Ideas

Phased Blocks: Like the Secret Passgeways, they can be used as traps, they're about 25% see-able.
Ice Block: Slippery.
FAIL BLOCK: For Mini-Games, landing here sends you back to a set point, so you have to do the Mini game again. That way, people can save room and not do the gravity sends you back trick!
Launcher: Send you flying in a direction.
Smiley Blocks as said above
Brick Block: Mario-style! Break from below!

Lol, I know, pretty bad ideas I cane up with...:|

#61 Before February 2015

dutchtimNL1

hehehe,, great ideos everyone ;d

but in my opinion teleport bricks would be awesome!
bricks which make you able to teleport to another side of the map.

also teleport bricks that teleport you from one of ur own maps, to another map of your own sounds awesome! (which only could be used if u own 2 or more maps(saved worlds)) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

dude i want this!:rolleyes:

#62 Before February 2015

titas

triangle blocks good for building slides

#63 Before February 2015

mario610

you mean the teleporter would be like the creator can only create it just like the spawn brick and coin door.

#64 Before February 2015

me

Lamp bricks and on/off buttons. Lamps are just like any ordinary background brick, but when somebody takes an on/off button they gets seeable on the minimap (but still is in the background)

#65 Before February 2015

Chimi

whatabouta Brick that... people can stand on?

#66 Before February 2015

I am EE1

they should have those secret bricks, but basic version so a yellow one would vanish or appear etc.

#67 Before February 2015

Chatteno

They should have pure (insert color here) blocks.
Then people could make those old 8-Bit levels!
And teleports!!
Maybe even trap blocks?
Like if you touched them, you got stuck floating in one place.

#68 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Christopherhlchow, You have broken rule 6 loads of times in such a short time by doing quintuple posts. Next time will warrant a ban, understood?

#69 Before February 2015

Chimi

Lol. I thought it was only four.

#70 Before February 2015

CryptPwnsU

I got ideas that will help which are the arrows except it blends with colours //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#71 Before February 2015

DarkCharizard

What about fall-through platforms that you can fall on top of and move around on, but if you attempt to move downwards, you fall through it?   Also, maybe have gravity on its own type of brick so you can place objects like keys on gravity and keep the effect of gravity there instead of having the user exit gravity on that item?   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#72 Before February 2015

exxes

one word: TRAMPOLINES!

#73 Before February 2015

exxes

I think a web block would be good, say if someone was running and they were hitting a crown and you wanted them to get off the crown you set the web and they bounce away.

#74 Before February 2015

exxes

I think a lava block

#75 Before February 2015

Bluedragon

that is my idea ><.
and what do you all think of a moving brick (not with the animator).

Anch1424820788476611

Board footer