Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1351 Before February 2015

Thanel

Re: Update Discussion

Everglade wrote:

Anyone want to start a petition and send this by email / email spam him with the suggestion to try and convince them to give signs to Beta?   It might work...

Of course. Notice me if you decide to do it. It's feature I wanted most and I can't use it...

Wooted by:

#1352 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

Why would he only give signs to builders club? This is a feature so good I would actually come back for a while!

Wooted by:

#1353 Before February 2015

Koto

Wow, fail.   I'll sign the petition, once somebody makes one.   (there is so much wrong with this update)

Wooted by:

#1354 Before February 2015

Echo!

Updates that involve funding for the game are always the worst updates.

Wooted by:

#1355 Before February 2015

Urban

The smiley is nice, the potion might have worked better as a valentine's day themed update, but overall it's an ok update.

The signs are nice, and I don't mind that they went to BC. Besides, who would spend a lot of money on the game just to get themselves banned for writing inappropriate stuff on them? (Especially with the new report command)

Aoitenshi wrote:

...having a bright idea to release it to public is probably the worst thing a developer could do.

Wooted by:

#1356 Before February 2015

Koto

I guess it'd be ok, if BC members could place signs in other peoples worlds for them, but I'd still like them for just having beta.   has anybody come up with a way to hack signs in your worlds yet?

Wooted by:

#1357 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

I am very upset with sign being Builders' Club only.

I am very, very upset.
I am upset enough that I came back to the forum for the first time in at least eight months just to mention how very upset I am with it.

I will also sign that petition. I think anyone with chat should definitely get signs (though I really don't see the point of even having child protection on chat anymore, every single word you can think of has been censored).

Wooted by:

#1358 Before February 2015

Everglade

Lin Keui Swampert wrote:

(though I really don't see the point of even having child protection on chat anymore, every single word you can think of has been censored).

I don't get it.

They enable signs, but signs can be abused too. Not as easily as chat, because the liability is on the maker of the world, but nevertheless, signs could be abused and writing in blocks was always a way of abuse as well.

Also, in chat, you can write any swear word you want if you cleverly replace characters with similar ones (e.g number instead of word) or change the spelling slightly.

But most of all, swear words are only semantics. The worst threat of abuse in chat is bullying and scamming, both of which can be done without swear words.
"Gay" can be censored, but the same person could make a massive long paragraph towards a sensitive victim telling them how their life is worthless, none of their family and friends love them, and that they should go commit suicide...

Chat should have been enabled for everyone long ago.

Now with this report abuse command / screenshot evidence, we can catch scammers or bullying and try are best to eliminate those who abuse the chat.

The same way Facebook works, or other social networking sites. It's something you can't avoid now with so many social sites about.

The consent approach was a clever idea, but it is like stopping your child going on any social networking site or chatrooms until you pay (Facebook for example) a certain amount of money to use their chat..

Is that really the right approach? Limiting people from using these facilities?

Last edited by Everglade (Apr 11 2013 2:28:23 pm)

Wooted by:

#1359 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

I'm surprised that the report abuse command isn't bc only, seeing as how almost everything else in this update is. And I'm not surprised at all that BC is quickly making people more 'elite' than others, so to speak.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#1360 Before February 2015

Urban

Zoey2070 wrote:

I'm surprised that the report abuse command isn't bc only, seeing as how almost everything else in this update is. And I'm not surprised at all that BC is quickly making people more 'elite' than others, so to speak.

Not enough people were buying it. Signs, max friend count increase, no level decay, and sales make more people willing to buy it. I was looking forward to getting pop-up text action blocks, but it makes most sense that Mrvoid would run it through BC first.

Last edited by Urban (Apr 11 2013 3:12:16 pm)

Wooted by:

#1361 Before February 2015

Koto

What if, since they released signs, the release Text as a Beta exclusive?   Mods could get gold-colored text, then. (One more post until 2000) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by KingOfTheOzone (Apr 11 2013 3:16:38 pm)

Wooted by:

#1362 Before February 2015

Arceus64

Signs? What is this? Something I dreamed about?

Wooted by:

#1363 Before February 2015

crastopher

I believe this BC only sign thing to be a way of MrShoe/void telling us, "Eff you, I just want your money."

Wooted by:

#1364 Before February 2015

Terence22205

You non-BCers are so silly sometimes. ^___^

JUST BUY IT OR BE QUIET. :3

Wooted by:

#1365 Before February 2015

Panic

How about no one buy BC at all, making Shoe feel ike his money snatching plan failed, so he releases signs to everyone anyway? Yeah I wish....

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

Wooted by:

#1366 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I need to say that this update is amazing, he adds so much stuff that everyone asks for:
much cheaper bc(for now, at least)
text
more friends
in-game reporting
featured tab is often updated

edit: on the bad side, helen of troy is going to end up starting wars

Last edited by GKAbyss (Apr 11 2013 7:06:32 pm)

Wooted by:

#1367 Before February 2015

Bimps

HEY MR. SHOE
......................../´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

CLUB MEMBERS GET

SIGNS
DONT LOSE MAGIC
ADD UP TO 40 FRIENDS
WHAT THE F?!?!?

Wooted by:

#1368 Before February 2015

Echo!

Bimps1002 wrote:

HEY MR. SHOE
......................../´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

CLUB MEMBERS GET

SIGNS
DONT LOSE MAGIC
ADD UP TO 40 FRIENDS
WHAT THE F?!?!?

Hahaha, it's fair. Builder club is pretty pricy for what you used to get. Now, it's pretty fair.

Wooted by:

#1369 Before February 2015

skullz17

Yeah but the whole public have asked for signs or some kind of text for a while, so it's a bit disappointing that it's only for Builder's Club.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#1370 Before February 2015

Saintcool

GKAbyss wrote:

on the bad side, helen of troy is going to end up starting wars

Was this the smiley that launched a thousand updates? and sunk the topless towers of ee. Sweet Helen make me immortal with a subscription to builders club?

Wooted by:

#1371 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Since this game got a freemium game [more] It is understandable this happened. They changed the concept of it, putting signs in builders club is just the right thing. Everyone likes to have signs ["but the whole public have asked for signs"/skullz16] and a lot people will now buy BC. Just because they get this features.

Wooted by:

#1372 Before February 2015

AsurcH

Echo! wrote:

Hahaha, it's fair. Builder club is pretty pricy for what you used to get. Now, it's pretty fair.

Sorry but I guess I read that as Builders Club not Beta Club. Also why would anyone give a more limit of friends to someone who bought such a "club" to build?

Wooted by:

#1373 Before February 2015

Lin Keui Swampert

Terence22205 wrote:

You non-BCers are so silly sometimes. ^___^

JUST BUY IT OR BE QUIET. :3

Hey, don't you tell me that! I bought Beta Club almost two and a half years ago, I already contributed to EE! I won't let you try and tell me you're better than me, and I damn sure won't accept the EE staff making Builders' Club members better than normal members when Benjaminsen was able to balance out Beta members and normal members!

I wouldn't have a problem with the sign if we were told that the sign will be made public, but considering the general tone is "nope, you ain't gettin' jack, pay to play," I am very much upset. EE shouldn't force you to have a monthly subscription to get blocks.
Next thing, Builders' Club members will get free unlimited diamonds to try and get people to buy it.

Wooted by:

#1374 Before February 2015

Bimps

**** chris and MrShoe and mrvoid and their **** builders **** club, adding **** things so we can give our hardearned god damn money to get anything, ****.

Wooted by:

#1375 Before February 2015

Kentiya
Website

Why doesn't anyone understand what beta means?

From Wikipedia ("Beta"):

Computing
In computing the term "beta" is used as (usually) the last pre-release in the software release life cycle. It is sometimes referred to as 0.x in version numbers or x.x bx where x represents a number.

So no, beta is never coming back.

atikyne-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer