Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1501 Before February 2015

Koto

Re: Update Discussion

Oh, I was making a joke about that grass block, but it is kind of funny that it's like that.   Also, I've heard that the program to place regular blocks as backgrounds was blocked by MrShoe.   Is this true??   I was really lokking forward to making my homeworld into backgrounds, for the laughs.  

I don't really care if someone is chatting in a different language, it's no different than xbox live.

Wooted by:

#1502 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Why hasn't anyone answered my question?!

Arceus64 wrote:

EDIT: Also, what are homeworlds, and how do you get them? I'm too lazy to scroll through and look for answers, I've still got a little bit of jet-lag.

Wooted by:

#1503 Before February 2015

Saintcool

They are a free wold everyone got with the dimensions to fit exactly on the screen, I think they were meant to be sort of something to introduce you, but since there is no direct link to differentiate them from your other worlds that idea kinda fails.

Wooted by:

#1504 Before February 2015

Calicara

AzurePudding wrote:

I've rarely found anyone speaking another language.   And it's not this way only on EE.   If you don't understand the language, then just ignore it, it's not their fault that you don't know their language.   Actually, most of the different languages other than English I have seen HAVEN'T been Spanish.   If it's that much of a problem for you, you could always just mute them, as you don't understand them anyway.   Just /mute name

Also not really sure how religion has to do with this.

Well every level I go in it seems that everyone is speaking Spanish. It just upsets me when I can't participate in a rooms chat, because the chat is in a language I do not know. And aside from that, how am I supposed to report trouble makers if I can't understand what they are saying?

I hope that next Wednesday we go back to regular chat, because I'm sick and tired of this 'chat for everyone'. People have been on top of me left and right calling me a 'di ck' and things like that because they can. I can't stand immature children with their big mouths and small brains. If chat doesn't go back to the way it was, this game isn't worth playing anymore.

P.S. I only mentioned the bishop smiley because that really **** me off too. That is past update though so I won't go into it.

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 28 2013 8:39:12 am)

Wooted by:

#1505 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

People are saying that you should get signs if you bought chat, now that it's free.

Why not just get a bunch of your friends to sit around giving hints pFhcd.png

Last edited by rocktheworld313 (Apr 28 2013 3:52:37 pm)

Wooted by:

#1506 Before February 2015

Deetz

Remember how everyone said they were going to quit when MrShoe made countless blocks, and BC?

Most of 'em are still here.

Wooted by:

#1507 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Failgirl101 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

I've rarely found anyone speaking another language.   And it's not this way only on EE.   If you don't understand the language, then just ignore it, it's not their fault that you don't know their language.   Actually, most of the different languages other than English I have seen HAVEN'T been Spanish.   If it's that much of a problem for you, you could always just mute them, as you don't understand them anyway.   Just /mute name

Also not really sure how religion has to do with this.

Well every level I go in it seems that everyone is speaking Spanish. It just upsets me when I can't participate in a rooms chat, because the chat is in a language I do not know. And aside from that, how am I supposed to report trouble makers if I can't understand what they are saying?

I hope that next Wednesday we go back to regular chat, because I'm sick and tired of this 'chat for everyone'. People have been on top of me left and right calling me a 'di ck' and things like that because they can. I can't stand immature children with their big mouths and small brains. If chat doesn't go back to the way it was, this game isn't worth playing anymore.

P.S. I only mentioned the bishop smiley because that really **** me off too. That is past update though so I won't go into it.

And without chat, you wouldn't be able to understand them either way.   Chat shouldn't be removed because you don't know languages other than English.   That's unfair.   If people are abusing chat in another language, someone who understands that language can report it.   If no one understands it, then it's not bothering anyone.   Except, of course, if it's rapid spamming messages.

Removing chat has more negatives than positives.   It's going to **** most of the players off.   You can easily just ignore messages you can't understand.   MrShoe isn't going to remove chat just because you can't understand other languages.

Wooted by:

#1508 Before February 2015

Everglade

AzurePudding wrote:

I've rarely found anyone speaking another language.

I have to agree that thus far i have rarely seen anyone speaking in a different language.

I have seen a few spammers and immature people, but even in levels with lots of players the chat is actually not that hectic.

I don't think Chat is going to be removed.

Mr.shoe and Mr.void are not going to suddenly undo a part of an update, especially when loads of people are thankful for this update. It's a divided opinion.

Wooted by:

#1509 Before February 2015

Bobyy

I've seen a lot of people speak many different languages in EE over the past few years. I've seen Dutch, German, Spanish, Portuguese, English (can't forget that!), little bit of Russian, and a few other ones.

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

Wooted by:

#1510 Before February 2015

Terence22205

Today there was a whole level open where only Filipinos could get code.

Wooted by:

#1511 Before February 2015

ktostam450

AAAAAAAAAAWWW YEAH

Competition Time!

Several players have requested more competitions from us, so we thought we?d start with a little ?create-a-smiley-and-get-it-in-the-game? competition:
Prize:
* The best smiley gets implemented at a magic class you decide (but below 10). And at a cost of 1000 energy. You decide the name, but please don?t make it too long
* The winner smiley for free (ofcourse).
* 1 month of Builders Club (or 1 month extension if you are already a member).
* The fanboy smiley if you don?t have it already.
Who can submit: Everybody! But only one smiley per player.
Deadline: May 15th, 2013.
Judges: MrSecretGraphicsGuyWhoDoesAllOfOurGraphics, MrShoe and MrVoid.

Graphics requirements:
Please do not use characters that could be interpreted as copyright infringement or the likes. That means avoid; Comic characters (yeah yeah, we know there?s a superman smiley in there), film characters, litterature characters and stuff like that. Go for the more generic types.
All smilies are boxed in a 16×26 px sprite.
All smilies have a 1 px white outline (which is allowed to be broken in small areas). The outline may have transparency.

The png must be fully transparent where there is no graphics.
All graphical content below pixel 21 (from the top), including the white border is rendered below the ingame floor, so use this as your baseline. Likewise everything above pixel 5 (from the top) will overlap a ceiling. So to stay within the bounds of a block you should go for a 16×16 px smiley including the white border.
If we cannot make your smiley look good ingame, or if it?s too large you can?t win, no matter how good your smiley looks.

Smilies can not be animated.

You can use this .png as a template (right click, save as):

smileytemplate.png?w=570

Submit your smilies to: <a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="6b011e07020a052b0e1d0e191209040f120e0f021f1845080406">[email  protected]</a><script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */!function(){try{var t="currentScript"in document?document.currentScript:function(){for(var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute("cf-hash"))return t[e]}();if(t&&t.previousSibling){var e,r,n,i,c=t.previousSibling,a=c.getAttribute("data-cfemail");if(a){for(e="",r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16),n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)i=parseInt(a.substr(n,2),16)^r,e+=String.fromCharCode(i);e=document.createTextNode(e),c.parentNode.replaceChild(e,c)}}}catch(u){}}();/* ]]> */</script>

Last edited by ktostam450 (May 1 2013 3:23:38 am)

Wooted by:

#1512 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

^ YES YES YES //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#1513 Before February 2015

tak4n

There is no way anyone can say that MrShoe is not listening to us after this update.
Ahh should I participate for the 1 month builders club or should I let the others have a chance at getting the fanboy smiley? I will feel like a diclover if I steal the fanboy smiley from someone who might get second place so I might not participate. 1 month of bc membership isn't a lot to lose for me.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

Wooted by:

#1514 Before February 2015

Terence22205

I'm the opposite. I don't give a [poop] about the BC, I already have 12 months. I just want that smiley... >_>

Wooted by:

#1515 Before February 2015

normaluser

I think updating less frequently so that we can have more than a potion or two is a good idea.

Wooted by:

#1516 Before February 2015

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Too bad it doesn't sound like there will be second, third ect. place. But it's terrible that I'm complaining after such a great opportunity.

1oGNJTH.gif

Wooted by:

#1517 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHFwI7FlkAJS7mBQVbtcU7vMn6DHH9wX4UWdcpIYfapvVQWGkTing the PhotoShop!

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#1518 Before February 2015

Raon

this^

wEhS7.png
1   -   2   -   3

Wooted by:

#1519 Before February 2015

Brushfire

I like the idea of a smiley competition //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I'm glad the admins decided to host one.

Wooted by:

#1520 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Smiley contest = <3

Wooted by:

#1521 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Competition seem like a nice little extra, I'd like it if they made one of these every other month or so, each one being a little different. Also I think the winner of the smiley should have something a little extra for just when they wear the smiley, like their name glows a bit, just to say "I made this!".

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#1522 Before February 2015

Koto

^ That's a good idea, somebody should send that to shoe (I really like that it's ONLY when they wear the one they made).   I'm glad to see another contest..., also, really proud that they are focusing on optimizing the game, especially since it's right before the summer, the rush hour of ee activity.   The potion is actually really useful in some scenarios, although I wish that they lasted longer.

Wooted by:

#1523 Before February 2015

Boywhoflies

A smilie making contest? Ha, I thought I was gonna get stuff done in real life today.

Wooted by:

#1524 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

Awesome.   Just spent about 5 minutes typing on another update thread.   Different locks topic. WOO!

So uh..

Hope they add more colors to the basic, brick, and beta blocks.   More colors are good, but themed packs have been sorta too specific.   Like the anvil block..

Wooted by:

#1525 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

...I've actually been a supporter of public chat for years, and think that making chat public was a good idea. To see it implemented is a good sign in my opinion.
Still think Builders shouldn't be the only ones allowed to have signs. Now that chat is public, you don't even have the "think of the children" excuse that people gave me for making signs Builders-only.
Seriously, it's unfair and entitles others. After this act of restoring equality, I think this step needs to be made as well, announcing that signs will become public. The claims that Builders' Club is going to carry the functions of Beta Club implies that they would become public, but I still haven't seen anything on the issue.

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer