Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1826 Before February 2015

Creature

Re: Update Discussion

EE is doomed to die, thanks NVD.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#1827 Before February 2015

Noctis

Creature wrote:

No its not

Wooted by:

#1828 Before February 2015

Pingohits
Banned

Brushfire wrote:

r2nPoBa.png

Here's the slightly more complete one.

stuff that bother me:

kung fu master has beard beyond grass
coy smiley is in a weird position
IM NOT IN THERE

(add mr. winky pls) Yn8I7.png is me

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#1829 Before February 2015

Master1

Creature wrote:

How can you say that? This next update looks amazing. I have waited so long to have more key/lock/gate colors.
There is soooooo much I can do with this...

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#1830 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

Creature wrote:

How so? They're finally adding more content.

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#1831 Before February 2015

Creature

Master1 wrote:
Creature wrote:

How can you say that? This next update looks amazing. I have waited so long to have more key/lock/gate colors.

Yes, some updates are cool, but they ruined the switches and the new doors/gates look hoorrible, I forgot the new smileys going to be added, look like they were made by players addicted to EE's remakes.

Last edited by Creature (Jan 27 2015 4:51:15 am)

Wooted by:

#1832 Before February 2015

Master1

Creature wrote:
Master1 wrote:
Creature wrote:

Yes, some updates are cool, but they ruined the switches and the new doors/gates look hoorrible, I forgot the new smileys going to be added, look like they were made by players addicted to EE's remakes.

ruined switches? what? Switches have ID's now, meaning there is even more we can do with them. The doors/gates are an improvement imo. I never understood what the 1/0 thingy was that's written on the current ones. Also I only see one new smiley, and it looks pretty good.
Also do you realize that most of the EE remakes, used graphics made by toop, and that toop is becoming a new source of graphics for EE? Of course they would look similar, they are made by the same person.

Wooted by:

#1833 Before February 2015

Creature

Master1 wrote:
Creature wrote:
Master1 wrote:

ruined switches? what? Switches have ID's now, meaning there is even more we can do with them. The doors/gates are an improvement imo. I never understood what the 1/0 thingy was that's written on the current ones. Also I only see one new smiley, and it looks pretty good.
Also do you realize that most of the EE remakes, used graphics made by toop, and that toop is becoming a new source of graphics for EE? Of course they would look similar, they are made by the same person.

1. Switches now looks horrible made, I liked the switch that look really a switch.
2. The new colors sucks, yellow is okay, but cyan looks terrible and magenta even more.
3. 1/0 thingy was On and Off, like the image down:
9257618-apagar-con-posicion-sobre-un-fondo-blanco.jpg
4. The purple ghost isn't made by Toop and looks pretty unoriginal, when the valentine smiley looks a little bad made.
5. Most of EE remakes just ruin the graphics, they add Purple Ghost and a bunch of unoriginal smileys, the only EE remake adding Toop's graphics was EE2, that's now shut down.

Wooted by:

#1834 Before February 2015

Master1

- Who says the purple ghost will even be in the update?
- The new colors are great - what is wrong with them? Seriously? They look great.
- Okay, the switch thing makes a bit more sense now, but I still don't really see what's wrong with them...
- I never said that the purple ghost was made by toop... I only was referring to the valentines smiley.
I guess it really all comes down to personal opinion, I really like how the new graphics look.

Wooted by:

#1835 Before February 2015

Anch

Pingohits wrote:

I know what you mean but I think it's supposed to be like that.

Wooted by:

#1836 Before February 2015

skullz17

So basically Creature just hates all the graphics. I did like the old switch graphic better, but the new one works better with ID switches because it looks nicer than the old one would with numbers. I'm willing to sacrifice a graphic for an awesome new mechanic. As for the key doors/gates, not sure how you can like some of them and dislike others. They're all the same graphic, just in another colour. Purple ghost, well yes it's unoriginal because it is a character that already exists. I think it's a cool smiley though, but everyone likes different smileys so I see no point in challenging your statement about this.

Honestly, I think this is going to be one of the biggest, best updates in a while. NVD is quite good at listening to the community.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#1837 Before February 2015

Pingohits
Banned

anch159 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

but it looks so glitchy and weird ;;

well i think i know what you mean

his beard is so long it passes through solid objects //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#1838 Before February 2015

Raon

I'll be honest about this new update:

I totally love most of the new things, but for 2 big changes:

First of all, the redesigning of the switches, which is an amazing idea but, a total crap graphical redesign. I loved the way switches and doors behaved and looked, but now it's a plain square with no meaning at all visual-wise. The I/O thing was really ingenious and the switches actually switching was cool too.

I do have an idea to fix this, and that is to have both the old switch, which should be globally triggered like it was when it first got released, and the new plain square ones, with customizable IDs and unique open state for each player.

The second thing that bothers me would be the look of the new valentines smiley. Don't get me wrong, i totally love most of toop's graphics and still think he's an amazing artist, but that one smiley looks like he/she just released the biggest fart on earth and now is blushing about it... Also those small eyes and red shade is giving it a slight feel of being fat. :/

Last edited by Raon (Jan 27 2015 12:42:08 pm)

wEhS7.png
1   -   2   -   3

Wooted by:

#1839 Before February 2015

skullz17

Raon wrote:

I do have an idea to fix this, and that is to have both the old switch, which should be globally triggered like it was when it first got released, and the new plain square ones, with customizable IDs and unique open state for each player.

I think it is going to be like that, except not the globally triggered thing. NVD only edited the current switches to make it easier to test I think.

Last edited by skullz16 (Jan 27 2015 12:36:38 pm)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#1840 Before February 2015

Website

Raon wrote:

This is already in their suggestionlist. They want to add orage switches that are globally triggerd, but it is a suggestion, so I don't know if it is going to be added.

vF0MA5o.png

Wooted by:

#1841 Before February 2015

Creature

Soon: Coins will have IDs, imagine what it will look like.

Wooted by:

#1842 Before February 2015

Website

Creature wrote:

Then you should have, for example, 15 coins from ID 75 to get past a coindoor :O I hope they won't add that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

vF0MA5o.png

Wooted by:

#1843 Before February 2015

Creature

912468 wrote:
Creature wrote:

Then you should have, for example, 15 coins from ID 75 to get past a coindoor :O I hope they won't add that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

It would be even worse if the owner decide to add all Coin IDs on the world.

Wooted by:

#1844 Before February 2015

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Creature wrote:

because that would make so much sense, shut up reidolol, simply shut up.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#1845 Before February 2015

Anch

They should allow switch gates (whatever they are called) to have multiple ID's.
For example if you had two switches, one ID 1, and the other ID is 2, it would both activate the gate/door with the ID's 1 and 2. This can be used for puzzles such as a big room and you want to chose your difficulty.

Wooted by:

#1846 Before February 2015

Zumza

ZeldaXD wrote:
Creature wrote:

because that would make so much sense, shut up reidolol, simply shut up.

Quoting a EE user:
"He is not talking he is typeing"

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#1847 Before February 2015

Creature

What about Zombie Potions have IDs? It would work like that:

Player1 is zombie ID 13
Player1 touches Player2
Player2 is now zombie ID 13

Wooted by:

#1848 Before February 2015

TiKen

Pingohits wrote:
anch159 wrote:
Pingohits wrote:

but it looks so glitchy and weird ;;

well i think i know what you mean

his beard is so long it passes through solid objects //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

It passes through every block whose layer is not ItemLayer.ABOVE: A smiley is supposed to do that, otherwise if one go through a door/gate and that the state of the said door/gate changes, the smiley will disappear (for other users at least)
The layer ABOVE is also used on some solid foreground blocks when they have a transparent part. In this case the beard of the smiley will be hidden.

Wooted by:

#1849 Before February 2015

Pingohits
Banned

Creature wrote:

What about Zombie Potions have IDs? It would work like that:

Player1 is zombie ID 13
Player1 touches Player2
Player2 is now zombie ID 13

NO

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#1850 Before February 2015

skullz17

anch159 wrote:

They should allow switch gates (whatever they are called) to have multiple ID's.
For example if you had two switches, one ID 1, and the other ID is 2, it would both activate the gate/door with the ID's 1 and 2. This can be used for puzzles such as a big room and you want to chose your difficulty.

Why not just put two ID 1 switches and an ID 1 gate/door?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer