Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

herafan1

Re: Ideas for bricks

bricks witch if you had the smiley on the brick it will open

#27 Before February 2015

Smiley3

titas wrote:

what about some blocks woth ropes\ladders design, and with the same proprieties of dot gravity? maybe with vertical\orizontal direction.... it would be useful for adventure levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Even better!

#28 Before February 2015

yoz1k

* blue coin doors
* mixed coin doors
* editable blocks
     examples:

[sticky]---*-------------[slippery] 	[nojumpboost]----------*------[bigjumpboost]

* in-level teleport blocks (random?)
* secreet coin blocks (aka mario style. only gold coins?)
* reset brick (resets your coins (?) and teleports u to the start)

Open to constructive criticism

#29 Before February 2015

Y0shii

make it so that you can put up multiple blocks at once like a 10x10 square of bricks of your choice made right away when u click.

#30 Before February 2015

Y0shii

complete black blocks but you can run through them.

#31 Before February 2015

Smiley3

Y0shii wrote:

complete black blocks but you can run through them.

Um, are you talking about the secret passages that was released yesterday?

#32 Before February 2015

Pyrosparker

Coin gates. When a certain amount of coins are collected they turn solid. (for bridges //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink )

#33 Before February 2015

Terry

Timer bricks is what I think would make a lot of sense.
There are some speed run levels already, but you can never be sure if the time's actually correct

Timer bricks should have two kinds: one that starts the timer, and another that stops it.
That would make real speed runs possible
and there'd be the possibility of a door brick that only opens when a specific time is beat

#34 Before February 2015

mrvalley

something like the timer brick above, but the timer counts down from a number that is determined like the coin doors are and when it hits zero it turns into a normal empty space.   this is good for making a snake game without needing multiple people

#35 Before February 2015

Smiley3

mrvalley wrote:

something like the timer brick above, but the timer counts down from a number that is determined like the coin doors are and when it hits zero it turns into a normal empty space.   this is good for making a snake game without needing multiple people

Does it revert into itself, like there is a 1 minute before it appears again?

#36 Before February 2015

highwindgamer

alright, i have a couple idea's for blocks:
check point block: if touched, ti would activate and if you left the level and came back to it whenever you wish, you'll restart at that check point block you touched.
finish line block (in junction with check point): if touched disables all check points and you'll start back at a spawn point if you enter the level again, these two blocks are useful together.
all basic colors of basic blocks should also be metal colors: it would be more variety if we had more colors of metal blocks.
keys and gates: more colors: yellow, cyan, and purple, we would be able to make more key puzzles without using the same doors, leading to errors in levels at some point.
fan block: blows wind in whichever direction you choose it to, if it blows sideways it will push the player that way, making it harder to move toward the block then it is to go the direction of the wind, if the block is set to downward, jumping becomes harder and you won't jump as high, if set to upward, would cause jumps to be higher and falls to be slower.
teleport block: would allow you to go from block to block, you set the number (1-9) which shows on the block, when you touch one you go to the other respective numbered block, useful for any type of level.
more colors for basic and brick blocks: more color would mean better art levels, not much use here though...
energy block: looks like an ordinary block, but when touched gives a random amount of energy to the user, can only be set by admin(s)!
gem block: can only be set by admins and will give a random amount of gems to the user, unlike the energy block, once touched it's gone for good! the gem block looks like a gem though.
blue/light blue crown: just another crown sprite, you can't have it and the yellow crown at the same time.
allow more then one person to have the crown: so people can mark who won the level, rather who beat it recently.
well, that's all i have to say.

#37 Before February 2015

marcusmario

acid it breaks anything but not beta blocks/metal

#38 Before February 2015

mario610

Maybe a one way brick would be swell. and stuff that gives you something like a power up to make you jump higher or somthing. I also a big fan of EE (everybody edits) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#39 Before February 2015

mrvalley

2 suggestions:
1. a brick that blocks travel in one direction, and only one.   i guess this has already been suggested with the jail bricks, but this would be a brick pack, one brick for each direction

2. a decoy smiley brick.   it would be a regular smiley that is centered on a brick, but it would just be in the background.

#40 Before February 2015

Smiley3

mrvalley wrote:

2 suggestions:
1. a brick that blocks travel in one direction, and only one.   i guess this has already been suggested with the jail bricks, but this would be a brick pack, one brick for each direction

2. a decoy smiley brick.   it would be a regular smiley that is centered on a brick, but it would just be in the background.

The decoy is a good idea. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#41 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Smiley3 wrote:
mrvalley wrote:

no, you place it, and after a preset amount of time it dissapears.   it can only come back if you place it again.

#42 Before February 2015

Smiley3

mrvalley wrote:
Smiley3 wrote:
mrvalley wrote:

no, you place it, and after a preset amount of time it dissapears.   it can only come back if you place it again.

What!!!!!??? X(

#43 Before February 2015

popupyou

i got one, one that instintly fogs up your screen for 1 min.! just touch it and... boom!
your screen is fogged up same with the minimap! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink :/

#44 Before February 2015

Bluedragon

What do you all think about vulcano blocks, like we have grass.
(and like that idea from that other one, ice blocks.)

#45 Before February 2015

Smiley3

You guys have nice ideas.

#46 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I think there should be a jumbo brick.. like instead of it taking up one square, would take up four
THis would be useful for somethig like the christmas package.. so the things weren't so small (IE christmas tree)

#47 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Smiley3 wrote:
mrvalley wrote:
Smiley3 wrote:

What!!!!!??? X(

you select dissapearing block.   you set the timer to 5 seconds.   you place the block.   5 seconds pass.   the block turns into an empty plot.   i don't know how i can make this any clearer.

Last edited by mrvalley (Feb 10 2011 7:00:18 pm)

#48 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

That is pretty clear...

#49 Before February 2015

Smiley3

It is more like a door block to me.-_-

#50 Before February 2015

mrmario4563

I would Love some 'different' blocks, such as the TELEPORT BLOCK, (basically teleports you) Looks like: just a basic block, but with a circle (for RED), square (for BLUE) and triangle (for GREEN) Desc: tired of waiting to get to the next area?   Then buy this!   Energy Cost:1500

Anch1424820788476611

Board footer