Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

riche

Frozen Modify Button?

Im not sure if this has been answered or common but Im just wondering after a while in my great world, after saving my modify button froze and I was no longer able to click it and my previous save was not saved at all. I tried logging in and out of the room and I was able to save it but then when the room reseted, it wasnt saved at all.

Any solutions on why this is happening/how? Really annoying when Im trying to save progress I made...

#2 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Re: Frozen Modify Button?

Just an occasional glitch. This happens to me sometimes, too. When the button does freeze up, all you can do is rejoin your world. Losing save data is inevitable in this case. The best idea is to just constantly save your world, so when this does happen you won't lose too much work.

#3 Before February 2015

riche

Thanks for the reply. I wish there was some way to prevent this. It ALWAYS happens whenever at least 3 people start joining in and I try keeping a list of names on there and such...

Well anyways thanks for your answer! It helps alot xD

#4 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

If everything in the bottom bar freezes, I find that the best thing to do it way 10-15 minutes. When you start clicking psychotically, every click is added to a virtual to-do list, which makes the freeze even longer.

But remember you don't HAVE to do this. This is useful if you've made a lot of progress and haven't saved it.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#5 Before February 2015

Lugnuts

Here is how it happens:
1) You save a world
2) Go to the brick menu
3) Go and save again, before it has finished saving the first time (step 1)
4) Modify Levels button freezes

Best thing to do is leave the room and come back tomorrow.

Last edited by Lugnuts (Apr 26 2011 1:16:21 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Bug reports?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

riche 1423746568214864

Board footer