Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#851 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Re: Update Discussion

Bad, Baddy bad baddidy.

Anyone notice, This? https://www.roblox.com/Upgrades/Builder … ships.aspx

Wooted by:

#852 Before February 2015

normaluser

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

This is exactly what MrShoe is doing to us: He lurked to EE thinking he could make it a better game, but all he is doing is replacing our classic nostalgic features we know and love with total crap. It's like he's going to a museum, taking all the items out of it, and puts pasta in place of the artifacts. That's all he's doing. Replacing our valuable artifacts with pasta.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that you can't get beta anymore.
Not the pasta, but you get what I mean.

Wooted by:

#853 Before February 2015

P788

HappyKat wrote:

I think we can all collectively agree that Chris has, and continues to show signs of greediness with the game. Well first off let me ask this, do you guys even consider how much money it costs to host the domain? Not to mention keep the game going. Money doesn't grow on trees and Chris probably needed a new source of revenue. Well so then there were gems, but who would buy gems when everything is free huh? Just use super rewards to get your beta, and classic tab items. How is the game supposed to make any money?

I completely disagree about this.

1. 1 domain = 10?. They don't last forever, so you need to renew them like, once per year. But it's cheap anyway.

Do you know these hosting websites like Hosting24 or Hostgator? Well hosting domains = 5?/month there. And there are services that allow you to host a website for FREE. So a website requires zero cost, the only exceptions are buying a domain and wanting good hosting services, because those services that give hosting for free, you can have some problems with them.

You're thinking that managing a website requires like, 500? a year, but anyone can do it for free. In the case of Everybody Edits, they only need 1 or 2 people buying beta once per year, in relation with website costs. For this year they already have money from me and from one of my friends.

2. Until May, beta had lots of exclusive stuff. That was the thing that made a lot of people (including me and one of my friends) buy beta more than the other reasons. I had the bad luck of buying beta in the exact same day all the beta exclusive stuff (except the beta blocks and smileys, and the ultra-wide and tall worlds) was given to non-betas (May 11). And MrShoe never gived exclusive stuff to beta again until October with potions and November with the level-up system. That made some people leave the game, because they paid to precisely to have things first (exclusive for some time).

Let's take as a example the videogame consoles. Exclusive games are the most important thing between two different consoles. If one had lots of exclusive games and other only a few, what would you buy? Yes, the one with lots of exclusive games. That's why in my country everybody has PS3 (along with the marketing, Microsoft doesn't make it and Sony does).

Chris gained a lot of money because a lot of people bought beta, and he decided to hire MrShoe with that money. But MrShoe never gave a lot of attention to beta, and the amount of money received dropped. To not be fired, MrShoe decided to create the Builders' Club, with ridiculous prices (see my post above KRAZYMAN50 to see a comparation between it and Playstation Plus), and removed beta, in a attempt to gain money.

He didn't care about beta people, and now he's getting what he deserves.

3. Chris doesn't know what MrShoe's doing, people asked about a contest to both, and MrShoe said the things he was going to do about it, when it could be, etc. Chris said that they weren't planning a contest. Someone is lying. (I don't have screenshots in this moment, I'm typing in a cellphone) And Chris said that he wanted the game to be free for everyone, not a pay-2-win game. Look what MrShoe did. Chris doesn't know what MrShoe's doing, he just receives and sends the money.

4. "Money doesn't grow on trees". Definitely true, but contradicts to "but who would buy gems when everything is free huh? Just use Superrewards to get your beta, and classic tab items. How is the game supposed to make any money?"

Like if it's so simple. Here in my country it's extremely difficult to get gems with it; I don't know about yours, but if it's so simple, why isn't everybody doing that? Go see a couple of worlds. You see only a few people with Builders' Club (because they have 1 month free from beta).

And you're thinking that Superrewards doesn't give money to MrShoe. In that case, Chris would never put a option to buy gems through it. Do you think that these surveys that ask your cellphone number to join to a club where you have to pay 2? per week doesn't give money to Superrewards and to MrShoe? People normally ignore these surveys, and they only care about them when you get money with them. That's how websites like Superrewards work. They recieve surveys of people who want them to be complete, and those people pay Superrewards to give them to people like you. When you complete them, Superrewards gives you a part of the money it received and you spend it in Everybody Edits.

Another notes:

I like the Builders' Club idea because it fixes the problem of not having all the packages, but a insanely high price, elimination of beta... It completely ruins the update, making it one of the most hated updates of all time, if is not in 1st place.

The updates MrShoe gives, they are good and things like that, but he makes some decisions that ruin the effort he made.

If he only listened to the community... Chris didn't do that too, but it was his game, he was his creator and he knew what could ruin it. And if the game was ruined, he could close the game and we could lose a great game. The community and Chris have things to lose with that decision.

And MrShoe? What is the worst thing that could happen to him if the game is ruined? Be fired? He works in the Space Time Foam studio, firing him wouldn't make a difference. No, it actually makes a difference, he could lose a job that consists only on: imagining ideas for the game, make graphics using them, write some code to implement them into the game, fix some bugs and answering questions. Simple stuff for a person like him. So he can do everything he wants.

If he listened to us... We have so much ideas, so much opinions, so much critics... If he used them, imagine how could be the game. Imagine.

But he just doesn't care. Because he wants control over the game, he doesn't want another people to control the game.

If I was controlling the game, I would listen to the community and see in what things the game could get better, sugestions, critics, etc. Because I could not waste time thinking of things of implement (with some exceptions...), I could see where were the worst things about it, what the community wants most... And because after all, the community is the one paying to support it.

(This is the biggest text I ever wrote in a smartphone)

Last edited by P788 (Dec 15 2012 10:24:26 pm)

Wooted by:

#854 Before February 2015

HappyKat

P788 wrote:

1. 1 domain = 10?. They don't last forever, so you need to renew them like, once per year. But it's cheap anyway.

Well this fact is debatable, because I will openly admit I have no idea how much money it takes to run EE, but the last time I heard from RPG2K it was actually quite a bit. So I won't address this.

P788 wrote:

2. Until May, beta had lots of exclusive stuff.

Ok look I had this same issue at first, dealing with the fact that non-betas were getting stuff. Well here's some news for you, the original beta was not created to be BETA PREMIUM, it was was supposed to be BETA TESTING. Meaning, yes we get things early, this was with the expectations that we would report any bugs we came upon. We were supposed to test the features so they could be released to non-beta.

P788 wrote:

Chris gained a lot of money because a lot of people bought beta, and he decided to hire MrShoe with that money. But MrShoe never gave a lot of attention to beta, and the amount of money received dropped. To not be fired, MrShoe decided to create the Builders' Club, with ridiculous prices (see my post above KRAZYMAN50 to see a comparation between it and Playstation Plus), and removed beta, in a attempt to gain money.

Ok that whole paragraph sounded completely absurd. Nobody knows what goes on behind doors, and unless you have ever talked to Chris himself, I'd rather keep opinion out of it. Yes I agree builders club is over priced, but as I stated before if you don't like it don't buy it.

Also I think I'd rather disagree, because MrShoe updates the game weekly and I think it was helped to increase the EE community. You see the forums count for a very small part of the entirety of the EE community, so you can't judge the whole game based only by what goes on here.

P788 wrote:

3. Chris doesn't know what MrShoe's doing, people asked about a contest to both, and MrShoe said the things he was going to do about it, when it could be, etc. Chris said that they weren't planning a contest. Someone is lying. (I don't have screenshots in this moment, I'm typing in a cellphone) And Chris said that he wanted the game to be free for everyone, not a pay-2-win game. Look what MrShoe did. Chris doesn't know what MrShoe's doing, he just receives and sends the money.

Aside from the contest thing, which I really do not feel is debate worthy. You need proof, or evidence. You say you are typing from a phone, fine, update it later. I don't ever imagine that Chris would say such a thing. Also last time I talked to Julian he said that he has been working very closely with Chris, I had actually talked to him directly a few ideas ago right after the builder update, he was in one of his level. I don't have any evidence of this, but EE still belongs to Chris and I very much doubt that he would let Julian run the game unattended.

P788 wrote:

4. "Money doesn't grow on trees". Definitely true, but contradicts to "but who would buy gems when everything is free huh? Just use Superrewards to get your beta, and classic tab items. How is the game supposed to make any money?"

Like if it's so simple. Here in my country it's extremely difficult to get gems with it; I don't know about yours, but if it's so simple, why isn't everybody doing that? Go see a couple of worlds. You see only a few people with Builders' Club (because they have 1 month free from beta).

And you're thinking that Superrewards doesn't give money to MrShoe. In that case, Chris would never put a option to buy gems through it. Do you think that these surveys that ask your cellphone number to join to a club where you have to pay 2? per week doesn't give money to Superrewards and to MrShoe? People normally ignore these surveys, and they only care about them when you get money with them. That's how websites like Superrewards work. They recieve surveys of people who want them to be complete, and those people pay Superrewards to give them to people like you. When you complete them, Superrewards gives you a part of the money it received and you spend it in Everybody Edits.

Again this is debatable. First off I would NEVER use my real name, or phone number in any of those scams, nor would I give away my credit card information. All I'm saying is I have heard from different users saying how they got beta for free by using false information to obtain gems. Second of all, so what if superrewards is just another scam. If I get what I need the end justifies the means. If I have gems, and I obtained them without spending cash, than that's all I need.

Also how do my first two statements contradict themselves huh? I am saying money doesn't grow on trees (meaning there must be a reason their are payed feature on EE other than Chris being "greedy"), and that we shouldn't knock off Chris or Julian for trying to earn it. How are they supposed to earn it though, when people are getting their things for free. Well your superrewards argument has a valid answer to that, but again unless we actually know where all the money is going, then I will not complains.

Another notes:

I'm not going to argue with your opinions about Julian. Everyones a critic. Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of his work either, but at least we actually have steady weekly updates.

You know whenever I get frustrated I just imagine. Imagine being Julian, working your hardest, yet being criticized with everything you do. Imagine, getting hundreds of emails of bug, complaints, frustrations, and other general hoo hah. Imagine every time you go into a world, chats and non chat alike bombarding you with various questions. Imagine working on a deadline for a giant gaming company.

Realistically, he is not going to make everyone happy. The game is a business, and this is treated as so. The game is made to be more appealing to newbies, because once they get hooked they'll want to stay. And when they stay they invite their friends, and when they invite friends at least one of them is bound to be a pay to play which helps support the game.

With a business you have to appeal to the larger crowd, unfortunately for us who have been playing for a while, those who know what it truly means to be an EE player will get left behind. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. You are more than welcome to leave, because if you don't like what's happening now I can assure you it will probably only get worse. You have to consider who is the larger crowd in this game. All you have to do is look in the level lobby.

Anyways I don't feel like discussing this anymore, I think I have gotten my point across as far as I can, and so I bid you good night.

Last edited by HappyKat (Dec 15 2012 11:23:23 pm)

Wooted by:

#855 Before February 2015

Bobyy

HappyKat wrote:
P788 wrote:

Rant Rant

Blah Blah RPGMaster2000 Blah Blah

P788 wrote:

Rant Rant

Blah Blah

P788 wrote:

Rant Rant

Blah Blah

P788 wrote:

Aside from the contest thing, which I really do not feel is debate worthy. You need proof, or evidence. You say you are typing from a phone, fine, update it later. I don't ever imagine that Chris would say such a thing. Also last time I talked to Julian he said that he has been working very closely with Chris, I had actually talked to him directly a few ideas ago right after the builder update, he was in one of his level. I don't have any evidence of this, but EE still belongs to Chris and I very much doubt that he would let Julian run the game unattended.

More ranting and blah blah...

@Chris doesn't know what MrShoe is doing part...:   MrShoe talks to Chris on a regular basis I have pic some where on the forums to prove it. But they are talking regularly each day, so don't think that Chris doesn't know what MrShoe is doing.

Last edited by Bobyy (Dec 17 2012 2:32:56 pm)

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

Wooted by:

#856 Before February 2015

Koto

Speaking of updates, there's only one more before the world ends....

What do you think it will be?? o_O

Wooted by:

#857 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Someone was telling me there is going to be a Christmas update this week.

I have no idea who/what told him that, but he was confident.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#858 Before February 2015

Shaddey

TakoMan02 wrote:

Someone was telling me there is going to be a Christmas update this week.

I have no idea who/what told him that, but he was confident.

Wtff! Amazing I hope it will be a contest!
I'm waiting a lot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#859 Before February 2015

Urban

End of the world: Spikes, archeologist smiley, and checkpoints.
The spikes are a hazard, and make your smiley explode.
Christmas: wrapping paper backgrounds and ribbon decorations.

Wooted by:

#860 Before February 2015

skullhead

It told me to save and get off my world for the update. I like the new Spikes

Wooted by:

#861 Before February 2015

ktostam450

Skipes?

So new minigames are here!

Wooted by:

#862 Before February 2015

Saintcool

What can you do with spikes that you couldn't do with portals?

Wooted by:

#863 Before February 2015

Lictor666

Nice update, but it's bugged :
1355920778-bug.png

And it's not with goods updates we'll forget the builders club...

Last edited by Lictor666 (Dec 19 2012 6:40:30 am)

Wooted by:

#864 Before February 2015

I kind of like this update.
And the exploding animation makes me lmao, I don't know why.

Saintcool wrote:

They look way better than portals, especially if the minigame you're making is a pit.
And they're unlimited, right?

Wooted by:

#865 Before February 2015

BadFurDay

Saintcool wrote:

Portals are annoying to use in big numbers.

Spikes are straightforward, you just place them and you're done. Also unlimited, not everyone has as many portals as they need.
Actually, are spikes even unlimited?

Wooted by:

#866 Before February 2015

BadFurDay wrote:
Saintcool wrote:

Portals are annoying to use in big numbers.

Spikes are straightforward, you just place them and you're done. Also unlimited, not everyone has as many portals as they need.
Actually, are spikes even unlimited?

A drawback is that the respawning is somewhat buggy, though. Also, we need a non-beta/BC to see if it's unlimited.
EDIT: Just tested with a fresh account, they are limited.

Last edited by 0176 (Dec 19 2012 7:26:21 am)

Wooted by:

#867 Before February 2015

Saintcool

No, in the shop its 1000 energy for 10 spikes, and 250 energy for one re-spawn point.

Wooted by:

#868 Before February 2015

Saintcool wrote:

No, in the shop its 1000 energy for 10 spikes, and 250 energy for one re-spawn point.

Ah, you beat me to it :<
That's costly IMO, at least the respawn point.

Last edited by 0176 (Dec 19 2012 7:27:35 am)

Wooted by:

#869 Before February 2015

Arceus64

The animation for hitting the spikes is nice, and it's easier to to place checkpoints since portal coordinates got confusing and annoying for me at times.

The decorative and background updates make for a good holiday present, but not for much else.

The spike glitch is frustrating, however.

Last edited by Arceus64 (Dec 19 2012 8:13:27 am)

Wooted by:

#870 Before February 2015

Echo!

Saintcool wrote:

user friendly, look much better and cleaner. 2750 energy cheaper for 10, that's 3500 for 10 spikes and 10 checkpoints but 6250 energy for 10 portals. Much cheaper.

I was dreading the day for this update, I personally think that he has nailed it.

Wooted by:

#871 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Well, looks like I'm going to have to remove my Builders Club today...And honestly, I'm kinda not looking forward to it.

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

Wooted by:

#872 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I'm very pleased with this update - can't wait to see more ways to die.

Inb4fallingblockscrushingsmileys

>:D

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#873 Before February 2015

DJDavid98
Website

Awww_yeah.jpg

Wooted by:

#874 Before February 2015

Boywhoflies

Well, I thought the day that Mr. Shoe added death would be horrible, since Chris had said there would never be death.

Well, this is actually really cool.

Also, does anybody know if this Christmas pack goes into Classic? If it does, I need to email Mr. Shoe and get my BC removed.

Last edited by Boywhoflies (Dec 19 2012 1:33:16 pm)

Wooted by:

#875 Before February 2015

Brushfire

I think the checkpoints and spikes are nice, they add more possibilities for level creation.

Wooted by:
Zoey20701434489379513249

Board footer