Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1376 Before February 2015

Calicara

Re: Update Discussion

Lin Keui Swampert wrote:

Hey, don't you tell me that! I bought Beta Club almost two and a half years ago, I already contributed to EE! I won't let you try and tell me you're better than me, and I damn sure won't accept the EE staff making Builders' Club members better than normal members when Benjaminsen was able to balance out Beta members and normal members!

I wouldn't have a problem with the sign if we were told that the sign will be made public, but considering the general tone is "nope, you ain't gettin' jack, pay to play," I am very much upset. EE shouldn't force you to have a monthly subscription to get blocks.
Next thing, Builders' Club members will get free unlimited diamonds to try and get people to buy it.

Really, most of the blocks and smileys are free, and no one is forcing you to spend money on it. If you don't want BC then don't buy it, simple as that. No one says premium members are better than regular members, and if people seem to think that BC makes them better, well frankly that's a matter of opinion.

Free playing players can still make levels, buy most blocks and smileys, buy potions, and add friends.

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 12 2013 1:46:26 pm)

Wooted by:

#1377 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

Kentiya wrote:

Why doesn't anyone understand what beta means?

From Wikipedia ("Beta"):

Computing
In computing the term "beta" is used as (usually) the last pre-release in the software release life cycle. It is sometimes referred to as 0.x in version numbers or x.x bx where x represents a number.

So no, beta is never coming back.

The point of Beta was to preview new items and make sure they worked. Signs are such a new feature as to possibly require such, though, even if it didn't, I don't see why it should be exclusive. Nothing before has been exclusive, except six smileys (cosmetic), the six beta blocks (cosmetic), and contest smileys (cosmetic).

Signs aren't just cosmetic, signs are a brand new feature that can improve the enjoyment of levels that may be more complex. Level rules for bot maps could be laid out on them (I'm assuming there's no upper limit to the signs you could purchase), rather than having to link to a forum page with the rules, for example, and I'm sure the more creative level makers could do much more with it.
Yes, having beta testers isn't really needed because we aren't in that stage anymore. However, Beta Club still had the feature of getting to preview items, and that could easily be reworked. All that would need to be done is rename Beta Club to something else.

And before someone says it, Builders' Club is not Beta Club. Beta Club was a one-time purchase, Builders' Club is a subscription. I paid $10 for Beta Club and it's stayed with me for two years. If Beta cost as much as Builders' Club costs now, assuming I bought the least expensive package and it was the same price for all that time, I'd have paid more than $70. I claim that to be too expensive, this isn't World of Warcraft.
EDIT:

Failgirl101 wrote:

Really, most of the blocks and smileys are free, and no one is forcing you to spend money on it. If you don't want BC then don't buy it, simple as that. No one says premium members are better than regular members, and if people seem to think that BC makes them better, well frankly that's a matter of opinion.

Free playing players can still make levels, buy most blocks and smileys, buy potions, and add friends.

But this isn't just a cosmetic bock or smiley, this a new feature that can improve the enjoyment of levels. This would be like making portals only available to Builders' Club members, it gives less options to level makers.

Last edited by Lin Keui Swampert (Apr 12 2013 1:52:30 pm)

Wooted by:

#1378 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

The new flaunting potion is pointless, you take the potion and it displays the magic class badge, but when you level up it still displays it then. And it costs 200 energy, nobody will use it because it is a waste of energy. I dunno if the mods are running out of ideas, but they can do better than this.

AsurcH wrote:
Echo! wrote:

Hahaha, it's fair. Builder club is pretty pricy for what you used to get. Now, it's pretty fair.

Sorry but I guess I read that as Builders Club not Beta Club. Also why would anyone give a more limit of friends to someone who bought such a "club" to build?

Yes I agree BC is a 'Builders Club' so why is it when you purchase it you get an extended amount of friends? It's builders club, not friend extending club?

They just do that to get more purchases, more features more people want it which means more sales.

Last edited by Alexthementalone (Apr 12 2013 1:53:59 pm)

Wooted by:

#1379 Before February 2015

Bimps

this is a p2p game now. moneywanting ****

Wooted by:

#1380 Before February 2015

SmittyW

I find that it's soon going to be more of a pay-to-have-any-fun. No one is telling you to purchase anything, but Builder Club might soon be getting more exclusive blocks/etc, especially enticing ones such as the sign posts, which can be very helpful. It was what most players suggested and were hoping to get, but now most don't have access to it.

So you may not have to necessarily pay in order to play, but you will have to pay to have a decent time in the upcoming future. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Wooted by:

#1381 Before February 2015

Bimps

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:
Bimps1002 wrote:

Chris and MrShoe and Mrvoid and their stupid Builders Club, adding stupid things so we can give our hard-earned money to get anything.

-Did you really lose anything from beta?
-You don't need Builders Club to get "anything." Be glad you don't need Builders Club to play at all.

Bimps1002 wrote:

this is a p2p game now.

This is NOT play-to-play. You can easily play without paying. Builders Club is completely optional, see this topic for more info.

ummm, let's see

NORMAL/BETA VS BC

CANNOT USE ANY TYPE OF SIGNS | CAN USE SIGNS
MAGIC GOES AWAY | MAGIC DOES NOT GO AWAY
20 FRIENDS MAX | 40 FRIENDS MAX

if it's not p2p, it will be soon

Wooted by:

#1382 Before February 2015

Legoking2000

If BC replaced beta, why are we getting put-aside?   I paid about the same as a three month-subscription and now I don't get anything premium at all?   Well thanks for taking my money, I appreciate it.

BTW: Builder's club allows you to catch up and use blocks you would have to pay for anyways, so why do they get all this bs for paying 3$?   With three bucks, I could talk to twice as many people, get more blocks/worlds than normal, and I get to put text in my world.   I think it should be call "Pay Me a Lot of Money to **** Off the Other Players Who Have Been Playing Longer Than I Have Club"   or "POOP Club".

Last edited by Ikaros (Apr 12 2013 5:27:55 pm)

Wooted by:

#1383 Before February 2015

Koto

I think that betas should get signs, if not, we should at least get 40 friends.

Wooted by:

#1384 Before February 2015

Bimps

amen KOTO, all we have is the smileys...

Wooted by:

#1385 Before February 2015

Bimps

Bimps1002 wrote:

if it's not p2p, it will be soon

No evidence, no belief.

you'll see...

Bimps1002 wrote:

amen KOTO, all we have is the smileys...

...and blocks.

actually bc gets beta blocks...

Wooted by:

#1386 Before February 2015

Terence22205

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

I think that betas should get signs, if not, we should at least get 40 friends.

Beta will not test anything new. Get used to it.

Wooted by:

#1387 Before February 2015

SmittyW

You are missing the point...

You are deluding the fact that we don't have all of the super-wonderful-fantastic which BC supplies to those who have bothered to waste their cash on them.
1. Signs/text - something that all EE players have waited for and can't have for free.
2. Unlimited blocks
3. +20 Friends
4. automatic obtainment of items (though that probably should remain BC...)
5. Future exclusives, which we all know will most likely happen.

N1KF wrote:

But you can easily purchase it for a simple price of 10$$$ lol

We simply want items for FREE and easy to obtain, such as EE was before BC.

I just really hope this little feud will end soon enough... < / 3

Last edited by SmittyW. (Apr 12 2013 7:17:31 pm)

Wooted by:

#1388 Before February 2015

Arceus64

MrShoe doesn't care about the veterans, or what the game used to be about, let's take a moment to just get that through our heads.

It's all about money to him. Money.

If this game somehow descended into such darkness of p2p, I publicy GUARANTEE you the game would die in less than a month.

Wooted by:

#1389 Before February 2015

SmittyW

When I first played this game, I always thought it was some nice, casual game in which people with emoticon smileys could chat and build. Not anymore.

Apparently, this game takes everything to a whole other level, where no one is satisfied, complain, and throw a fit. It's not only the game, but those who make it up. It now seems to be a controversy over life and death itself, whether to keep silent, or state your opinions, regardless of the penalty. Such is the feud so strong that tears this game apart.

(I am also amazed how most people in can't write a simple essay for school, but can write novels about EE problems.)

Wooted by:

#1390 Before February 2015

Bimps

one word that explains the old ee: fun
one word that explains the new ee: p2p

Wooted by:

#1391 Before February 2015

Calicara

Bimps1002 wrote:

The new EE is not P2P, there is no reason that you should ever have to pay Chris any money to ensure that you have fun.

I wrote a long journal about this once if you ever want to read it: http://calicara.deviantart.com/journal/ … -325559400
Well so basically, I guess you have to consider what things should be worth to be considered a P2P game. If the only game you've ever played is EE, than maybe it seems a bit P2P, but really EE is nothing.

Some popular examples of so called "Free" games, but are actually P2P are things like Club Penguin, or Spiral Knights. Games the give free players close to nothing, or has them on a curve where it takes them an incredibly long time to get something nice, compared to those who pay who get it faster.

If I was gonna compare EE to any game, I'd compare it most to Neopets. I don't consider Neopets P2P either, why?

Well, let's compare the two:

In EE free players can get: 54 free smileys, multiple different packs of blocks and backgrounds, potions, all action blocks (excluding signs and diamond), and any world of their choice.

Every player has the ability to have those thing regardless of how much money they spend.

In Neopets you can have: Up to 4 neopets, A Neohome, A shop, Items in your inventory, Clothes for your Neopets (though generally not that fancy), a gallery, a neodeck, the chance to win trophies from games etc...

And though one may say, well look at all the premium content... yadadada... I believe that both games have a sufficient balance between free and premium, because the point of premium is to reward people who support the game's by offering them additional content. This gives players a chance to get one of a kind items, and the developers get money to keep developing the game.

However no one forces you to buy this premium, and in fact you can play both games for free and do almost everything there is to do without ever spending a single cent.

Now people bring up the concern of the signs, well I must admit it was a very bold move on the moderators part (considering this game is filled to the brim with many childish and immature players). This is not meaning to say that every player is childish and immature, but I bet there are like ten kid-like people to every mature person on this game, if not more. So the fact that the moderators would release such a thing that gives so much freedom-

Well... it's unexpected really. While I do agree that money does not always equal intelligence level (hence having to buy BC to use signs) it is probably the easiest way to safely moderate them, and really I honestly believe if they weren't BC then they would cost gems to buy at the least. I know there are a lot of people who would use them for good things, but the fact is I think there are way more people who would abuse them, then use them for the right purpose.

So I wouldn't complain too much, and I'd just be happy you get what you get. EE is just a game anyways. If your so passionate about writing, then write a book or something, no need to make big deal though over a little sign.

Wooted by:

#1392 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Here's my take.

WARNING: Inb4, tl;dr.

[rant]EE IS NOT A P2P. YET. However, it feels like "Pay-To-Get-Exclusive-Features-And-Fun" Game.
BC is getting too many things, while beta feels forgotten and abandoned. I'm not complaining because I'm not BC, it's because I'm saying it for all the betas out there. Hell, the only thing still unique to beta are the smileys.
Beta site is now public. WHY? Read sentence above.
I don't care about the +20 friends (making it 40). However, if they want to prove that they care about the was-dedicated community, and not just the BC members, they need to release the signs WITHIN THE NEXT UPDATE. BC can get them for free. I don't give a rat's a** about that. BUT THEY MUST BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC. If not, I will make sure I quit the game for the next week. The only time I will be online is to check if and bot levels are on or playing forum-submitted levels.[/rant]

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#1393 Before February 2015

tak4n

The only thing I hate in this update is how you can only add more friends if you are BC. This is just pure evil, making this update one of the worst updates so far. I don't care about signs as much.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

Wooted by:

#1394 Before February 2015

Calicara

gregregreg wrote:

Here's my take.

WARNING: Inb4, tl;dr.

[rant]EE IS NOT A P2P. YET. However, it feels like "Pay-To-Get-Exclusive-Features-And-Fun" Game.
BC is getting too many things, while beta feels forgotten and abandoned. I'm not complaining because I'm not BC, it's because I'm saying it for all the betas out there. Hell, the only thing still unique to beta are the smileys.
Beta site is now public. WHY? Read sentence above.
I don't care about the +20 friends (making it 40). However, if they want to prove that they care about the was-dedicated community, and not just the BC members, they need to release the signs WITHIN THE NEXT UPDATE. BC can get them for free. I don't give a rat's a** about that. BUT THEY MUST BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC. If not, I will make sure I quit the game for the next week. The only time I will be online is to check if and bot levels are on or playing forum-submitted levels.[/rant]

Releasing signs to the public is the most horrible idea in the history of this game. Few people have them now, so they will probably rarely be abused since they're so exclusive. If everyone had them though, you can bet this game would be overrun by trolls writing provocative and horrid things, and then just making new accounts when they get banned.

It's not really that big of a deal, this update. So what, you don't have it? You probably have almost every other update before it. Just because you don't have signs doesn't make you any less of a player, and it's still possible to make fun and engaging levels without every feature in the game.

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 13 2013 8:26:19 am)

Wooted by:

#1395 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

Failgirl101 wrote:
Bimps1002 wrote:

The new EE is not P2P, there is no reason that you should ever have to pay Chris any money to ensure that you have fun.

I wrote a long journal about this once if you ever want to read it: http://calicara.deviantart.com/journal/ … -325559400
Well so basically, I guess you have to consider what things should be worth to be considered a P2P game. If the only game you've ever played is EE, than maybe it seems a bit P2P, but really EE is nothing.

Some popular examples of so called "Free" games, but are actually P2P are things like Club Penguin, or Spiral Knights. Games the give free players close to nothing, or has them on a curve where it takes them an incredibly long time to get something nice, compared to those who pay who get it faster.

If I was gonna compare EE to any game, I'd compare it most to Neopets. I don't consider Neopets P2P either, why?

Well, let's compare the two:

In EE free players can get: 54 free smileys, multiple different packs of blocks and backgrounds, potions, all action blocks (excluding signs and diamond), and any world of their choice.

Every player has the ability to have those thing regardless of how much money they spend.

In Neopets you can have: Up to 4 neopets, A Neohome, A shop, Items in your inventory, Clothes for your Neopets (though generally not that fancy), a gallery, a neodeck, the chance to win trophies from games etc...

And though one may say, well look at all the premium content... yadadada... I believe that both games have a sufficient balance between free and premium, because the point of premium is to reward people who support the game's by offering them additional content. This gives players a chance to get one of a kind items, and the developers get money to keep developing the game.

However no one forces you to buy this premium, and in fact you can play both games for free and do almost everything there is to do without ever spending a single cent.

Now people bring up the concern of the signs, well I must admit it was a very bold move on the moderators part (considering this game is filled to the brim with many childish and immature players). This is not meaning to say that every player is childish and immature, but I bet there are like ten kid-like people to every mature person on this game, if not more. So the fact that the moderators would release such a thing that gives so much freedom-

Well... it's unexpected really. While I do agree that money does not always equal intelligence level (hence having to buy BC to use signs) it is probably the easiest way to safely moderate them, and really I honestly believe if they weren't BC then they would cost gems to buy at the least. I know there are a lot of people who would use them for good things, but the fact is I think there are way more people who would abuse them, then use them for the right purpose.

So I wouldn't complain too much, and I'd just be happy you get what you get. EE is just a game anyways. If your so passionate about writing, then write a book or something, no need to make big deal though over a little sign.

You make good points. I don't consider EE to be P2P yet either. However, adding a feature that goes beyond cosmetic value is a warning flag that it may continue adding new features that only Builders' Club members could use. From what I understand, Club Penguin got worse as time went on, correct? Having more and more things that only paid users could get or do? I'm afraid that EE will continue doing this. Save for Beta smileys, which I hold on the same level as contest smileys, simple cosmetics, and Beta blocks, nothing has been permanently barred from normal players, only used on a delay.

If you misunderstood this (or if I just was really bad at conveying it) I don't mind if Builders' Club functions similarly to Beta Club in that Builders' Club gets something for a month that then gets added publically.

However, and this is important, unlike Beta Club where this was stated to be the intention from the start, we've been told that there are no plans to make signs public. If we got that confirmation that it would, 100% certain, be added to the public, I wouldn't be upset with Builders' Club. However, we have not gotten such confirmation, and that scares me, because if they do it with one thing, they'll be less concerned with the public when they do it with the next super awesome update.
EDIT: I've been saying signs should be a chat exclusive, Failgirl. You don't think there are inappropriate little kids with Builders' Club too? Subjecting it to the same rules as chat would eliminate your concerns, as much as I feel chat shouldn't be censored in the first place.

Last edited by Lin Keui Swampert (Apr 13 2013 8:49:19 am)

Wooted by:

#1396 Before February 2015

Calicara

Well whether or not chat should get signs is debatable, and there is a whole other topic for that, so I won't really discuss that, but on your other point.

I know MrShoe/Chris said Builders Club Replaced Beta, but Builders Club and Beta are most definitely not the same thing. Beta was created to test new features before everyone else, a privilege that we lost a long time ago. The only thing that differentiates between beta and non-beta now is the blocks and smilies.

Builders Club is EE premium, for those who want extra added and premium content, totally different then beta.

I know it sucks, but that's progression for you. Chris always chose the option that would put more money in his pockets.

Wooted by:

#1397 Before February 2015

eeplayer17

At the very least, beta members should get signs.

From the blog post where Mr. Shoe first introduced Builder's Club.

Beta users still exists, but it is no longer possible to become a beta-member. Builders Club members will also have access to test out new features, just like the beta members.

This clearly implies that beta members will still continue to receive all the new features, which is what they paid for by the way.

Last edited by eeplayer17 (Apr 14 2013 2:35:29 pm)

Wooted by:

#1398 Before February 2015

Saintcool

No, it says that beta members will stay beta, not they will get new features.

Wooted by:

#1399 Before February 2015

eeplayer17

Builders Club members will also have access to test out new features, just like the beta members.

There's no other way to read this except "Beta members are granted access to test out new features. Now Builders Club members will also be given that access, just like the beta members.

And since he clearly says that beta still exists, and one of the things that defined beta was early access to new features, then logically beta members should still have access to new features, or else it's not really correct to say that "beta still exists".

Wooted by:

#1400 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

Saintcool wrote:

No, it says that beta members will stay beta, not they will get new features.

Then... what is it that Beta Club members have? I love my //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool smiley as much as the next guy, but I feel cutting off the main reason people got Beta is a bad decision.
To Failgirl, that's what I've been fearing about EE, that it'd become Freemium, one step away from P2P. I would've expected Transformice to go this way first, it's surprising EE beat them to it. (though I haven't checked out Transformice in a while; they may have done it during that time)

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer