Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#876 Before February 2015

bigfatsnoozy

Re: Update Discussion

Does anyone know how to remove builders club -.- I need to get these bricks

Wooted by:

#877 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

bigfatsnoozy wrote:

Email MrShoe and say you want to opt out of builder's club and mention your username.
I don't like this update. EE doesn't need spikes and death. Those have and always will be something that appeals to the stupid children. As I was telling my father this, it occurred to me that holy crap MrShoe is clever as hell. he's appealing to the stupid children who will give him money.

Random stuff exported from the most recent swf, mainly things I thought were interesting, in an album:

link
funnily enough, i realized that the /a/ was literally all the difference between linking to an album and linking some scantily-clad asian.

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Dec 19 2012 2:55:59 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#878 Before February 2015

eeplayer17

I like this update. Actually adds something interesting to the game. The death animation is just crying out for a "pop" sound though.

Wooted by:

#879 Before February 2015

bigfatsnoozy

Zoey2070 wrote:
bigfatsnoozy wrote:

Email MrShoe and say you want to opt out of builder's club and mention your username.

What is his e-mail address?

Wooted by:

#880 Before February 2015

Everglade

Boywhoflies wrote:

Also, does anybody know if this Christmas pack goes into Classic? If it does, I need to email Mr. Shoe and get my BC removed.

It doesn't matter to me, i want this pack now seeming as it's out. So i'm going to be sending him a message in a bit.

I think many people are getting there Builder's Club free trial removed now, so it's going to be a lot of work for Julian. Maybe he wishes he didn't add the feature now! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

eeplayer17 wrote:

The death animation is just crying out for a "pop" sound.

Yes, oh please yes! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by Everglade (Dec 19 2012 3:47:56 pm)

Wooted by:

#881 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

tYyId.png

Wooted by:

#882 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Boh wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

...EE doesn't need spikes and death.... ..... appeals to the stupid children. #harsh

I just can't see popping like a balloon and sparkles coming out as introducing death to the game, anymore than 'vanishing' into a portal or being sent back somewhere when you fall does. Is it specifically the spikeyness of the spikes that you don't like?

there's a difference between having portals and physically disappearing with a special effect. in fact, the same thing could be accomplished with coins, coin doors, and a lot of portals without the idea of 'death'. spikes are commonly known in every single game ever as 'death'.
it's even called death in the blog.
'And of course, the death animation really makes it funnier to see other people die'
'If you touch the spikes you will blow up'
I'm not trying to say, 'spikes in ee will cause people to think that death is simple and not permanent' or something because even i know that's utterly absurd.
also the spikeyness does bother me a bit because it's like you're not even touching it and you get blown up.

i wish some things would stop being so limi

oh
crap.
(i am actually seeing the logic behind builder's club and i'm liking it even less)

bigfatsnoozy wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:
bigfatsnoozy wrote:

What is his e-mail address?

<a class="__cf_email__" href="/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection" data-cfemail="7d170811141c133d180b180f041f121904181914090e531e1210">[email  protected]</a><script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* <![CDATA[ */!function(){try{var t="currentScript"in document?document.currentScript:function(){for(var t=document.getElementsByTagName("script"),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute("cf-hash"))return t[e]}();if(t&&t.previousSibling){var e,r,n,i,c=t.previousSibling,a=c.getAttribute("data-cfemail");if(a){for(e="",r=parseInt(a.substr(0,2),16),n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)i=parseInt(a.substr(n,2),16)^r,e+=String.fromCharCode(i);e=document.createTextNode(e),c.parentNode.replaceChild(e,c)}}}catch(u){}}();/* ]]> */</script>

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#883 Before February 2015

Arceus64

The bug I'm getting that randomly freezes slows down EE when I play a level with spikes any level is REALLY getting on my nerves.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Dec 19 2012 5:07:17 pm)

Wooted by:

#884 Before February 2015

Boywhoflies

Also, death and checkpoints bring you to the last checkpoint you touched. This can be used in ways portals couldn't, like having a unnecessary but useful checkpoint after a short but hard minigame that is slightly off the course of the level. Maybe you could use checkpoints as places to "teleport" back to in a maze level, and have spikes scattered around so you can go back whenever you want, although that idea isn't that great. What I'm saying is that in EE, as long as something with a slightly different behavior is added, somebody will find some new use for it.

Wooted by:

#885 Before February 2015

tak4n

I hate how we don't get the blocks when the builders club membership runs out, I'ma rage about it every update. Also if the Christmas pack 2012 has limited time in the shop and it ends before builders club... I am going to quit EE.
Still hoping to get the best of the blocks while I still can.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

Wooted by:

#886 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

Omg I hope hazards become usable in open worlds!

Wooted by:

#887 Before February 2015

DJDavid98
Website

GKAbyss wrote:

Omg I hope hazards become usable in open worlds!

I don't think any limited # items will.

Wooted by:

#888 Before February 2015

arteem

Tl to look for, but if it's not said yet, MrShoe has toldme XMAS 2012 pack is limited and he will never add limited stuff to the shop if you're in BC.

So asking him to remove BC membership is the best way to save your money.

Wooted by:

#889 Before February 2015

blobbyguy

I think if you got the free month you should be able to say no, or still be able to spend energy on blocks.
I frankly don't want my free month because I will be left behind when it wears off.:P

Wooted by:

#890 Before February 2015

Koto

We should be able to activate the free month whenever we want to.

Wooted by:

#891 Before February 2015

blobbyguy

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

We should be able to activate the free month whenever we want to.

Yeah, that way the people who like their free month can have it and we can get rid of it.
Or maybe it only times it while you are online, so if you were online half the day for two months, for example, it would register as one month of online time.

Wooted by:

#892 Before February 2015

Koto

nono, like we decide to activate it, then we're stuck with it for a month, but we could, say, wait a month before we tried it out.

Wooted by:

#893 Before February 2015

P788

Oh, I forgot to post this.

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

2. Until May, beta had lots of exclusive stuff.

Ok look I had this same issue at first, dealing with the fact that non-betas were getting stuff. Well here's some news for you, the original beta was not created to be BETA PREMIUM, it was was supposed to be BETA TESTING. Meaning, yes we get things early, this was with the expectations that we would report any bugs we came upon. We were supposed to test the features so they could be released to non-beta.

I know that beta was supposed to be for testing, Chris said that, but he made the Mineral package, the Piano and Drum packages beta-exclusive for 5 months. Do you think that 5 months is necessary to test them? And the Ultra-Wide and Tall worlds are still beta-exclusive, after 1 year.
And what bugs could we get with them? The friend-list is one thing, but the Mineral package? Chris added that but it wasn't with the objetive to test them.
He added all that to make a lot of people buy beta, and it worked. Everybody with beta was happy, and it was worth 10?.

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

Chris gained a lot of money because a lot of people bought beta, and he decided to hire MrShoe with that money. But MrShoe never gave a lot of attention to beta, and the amount of money received dropped. To not be fired, MrShoe decided to create the Builders' Club, with ridiculous prices (see my post above KRAZYMAN50 to see a comparation between it and Playstation Plus), and removed beta, in a attempt to gain money.

Ok that whole paragraph sounded completely absurd. Nobody knows what goes on behind doors, and unless you have ever talked to Chris himself, I'd rather keep opinion out of it. Yes I agree builders club is over priced, but as I stated before if you don't like it don't buy it.

Crap, I read my post to see if it had a error, and I didn't see that I wrote that part as if it was a fact. It's my theory about what's happening now.

HappyKat wrote:

Also I think I'd rather disagree, because MrShoe updates the game weekly and I think it was helped to increase the EE community. You see the forums count for a very small part of the entirety of the EE community, so you can't judge the whole game based only by what goes on here.

Helped increase? Before MrShoe, you could see around 1500 people online. And today? Around 600. That's not increasing the EE community. That's the opposite.

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

3. Chris doesn't know what MrShoe's doing, people asked about a contest to both, and MrShoe said the things he was going to do about it, when it could be, etc. Chris said that they weren't planning a contest. Someone is lying. (I don't have screenshots in this moment, I'm typing in a cellphone) And Chris said that he wanted the game to be free for everyone, not a pay-2-win game. Look what MrShoe did. Chris doesn't know what MrShoe's doing, he just receives and sends the money.

Aside from the contest thing, which I really do not feel is debate worthy. You need proof, or evidence. You say you are typing from a phone, fine, update it later. I don't ever imagine that Chris would say such a thing. Also last time I talked to Julian he said that he has been working very closely with Chris, I had actually talked to him directly a few ideas ago right after the builder update, he was in one of his level. I don't have any evidence of this, but EE still belongs to Chris and I very much doubt that he would let Julian run the game unattended.

Here's some proof:

MrShoe:

XsRoc.png
mG0Kk.png

Chris:

%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%202012-11-21%20%D0%B2%2021.36.54.png

I think that when Chris hired MrShoe, he stayed a while watching his updates, to see if he could work well. That's why during April-June we got some of the greatest updates ever (friend-list, win trophy, water package, etc.). Chris saw that MrShoe could work well alone, and he started giving attention to Player.IO and not to EE. MrShoe started making updates with low effort because Chris wasn't watching MrShoe anymore. That's why I think the quality of the updates are decreasing. So Chris not knowing about what is MrShoe doing makes sense for me. When Chris was still writting blog posts after MrShoe was hired, the updates weren't so controversial as the updates of now. And check in the blog: when Chris stopped writting blog posts (that was in July 12th), MrShoe started making updates that were bad, and very controversial (in his 2nd blog post, he raised the price of chat to 3?).

But...

Bobyy wrote:

@Chris doesn't know what MrShoe is doing part...:   MrShoe talks to Chris on a regular basis I have pic some where on the forums to prove it. But they are talking regularly each day, so don't think that Chris doesn't know what MrShoe is doing.

Okay, if that's true, then Chris and MrShoe are both being stupid.
Chris knows that giving beta more temporary exclusive things (beta-testing) gives more money because people are more interested in buying beta. Now MrShoe isn't giving beta temporary exclusive things (beta-testing), and if they were working together, Chris would tell him to do that. Everybody was quitting the game, nobody was buying beta... They must noticed that (they were getting less money) and they made potions and the level-up system. I think that neither worked, because they weren't good enough to be worth buying beta, and they decided to remove beta and make a overpriced subscription (Builders' Club) that it will be a disaster. That's another theory.

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

4. "Money doesn't grow on trees". Definitely true, but contradicts to "but who would buy gems when everything is free huh? Just use Superrewards to get your beta, and classic tab items. How is the game supposed to make any money?"

Like if it's so simple. Here in my country it's extremely difficult to get gems with it; I don't know about yours, but if it's so simple, why isn't everybody doing that? Go see a couple of worlds. You see only a few people with Builders' Club (because they have 1 month free from beta).

And you're thinking that Superrewards doesn't give money to MrShoe. In that case, Chris would never put a option to buy gems through it. Do you think that these surveys that ask your cellphone number to join to a club where you have to pay 2? per week doesn't give money to Superrewards and to MrShoe? People normally ignore these surveys, and they only care about them when you get money with them. That's how websites like Superrewards work. They recieve surveys of people who want them to be complete, and those people pay Superrewards to give them to people like you. When you complete them, Superrewards gives you a part of the money it received and you spend it in Everybody Edits.

Again this is debatable. First off I would NEVER use my real name, or phone number in any of those scams, nor would I give away my credit card information. All I'm saying is I have heard from different users saying how they got beta for free by using false information to obtain gems. Second of all, so what if superrewards is just another scam. If I get what I need the end justifies the means. If I have gems, and I obtained them without spending cash, than that's all I need.

Also how do my first two statements contradict themselves huh? I am saying money doesn't grow on trees (meaning there must be a reason their are payed feature on EE other than Chris being "greedy"), and that we shouldn't knock off Chris or Julian for trying to earn it. How are they supposed to earn it though, when people are getting their things for free. Well your superrewards argument has a valid answer to that, but again unless we actually know where all the money is going, then I will not complains.

You said that money doesn't grow on trees (meaning that you have to work for it) and everything is free, you just need to use Superrewards.

These statements contradict themselves because nothing is free. You are thinking that giving your opinion/signing up on a website/etc. in websites like Superrewards isn't work. But it is. The people you see saying that they got beta by doing Superrewards things, they didn't say if it was very easy to do, with no effort or if it was hard to do and it needed a lot of effort. Unless you actually tried to get gems on Superrewards or another websites, (and I know that you didn't, because you are basing your argument on things that another people said about them), you don't know if they really worked on getting gems or not.

Another thing you're getting wrong in here is this:

If I get what I need the end justifies the means. If I have gems, and I obtained them without spending cash, than that's all I need.

Let's say for example that you're catching strawberries. You catch them for 2 hours, and you sell the strawberries you got. You get money for your work, but following your way of thinking, I just got money for free. This is just an example. Other examples are client support, selling dvds, etc. You don't spend money, you work and you get money.

Money is a payment for your work, it's not something you can get yourself for free instantly. (Unless someone offers money to you, but that's another story)

HappyKat wrote:

Another notes:

I'm not going to argue with your opinions about Julian. Everyones a critic. Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of his work either, but at least we actually have steady weekly updates.

You know whenever I get frustrated I just imagine. Imagine being Julian, working your hardest, yet being criticized with everything you do. Imagine, getting hundreds of emails of bug, complaints, frustrations, and other general hoo hah. Imagine every time you go into a world, chats and non chat alike bombarding you with various questions. Imagine working on a deadline for a giant gaming company.

Realistically, he is not going to make everyone happy. The game is a business, and this is treated as so. The game is made to be more appealing to newbies, because once they get hooked they'll want to stay. And when they stay they invite their friends, and when they invite friends at least one of them is bound to be a pay to play which helps support the game.

With a business you have to appeal to the larger crowd, unfortunately for us who have been playing for a while, those who know what it truly means to be an EE player will get left behind. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. You are more than welcome to leave, because if you don't like what's happening now I can assure you it will probably only get worse. You have to consider who is the larger crowd in this game. All you have to do is look in the level lobby.

Anyways I don't feel like discussing this anymore, I think I have gotten my point across as far as I can, and so I bid you good night.

Yes, ignoring the minority who truly loves the game and wants to support it. Here in the forums is the highest amount of people who supports the game. The other 90% of the community, sugests things to MrShoe and do another things, but they even support the game? Other examples are Wikipedia and non-profit instituitions. How many people care about donating to Wikipedia to keep it alive? Only about 1%. How many people care about helping starving kids in Africa? Only about 1%.

So you can see that only a small fan base wants to support EE and not the other 90% of the people. If MrShoe is taking sugestions from people who doesn't support the game (they don't care about buying them), the result will be the same. Wikipedia made ads saying to help Wikipedia, to donate money to keep it alive. How many people did that? Definitely a lot more, but more than 10%? Nope. And these non-profit instituitions who made ads saying to help them, to donate money to help starving kids in Africa, saving Japan, etc.? How many people did that too? Not more than 10%. The minority is the one doing everything.

What do you think about us, who support the game and want it to grow, and we are betrayed by MrShoe and the things he's doing to us? We pay to MrShoe and what do we get in exchange? We need now to go to Facebook to play, the chat was raised by 3?, beta was replaced by a subscription, death is added, etc. Things that are ruining the game that we invested on. How would you feel?

I know that you can't appeal everybody, that's a fact, but making very controversial updates? Look at the time when he had simple updates, with 1 per 2/3 months. Did everyone get angry at a stupid update like the ones we have now? No.

Chris said that the game wasn't going to have subscriptions, things that could make the game pay-2-win, he said that the game wasn't going to have death, he also said a lot of another things that the game will never have, and look at now.

And MrShoe wants to force people to buy the Builders' Club subscription.

You may have seen this:

Julian (Blog) wrote:

The first hazard we have introduced is the spikes. If you touch the spikes you will blow up :-)   And then respawn at the latest checkpoint. Again, pretty much like you would expect.

Spikes are the first hazard, but lava have been suggested countless times, and that will probably be added soon.

If spikes are a limited item, so lava is going to be a limited item too. Which is stupid.
To take advantage of them, we need a Builders' Club subscription. It's a sign. Do you see why is Builders' Club bad? I know that it's useful to a lot of people who don't have that blocks, but it can be very bad if things like that happen. The game can be turned into a pay-2-win game.

So we can conclude that, or 1: Chris is lying to us, or 2: MrShoe is betraying us.
Either way, we are being ignored.

Look at the topics in the General Discussion forum. Everyone is questioning the future of EE.
Because of this things MrShoe is doing to us.

We have been playing EE before MrShoe was hired, we also were trying to use EE's potentials to do better minis, better art and another stuff, trying to reach its limits with new concepts, new things, trying to make EE a better game, we know what does the game need more than everybody else... And MrShoe is killing the game. He's trying to get the most money possible with it. He ignores us, the fan-base, the ones that paid to support it...

We are also suggesting solutions for this situation. Like making beta avaiable again and giving attention to it, by giving gifts to them. That would raise the number of people who want to buy beta. But he just ignores us.

Then the game will die, and it will be MrShoe's fault. He will ask one day why is everybody quitting the game, why is nobody buying anything...

Edit: 800th post!

Last edited by P788 (Dec 20 2012 8:44:22 pm)

Wooted by:

#894 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

blobbyguy wrote:

I think if you got the free month you should be able to say no, or still be able to spend energy on blocks.
I frankly don't want my free month because I will be left behind when it wears off.:P

You can cancel your Builder's Club trial whenever you want.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by:

#895 Before February 2015

ktostam450

Benjaminsen said to me that they don't have any contest system to make one. They won't make any before contest system anymore.

Wooted by:

#896 Before February 2015

allerulez

P788 wrote:

Oh, I forgot to post this.

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

2. Until May, beta had lots of exclusive stuff.

Ok look I had this same issue at first, dealing with the fact that non-betas were getting stuff. Well here's some news for you, the original beta was not created to be BETA PREMIUM, it was was supposed to be BETA TESTING. Meaning, yes we get things early, this was with the expectations that we would report any bugs we came upon. We were supposed to test the features so they could be released to non-beta.

I know that beta was supposed to be for testing, Chris said that, but he made the Mineral package, the Piano and Drum packages beta-exclusive for 5 months. Do you think that 5 months is necessary to test them? And the Ultra-Wide and Tall worlds are still beta-exclusive, after 1 year.
And what bugs could we get with them? The friend-list is one thing, but the Mineral package? Chris added that but it wasn't with the objetive to test them.
He added all that to make a lot of people buy beta, and it worked. Everybody with beta was happy, and it was worth 10?.

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

Chris gained a lot of money because a lot of people bought beta, and he decided to hire MrShoe with that money. But MrShoe never gave a lot of attention to beta, and the amount of money received dropped. To not be fired, MrShoe decided to create the Builders' Club, with ridiculous prices (see my post above KRAZYMAN50 to see a comparation between it and Playstation Plus), and removed beta, in a attempt to gain money.

Ok that whole paragraph sounded completely absurd. Nobody knows what goes on behind doors, and unless you have ever talked to Chris himself, I'd rather keep opinion out of it. Yes I agree builders club is over priced, but as I stated before if you don't like it don't buy it.

Crap, I read my post to see if it had a error, and I didn't see that I wrote that part as if it was a fact. It's my theory about what's happening now.

HappyKat wrote:

Also I think I'd rather disagree, because MrShoe updates the game weekly and I think it was helped to increase the EE community. You see the forums count for a very small part of the entirety of the EE community, so you can't judge the whole game based only by what goes on here.

Helped increase? Before MrShoe, you could see around 1500 people online. And today? Around 600. That's not increasing the EE community. That's the opposite.

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

3. Chris doesn't know what MrShoe's doing, people asked about a contest to both, and MrShoe said the things he was going to do about it, when it could be, etc. Chris said that they weren't planning a contest. Someone is lying. (I don't have screenshots in this moment, I'm typing in a cellphone) And Chris said that he wanted the game to be free for everyone, not a pay-2-win game. Look what MrShoe did. Chris doesn't know what MrShoe's doing, he just receives and sends the money.

Aside from the contest thing, which I really do not feel is debate worthy. You need proof, or evidence. You say you are typing from a phone, fine, update it later. I don't ever imagine that Chris would say such a thing. Also last time I talked to Julian he said that he has been working very closely with Chris, I had actually talked to him directly a few ideas ago right after the builder update, he was in one of his level. I don't have any evidence of this, but EE still belongs to Chris and I very much doubt that he would let Julian run the game unattended.

Here's some proof:

MrShoe:

http://i.imgur.com/XsRoc.png
http://i.imgur.com/mG0Kk.png

Chris:

http://cl.ly/image/2s1I2p0z013D/%D0%A1% … .36.54.png

I think that when Chris hired MrShoe, he stayed a while watching his updates, to see if he could work well. That's why during April-June we got some of the greatest updates ever (friend-list, win trophy, water package, etc.). Chris saw that MrShoe could work well alone, and he started giving attention to Player.IO and not to EE. MrShoe started making updates with low effort because Chris wasn't watching MrShoe anymore. That's why I think the quality of the updates are decreasing. So Chris not knowing about what is MrShoe doing makes sense for me. When Chris was still writting blog posts after MrShoe was hired, the updates weren't so controversial as the updates of now. And check in the blog: when Chris stopped writting blog posts (that was in July 12th), MrShoe started making updates that were bad, and very controversial (in his 2nd blog post, he raised the price of chat to 3?).

But...

Bobyy wrote:

@Chris doesn't know what MrShoe is doing part...:   MrShoe talks to Chris on a regular basis I have pic some where on the forums to prove it. But they are talking regularly each day, so don't think that Chris doesn't know what MrShoe is doing.

Okay, if that's true, then Chris and MrShoe are both being stupid.
Chris knows that giving beta more temporary exclusive things (beta-testing) gives more money because people are more interested in buying beta. Now MrShoe isn't giving beta temporary exclusive things (beta-testing), and if they were working together, Chris would tell him to do that. Everybody was quitting the game, nobody was buying beta... They must noticed that (they were getting less money) and they made potions and the level-up system. I think that neither worked, because they weren't good enough to be worth buying beta, and they decided to remove beta and make a overpriced subscription (Builders' Club) that it will be a disaster. That's another theory.

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

4. "Money doesn't grow on trees". Definitely true, but contradicts to "but who would buy gems when everything is free huh? Just use Superrewards to get your beta, and classic tab items. How is the game supposed to make any money?"

Like if it's so simple. Here in my country it's extremely difficult to get gems with it; I don't know about yours, but if it's so simple, why isn't everybody doing that? Go see a couple of worlds. You see only a few people with Builders' Club (because they have 1 month free from beta).

And you're thinking that Superrewards doesn't give money to MrShoe. In that case, Chris would never put a option to buy gems through it. Do you think that these surveys that ask your cellphone number to join to a club where you have to pay 2? per week doesn't give money to Superrewards and to MrShoe? People normally ignore these surveys, and they only care about them when you get money with them. That's how websites like Superrewards work. They recieve surveys of people who want them to be complete, and those people pay Superrewards to give them to people like you. When you complete them, Superrewards gives you a part of the money it received and you spend it in Everybody Edits.

Again this is debatable. First off I would NEVER use my real name, or phone number in any of those scams, nor would I give away my credit card information. All I'm saying is I have heard from different users saying how they got beta for free by using false information to obtain gems. Second of all, so what if superrewards is just another scam. If I get what I need the end justifies the means. If I have gems, and I obtained them without spending cash, than that's all I need.

Also how do my first two statements contradict themselves huh? I am saying money doesn't grow on trees (meaning there must be a reason their are payed feature on EE other than Chris being "greedy"), and that we shouldn't knock off Chris or Julian for trying to earn it. How are they supposed to earn it though, when people are getting their things for free. Well your superrewards argument has a valid answer to that, but again unless we actually know where all the money is going, then I will not complains.

You said that money doesn't grow on trees (meaning that you have to work for it) and everything is free, you just need to use Superrewards.

These statements contradict themselves because nothing is free. You are thinking that giving your opinion/signing up on a website/etc. in websites like Superrewards isn't work. But it is. The people you see saying that they got beta by doing Superrewards things, they didn't say if it was very easy to do, with no effort or if it was hard to do and it needed a lot of effort. Unless you actually tried to get gems on Superrewards or another websites, (and I know that you didn't, because you are basing your argument on things that another people said about them), you don't know if they really worked on getting gems or not.

Another thing you're getting wrong in here is this:

If I get what I need the end justifies the means. If I have gems, and I obtained them without spending cash, than that's all I need.

Let's say for example that you're catching strawberries. You catch them for 2 hours, and you sell the strawberries you got. You get money for your work, but following your way of thinking, I just got money for free. This is just an example. Other examples are client support, selling dvds, etc. You don't spend money, you work and you get money.

Money is a payment for your work, it's not something you can get yourself for free instantly. (Unless someone offers money to you, but that's another story)

HappyKat wrote:

Another notes:

I'm not going to argue with your opinions about Julian. Everyones a critic. Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of his work either, but at least we actually have steady weekly updates.

You know whenever I get frustrated I just imagine. Imagine being Julian, working your hardest, yet being criticized with everything you do. Imagine, getting hundreds of emails of bug, complaints, frustrations, and other general hoo hah. Imagine every time you go into a world, chats and non chat alike bombarding you with various questions. Imagine working on a deadline for a giant gaming company.

Realistically, he is not going to make everyone happy. The game is a business, and this is treated as so. The game is made to be more appealing to newbies, because once they get hooked they'll want to stay. And when they stay they invite their friends, and when they invite friends at least one of them is bound to be a pay to play which helps support the game.

With a business you have to appeal to the larger crowd, unfortunately for us who have been playing for a while, those who know what it truly means to be an EE player will get left behind. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. You are more than welcome to leave, because if you don't like what's happening now I can assure you it will probably only get worse. You have to consider who is the larger crowd in this game. All you have to do is look in the level lobby.

Anyways I don't feel like discussing this anymore, I think I have gotten my point across as far as I can, and so I bid you good night.

Yes, ignoring the minority who truly loves the game and wants to support it. Here in the forums is the highest amount of people who supports the game. The other 90% of the community, sugests things to MrShoe and do another things, but they even support the game? Other examples are Wikipedia and non-profit instituitions. How many people care about donating to Wikipedia to keep it alive? Only about 1%. How many people care about helping starving kids in Africa? Only about 1%.

So you can see that only a small fan base wants to support EE and not the other 90% of the people. If MrShoe is taking sugestions from people who doesn't support the game (they don't care about buying them), the result will be the same. Wikipedia made ads saying to help Wikipedia, to donate money to keep it alive. How many people did that? Definitely a lot more, but more than 10%? Nope. And these non-profit instituitions who made ads saying to help them, to donate money to help starving kids in Africa, saving Japan, etc.? How many people did that too? Not more than 10%. The minority is the one doing everything.

What do you think about us, who support the game and want it to grow, and we are betrayed by MrShoe and the things he's doing to us? We pay to MrShoe and what do we get in exchange? We need now to go to Facebook to play, the chat was raised by 3?, beta was replaced by a subscription, death is added, etc. Things that are ruining the game that we invested on. How would you feel?

I know that you can't appeal everybody, that's a fact, but making very controversial updates? Look at the time when he had simple updates, with 1 per 2/3 months. Did everyone get angry at a stupid update like the ones we have now? No.

Chris said that the game wasn't going to have subscriptions, things that could make the game pay-2-win, he said that the game wasn't going to have death, he also said a lot of another things that the game will never have, and look at now.

And MrShoe wants to force people to buy the Builders' Club subscription.

You may have seen this:

Julian (Blog) wrote:

The first hazard we have introduced is the spikes. If you touch the spikes you will blow up :-)   And then respawn at the latest checkpoint. Again, pretty much like you would expect.

Spikes are the first hazard, but lava have been suggested countless times, and that will probably be added soon.

If spikes are a limited item, so lava is going to be a limited item too. Which is stupid.
To take advantage of them, we need a Builders' Club subscription. It's a sign. Do you see why is Builders' Club bad? I know that it's useful to a lot of people who don't have that blocks, but it can be very bad if things like that happen. The game can be turned into a pay-2-win game.

So we can conclude that, or 1: Chris is lying to us, or 2: MrShoe is betraying us.
Either way, we are being ignored.

Look at the topics in the General Discussion forum. Everyone is questioning the future of EE.
Because of this things MrShoe is doing to us.

We have been playing EE before MrShoe was hired, we also were trying to use EE's potentials to do better minis, better art and another stuff, trying to reach its limits with new concepts, new things, trying to make EE a better game, we know what does the game need more than everybody else... And MrShoe is killing the game. He's trying to get the most money possible with it. He ignores us, the fan-base, the ones that paid to support it...

We are also suggesting solutions for this situation. Like making beta avaiable again and giving attention to it, by giving gifts to them. That would raise the number of people who want to buy beta. But he just ignores us.

Then the game will die, and it will be MrShoe's fault. He will ask one day why is everybody quitting the game, why is nobody buying anything...

Edit: 800th post!

Omg thanks for that p788 Finally it's going
to be a contest I hope MrShoe will do it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by:

#897 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

allerulez wrote:

Omg thanks for that p788 Finally it's going to be a contest I hope MrShoe will do it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

You do realize that Benjaminsen, who is the creator of this game, said that:
%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%202012-11-21%20%D0%B2%2021.36.54.png there will be NO CONTEST, unless he said so (or RPGMaster2000, who was in charge of the contests [I think]), which he didn't. So, looks like no contest, which is alright with me.

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#898 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

gregregreg wrote:
allerulez wrote:

Omg thanks for that p788 Finally it's going to be a contest I hope MrShoe will do it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

You do realize that Benjaminsen, who is the creator of this game, said that:
http://f.cl.ly/items/0W2e0i1i2Z3P2b0x0k … .36.54.png there will be NO CONTEST, unless he said so (or RPGMaster2000, who was in charge of the contests [I think]), which he didn't. So, looks like no contest, which is alright with me.

Not planned != forbidden from happening

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#899 Before February 2015

skullhead

Just found out about the new smiley it's a new year 2012 check out MrShoe's profile : http://everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/MrShoe

It's a smiley with a crumpled hat a little twizzy thing in his mouth.

Last edited by skullhead (Dec 25 2012 12:20:09 pm)

Wooted by:

#900 Before February 2015

Saintcool

For those of you who are too stupid to see skullheads link is wrong:
58ZIT.png

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer