Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1476 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Update Discussion

gregregreg wrote:

Great. Just about nothing to feel special about now. The only things I have left to FEEL special anymore are beta and zAJlQ.png (the latter one, only slightly.)

This is about as good as free flamethrowers being implemented into the game. Where the flamethrowers can kill. And can be used by non-gods as well as gods. Etc...

Also, I never remember anyone begging for public chat. This update is the worst, and I mean THE WORST, update that will EVER happen in the history of EE.

(And chances are, what I said in the last sentence of the last "paragraph" will be proven wrong. Just watch.)

*brain pops like a balloon*

To paragraph 1
Feel special about all your experiences in the game. In doesn't have to be physical, be glad that you've came here.

To paragraph 2
No comment, that is just your opinion.

To paragraph 3
I've been playing this game for over a year now, and I used to play it on Kongregate. I had tons of fun, when you could talk to other people with Kongregate's chat feature, but eventually, my Kongregate account got hacked. I couldn't use chat. I used my alts, but the hacker got onto them.

Eventually, I checked out everybodyedits.com. I had no chat, no communication, it was a sad time. Eventually, I found these forums, (from the forum link that used to be on the top of the screen) made some friends here. Unfortunately, the recently added friends feature was beta-only, and you could chat with your friends. I was a little bit mad, but not really irritated.

I waited months for the friend system to come for everyone, but eventually it came. My first friend was Minimania, (shout-out to him) and eventually got more, such as C3po345, Deetz, and lots others. I was so happy to be able to chat, but I really wanted to be able to chat with everyone. My wish came true.

About half a year later, the Great Shoe comes in and adds chat for everyone. I'm super happy now, and satisfied by the Great Shoe.

(This is partly made from my own opinions. I understand and respect the fact that everyone is, but if you have an argument against this, I likely won't reply. There's an exception; if lots of people go with the same argument.)

Last edited by N1KF (Apr 25 2013 12:32:26 pm)

#1477 Before February 2015

Calicara

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:

To paragraph 3
I've been playing this game for over a year now, and I used to play it on Kongregate. I had tons of fun, when you could talk to other people with Kongregate's chat feature, but eventually, my Kongregate account got hacked. I couldn't use chat. I used my alts, but the hacker got onto them.

Eventually, I checked out everybodyedits.com. I had no chat, no communication, it was a sad time. Eventually, I found these forums, (from the forum link that used to be on the top of the screen) made some friends here. Unfortunately, the recently added friends feature was beta-only, and you could chat with your friends. I was a little bit mad, but not really irritated.

I waited months for the friend system to come for everyone, but eventually it came. My first friend was Minimania, (shout-out to him) and eventually got more, such as C3po345, Deetz, and lots others. I was so happy to be able to chat, but I really wanted to be able to chat with everyone. My wish came true.

About half a year later, the Great Shoe comes in and adds chat for everyone. I'm super happy now, and satisfied by the Great Shoe.

You are probably one of the rare mostly mature chatters who won't abuse their power. There are many others who have and will abuse this power. Now that everyone has chat, anyone has the ability to make an account with a horrid name and go around and swear like a sailor. And if they get banned? Make another account. Rinse and repeat.

Giving free chat to EE, especially with the current moderation, is a bad bad idea. MrShoe says to use the /reportabuse command. I've reported Kurt73 about 5 times for being shared, and he's not banned. Really says something about how well the game is moderated.

Wooted by:

#1478 Before February 2015

Koto

woutie3000 wrote:

maybe they could add a chat room in every world for "premium" chatters, the other one is for everybody, even guests

I did have an idea like this.   The regular chatroom would need to be heavily monitored, they would probably have to make a ton of Chat room moderators, though.   The "premium" chat room would have much less moderation, and less rules.

Wooted by:

#1479 Before February 2015

Raon

failgirl wrote:

I've reported Kurt73 about 5 times for being shared, and he's not banned. Really says something about how well the game is moderated.

It only works for chat and signs, no other reasons.

wEhS7.png
1   -   2   -   3

Wooted by:

#1480 Before February 2015

Sensei1

I'm glad they added the cow smiley

Wooted by:

#1481 Before February 2015

AsurcH

>Give chat to lvl 12s. Problem solved. None can abuse their chat powers and if they do so, they will have to collect nice amount of coins to be able to swear in public again.

Also I still wonder why do they give chat for free but not the signs for free.

Wooted by:

#1482 Before February 2015

Everglade

How about this:

Regular Chatroom - Open to everyone.

Beta only Chatroom - Open only to Beta. (Gives Beta a privilege again)

Builder's Club only Chatroom - Open only to Builder's Club.
Although anyone can go into regular, this will hopefully divide up the amount of people chatting in one room.

Plus the mute feature being added on top of this to mute those occasional annoying users or spammers.

And the feature we now have to report users who scam / bully.

Last edited by Everglade (Apr 25 2013 4:04:44 pm)

Wooted by:

#1483 Before February 2015

Koto

That's a horrible beta privilege.     Why should we get what we bought removed, and given something completely pointless?

Wooted by:

#1484 Before February 2015

Everglade

I'm not comparing it to what we have lost, i'm just saying it's a good method at dividing up the chat into 3 rooms which have at least some kind of relevance (Standard players and 2 Clubs) and saying that if there is a Beta room then at least it still lives on in some way.

Wooted by:

#1485 Before February 2015

Deetz

Just got back from Tuesday when I was last on.

Chat for everyone.

Bye.

Wooted by:

#1486 Before February 2015

normaluser

On the bright side, this means everybody can play bot-assisted levels that require chat.

Wooted by:

#1487 Before February 2015

plat aka kingpooultra

Deetz wrote:

Just got back from Tuesday when I was last on.

Chat for everyone.

Bye.

Cya.

Wooted by:

#1488 Before February 2015

Calicara

normaluser wrote:

On the bright side, this means everybody can play bot-assisted levels that require chat.

Like what? Dig bot? That level is boring and tedious.

Chat for everyone is a horrible idea. I cannot tell you how many spammers I've seen today alone. I hope this is a joke and will be removed next week -_-

Wooted by:

#1489 Before February 2015

Deetz

Yeah, but we all know that Shoe and Void don't joke, everything they do just looks like a sick joke.

Wooted by:

#1490 Before February 2015

Koto

I have new proof at exactly how much of a nub shoe/void (whoever designed the homeworld) is.

oP6Dogh.png

Look at the grass blocks between the house and that sign.... WHY did they cap the grass there?   You can see the background, and it looks fugly.

Wooted by:

#1491 Before February 2015

Everglade

normaluser wrote:

Very true.

Wooted by:

#1492 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Chat for all members?!?

YESSSSS
I feel bad for those who paid. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

EDIT: Also, what are homeworlds, and how do you get them? I'm too lazy to scroll through and look for answers, I've still got a little bit of jet-lag.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Apr 26 2013 8:39:09 am)

Wooted by:

#1493 Before February 2015

woutie3000

Everglade wrote:

How about this:

Regular Chatroom - Open to everyone.

Beta only Chatroom - Open only to Beta. (Gives Beta a privilege again)

Builder's Club only Chatroom - Open only to Builder's Club.
Although anyone can go into regular, this will hopefully divide up the amount of people chatting in one room.

Plus the mute feature being added on top of this to mute those occasional annoying users or spammers.

And the feature we now have to report users who scam / bully.

I dont like the builders club chat room, but it's a good idea

Wooted by:

#1494 Before February 2015

Bobithan

I still really want something like +m that you could use in your own worlds, I think that would work really nicely. The list of people you have enabled chat for in your worlds would be the same throughout all of them. +m would be completely optional too.

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#1495 Before February 2015

capasha

Bobithan wrote:

I still really want something like +m that you could use in your own worlds, I think that would work really nicely. The list of people you have enabled chat for in your worlds would be the same throughout all of them. +m would be completely optional too.

Too much censoring here. We all should be able to talk. If someone spam and crap, just report it?

Wooted by:

#1496 Before February 2015

crastopher

Arceus64 wrote:

I feel bad for those who paid.

You mean those, like me, who paid ten bucks for chat, then payed 3 awhile later for another account?

Wooted by:

#1497 Before February 2015

Arceus64

crastopher wrote:
Arceus64 wrote:

I feel bad for those who paid.

You mean those, like me, who paid ten bucks for chat, then payed 3 awhile later for another account?

Do you mean 10 dollars for beta? I don't think there was a time when chat was 10 dollars.

Wooted by:

#1498 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I have new proof at exactly how much of a nub shoe/void (whoever designed the homeworld) is.

http://i.imgur.com/oP6Dogh.png

Look at the grass blocks between the house and that sign.... WHY did they cap the grass there?   You can see the background, and it looks fugly.

It was a simple mistake.   I think people are getting too picky about updates, that they'll make a big deal about a single placed block if they can't come up with anything better to pick at.

World portals and free chat.   Awesome.   Free chat isn't as bad as many people on here said a long time ago.. it seems to only become a "problem" on new MrShoe/void worlds, but other than that, even on worlds with 30 or so people, chat is pretty slow still.   People rather not chat a lot when playing a level.   And now more people can play bot and RPG levels.   Those who paid for chat still got more than a penny/3 dollars worth of gems, anyway.   I've made a few new friends now that I have chat.   It just makes me wonder how many friendships I missed out on when chat had to be bought.

Oh and that cow smiley, I think it's adorable.   Whoever made it, I hope makes more smilies.   It just seems to pop out a little more than the others, with its shading and no black border.

Wooted by:

#1499 Before February 2015

Calicara

Not saying this to be racist, but I'm really getting frustrated by all the spanish speakers. Seems like every level I go in now no one speaks english anymore. I'm not saying English is a superior language, but for as long as I've been playing EE it has always been the most prominent language, even the name of the game is in english.

Free chat is not only spamming the chat rooms, but it's also changing the flow of the entire game. First Chris/Shoe adds a religious smiley, now they add chat for everyone basically turning the chat rooms into a free for all where I can hardly understand anyone anymore.

Really tempted to quit for a while -_-

Wooted by:

#1500 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

I've rarely found anyone speaking another language.   And it's not this way only on EE.   If you don't understand the language, then just ignore it, it's not their fault that you don't know their language.   Actually, most of the different languages other than English I have seen HAVEN'T been Spanish.   If it's that much of a problem for you, you could always just mute them, as you don't understand them anyway.   Just /mute name

Also not really sure how religion has to do with this.

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer